Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose clearing?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes have a stuffy feeling nose, but when i blow my nose, it still feels the same... anyway to get this extra snot out? lol.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I was thinking I've got nasal polyps as my nose rarely feels clear now this cold damp weather is here.

You may want to try a nasal pot. It looks like a little watering can, you put warm water & salt in it, place the spout to your nostral and let the water run through the other, if you're very congested it won't run through but keep at it for a few days and things will start to get better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Olbas Oil or Eucalyptus Oil dabbed onto a handkerchief and sniffed can really clear your nose. Just don't get any of this oil near your eyes - it stings like crazy! Shock Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to recall a good massage blend for blocked sinues...

I'd have to check but it was something like

Geranium 5
Peppermint 2
Eucalyptus 5
Rosemary 2

of course the oils can be altered perhaps lavender instead of peppermint if you have sensitive skin.

mix them in bottle then use five drops in approx a teapsoon of carrier oil and massage over face, throat round your ears and behind the neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Drinking a lot of water might help. It should break up any mucus in your body and therefore make it easier to get out.
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
i recommend washing your nose with a neti pot. it takes a while to get used to doing it properly especially when the water just doesn't seem to go through but if you stick at it, it does work. usually throughout the winter i can not breathe through my nose but this helps to keep it clear. i only do it once at night, i wouldn't recommend doing it in the morning, because if you have any water left in your nose when you step out in to the cold, it will worsen the condition.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I second the neti pot suggestions. This is my life saver during the winter months especially, and I find I get less frequent colds when I use this regularly.

Also... be sure you're not blowing your nose too hard trying to get rid of the stuffed up feeling. This can cause the tissues up there to become inflamed or swollen, which in turn makes you feel even more stuffed up when there's not anything up there.

Blow gently. A hot steamy shower might help loosed whatever congestion is up there.

Good luck!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
A good sinus clearning exercise is to take the back of ur thumbs so ur nails are on ur cheeks, each thumb lined up with ur eye iris, press pretty hard (it might hurt if really blocked) and pull ur thumbs straight down do this a few times and u'll be amazed. Again its a bit uncomfortable but only for the time it takes to do this.
Good luck
Melissa
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Neti pots are great! I had to get used to the sensation of using one.

MelissaMarie- Your technique sound kind of like acupressure. I also rub that point (although I guess it's actually a stomach point in accupressure, but It works for me)

Here are some other pressure points for relieving sinus congestion and pain that work for me too:

http://www.soundtells.com/Acupressure/Online/iSinus.htm

They feel a bit tender, like you said, when you find the right spot.

I hope you feel better google5

rina
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
It might very well be an accupressure point, but i don't rub, I push thumbs in and pull down...it really can hurt a bit (but only while doing it, so honestly seconds) and my experience has been great opening of sinus's. I wish i could remember who taught me this, but it was ages ago. Anyway best of luck.

Melissa
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
To get rid of the excess water after a rinse with the neti pot there are a couple of yogic tricks... One is to stand on your head Laughing which is a great experience and not as difficult as one first thinks Very Happy

If you can't master the (or dare to) handstand another way to get the remainding water out is to bend over for a minute, and then straighten up and gently tilt your head from side to side...and as previously said - gently blow your nose. I have a friend who gets terrible hayfever and allergic reactions to pollen and he rinses his nose several times a day.

I've also heard that nose rinsing is very good for asthmatics

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |