Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommedation of product for neck
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Fair Lady

Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to be 35 soon and I have noticed that the skin on my neck is sagging with lines. What kind of products would you recommend to smooth the lines and firm the skin on my neck?

Many Thanks
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Fair Lady,

I was just having a catch-up read of all the threads and came across some similar queries you made by siri and luminee regarding your concerns-- thought you might be interested since you asked for some recommendations on products! Casper's Mum has recommended a few Wink
www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=643
www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=631

There's a thread on SPF at the moment so I thought I would answer your post and give you my 2 cent's worth about the neck area especially as it's one that often gets overlooked when we lavish all the attention and care on our faces!! :PVery Happy
First off, if you haven't started using a sunscreen START!!! Dermatologists are saying that the difference in wrinkles between those who use a sunscreen and those who don't is marked. Surprised You can seriously take YEARS off your look by a dedicated use of a sunscreen. Evidently, the lower neck and the decolletage areas are often neglected and are most prone to sun damage. When you apply sunscreen on top of your moisturiser in the mornings, always make sure you EXTEND it from the neck right down to the decolletage area (the part between your breasts).
It's an area that gets ravaged by the sun as well and needs protection just as much as our faces. It's always a safe bet to put a bigger dollup of it on your fingers than less of it! Wink

People spend a fortune on wrinkle creams but forget that sunscreen, if anything, is the *BEST* line-preventing (and skin cancer preventing) lotion of them all. When I've found a good one I use it faithfully until my tube of it runs out, when I turn to our forum members for their recommendations.
(BABS, I'm eagerly waiting for your reply to leeleedeedee's Q's re the Skinceuticals sunscreen- whether it leaves a white cast on the skin, or does it eventually sink in?? Not that the whitish cast bothers me as long as you can say it's a good sunscreen!).

Hope this helps!

summertimegirl xx Very Happy

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
First off, if you haven't started using a sunscreen START!!!

Ooops!! meant to say PLEEESE start !! Very Happy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Two thumbs up for this post, Summertimegirl. I agree with you 101%. I always use sunscreen even on a cloudy day, otherwise I feel kind of...naked. My favorite one which never break my skin out is PTR Max Tinted Protective Day Cream SPF30. The good thing is this one really helps hiding all redness and blotchiness as well as moisturizing my skin, so I don't need any foundation, just a little bit of rouge to give me some color. Which sunscreen do you use, Summertimegirl? I'm waiting for another huge review from you Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Leila, we all seem to be pretty crazy about our sunscreen so I guess we must all be on the right track to having good skin that will take us into our old age with glamour and grace!! Very HappyWink No but seriously, how good is it that we all look out for each other (in a way of speaking) with all the advice and experience we share?! I just love this forum! Wink
At the moment I am using Phytomer's Ogenage Protective Cellular Anti-Age cream SPF 30 (bit of a mouthful!!) which I use on top of my moisturiser, followed by my foundation (which also has an SPF 15). With all the layering of products you would think that I look like I've dipped my face in a bucket of oil but surprisingly it just looks "dewy" the way I love wearing it. I'm going to get the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 as Barbara has said it's non-greasy and and doesn't leave a white film.

A note on the "rouge" I can't live without blush either! I use a cream blush in a stick -- Bobby Brown's Sand Pink, a natural flush to your cheeks.

Summertimegirl xx
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fair Lady, I just ordered the Sothy's neck cream--I've never tried it and I actually ordered it for my dad. My dad surprisingly loves products and actually digs through my mom's stash! If he likes it, I'll let you know if it worked.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I have used Valmonts neck cream and love it. This is actually the only place where I didn't buy something especially for the area and I now do. Very creamy, pleasant fragrance. Very Happy

Babs
jonh200

Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Without wanting to sound controversial, i cant but help feel that all these so called anti-ageing creams are nothing more than snakeoils.

I have personally found that much of this stuff actually causes skin irriatation and may actually induce wrinkling, particularly if used too frequently.

I do, however take a daily regimen of strong anti-oxidant capsules:-

600mg alpha lipoic acid
1000mg vitamic c ester
120mg Co enzyme Q10
2000mg EPA omega 3 fish oil
2000mg omega 6 oil
Vitame E capsules

Cant say whether it helps from an anti-ageing point of view, but my immune system has been amazing these past 12 months - i never seem to get colds anymore, which is rare for me !

BTW - check this link out regardings AHA's, for those considering using them:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/870010.stm
jonh200

Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:32 am      Reply with quote
The above link dosent work, this one should hopefully:-

BBC News | HEALTH | Anti-wrinkle
creams 'accelerate ageing'
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi John200,

You didn't sound controversial...Wink HOWEVER the same has been said about supplements too. My 2 cents is (for both topics) anything in moderation is ok. I am an advocate of supplements, and in fact have a small supply that I take daily and have for the last 15+ years. As I get older I modify it accordingly. As for the products this spa sells, they are some of the best offered. They too, as the supplements I believe in, have made a tremendous difference in my skins ageing process. Unfortunately there are some very big rip offs out there in the cosmetic world and to keep my hands clean I will refrain from naming some BUT here, at EDS, there are none. Thank you for putting a positive spin on supplements, I have been involved in many discussions where holistic therapy was another acronym voodoo.

Babs
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |