Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help-Need more advice on eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
whitelori
5% products discount

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I recently posted about something that just appeared under my eye near where a pair of sunglasses would sit that look like tiny white bumps (they are hardly bumpy but white and it has the texture of chicken skin) on both sides of my eyes. I purchased Neostrata eye cream at the advice of someone here (thank you!) and have been using it but haven't noticed any change yet. The cream seems a little drying to me and now I notice skin sagging underneath my bottom lashes. I stopped applying the cream there and now only put it on the skin that looks funny with bumps. On the tube it says a sunscreen product is recommended. I have no idea what to use under my eyes in that department! I have a sample of IS Clinical eye complex which I know does not have spf so that will not work. I'm really afraid to try anything under my eyes because I don't know what caused this bumpy like skin in the first place. Can someone recommend an eye cream that moisturizes, helps with sagging and provides SPF protcetion but doesn't cause milia? Is there such a product? I have LPE 60 but I'm not sure I can use that under my eye. I'm suspsicous that the Oil of Olay moisturizer I used under my eye one day caused the bumps. I'm thinking I can continue to use Neostrata along with something else. I just don't know what the something else is. And if Neostrata doesn't take away the weird bumpy skin under my eyes I'm not sure what else to try! Many of the products are very expensive! Naturalis Milia treatment is tempting but at $100 I'm afraid to buy it and have it fail.

I believe Neutrogena just came out with a spf30 eye cream. I don't know anything about it. Does anyone else?

Thanks!!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Whitelori

This bumpy skin is right where your sunglasses rest on your cheek? I know exactly what you mean as I get that ... from where my eyeglasses "rest" on my cheeks. It's not that they actually "touch" that part of my cheek ... but they must from time to time as this does seem to be a phenomenon of the glasses.

However, if, in fact, those bumps are caused from wearing your sunglasses ... and if you wear your sunglasses consistently when you're outside or driving etc ... I'm not sure that you'd need a sunscreen as well. Surely the sunglasses would provide adequate protection in that area ... wouldn't they?

I treat those bumps where the bottom of the glasses "rest" on my cheeks the same way I would treat bumps elsewhere on my face. I have been known to put salic acid gel there over night to help reduce them ... and that seems to work. I work to "decongest" that area as I presume that's the actual cause of the problem.

As for my eyes themselves, I keep the area hydrated by applying a bit of the jojoba oil I use as a moisturizer there ... patting it into that area. I then pat a Vitamin E eye cream. I'm 54 and this seems to keep the area looking "fresh" for the whole day.

Whenever I'm outside I have the sunglasses that fit my eyeglasses on ... I'm very sensitive to brightness so unless it's a particularly dark [ie stormy] day, I have sunglasses on ... so I don't worry about a sunscreen for that area.

The Vitamin E eye cream is by Jameson ... just drugstore sort ...

So far, this has worked well for me. Hope this helps.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
If you decided to go with an eye cream with SPF and wear sunglasses less often, Murad makes an eye cream with SPF and C. This got many good reviews and vit-c can stimulate collagen production and help with the sagging.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the advice. I don't think the bumps are from the glasses because they don't actually rest on my face. I thought it could be but then checked today and my glasses are not resting there. It is the area that sunglasses might rest on. It is at the crease where the nose starts and then goes down and out following the line where my dark circles begin. Many of these white bumps are also higher in my undereye area which is very thin and dark. I asked someone in a beauty store about it and they also talked about trying salic acid and I did try it for a little while but I didn't notice anything happening. I may be too impatient and not waiting long enough. The bumps don't appear exactly like milia because they aren't raised up high like I've seen in pictures.

Is there a danger of jojoba oil or vitamin E causing more blockage? I don't think you would use it if it did but had to ask!

I normally do not use sunscreen around my eyes but the Neostrata cream says to and that is why I asked. I wear sunglasses when I'm outside most of the time.

Thanks again for your help!
whitelori
5% products discount

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Wildcat. Would I have to moisturize with a product like Murad? I remember reading something that C could be irritating? Just making sure...thanks!!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again Whitelori,

My eye glasses don't actually rest on my face either ... but if I get particularly hot and begin to "glisten" [because women never sweat ... they just glisten Laughing ] ... or if I scrunch up my face for some reason ... exactly where I have these bumps is exactly where the bottom of my glasses "hit". Don't ask my why I might "scrunch up my face" ... I haven't a clue ...

I think that while the glasses stay "fixed" ... my face moves ... and if I squint, or otherwise use expressive gestures, my cheeks actually do make contact with the bottom of my glasses.

I have always just put these bumps ... which aren't really visible ... but they I can feel them ... down to possible friction with the bottom of my glasses. I can't go without my glasses ... well I could but I'd rather be able to see Laughing ... I've always just put up with them.

I don't find that either jojoba or vitamin e block my pores ... certainly not in that area. The Vitamin E eye cream has other stuff in it ... can't recall at the moment what that other stuff is ... but it's all good, nourishing eye stuff. I quite like it.

Jojoba is supposed to be very good for problem skin ... but I don't use a whole lot of it. A very little goes a long way.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
C can be irritating but I think the amount in the eye cream is not that high to cause a serious irritation. You can also email Murad to ask about the % in the eye cream. If you use it, I don't think you need extra moisturizer but if you feel dry you can definately top it off with some other eye cream. I know others top vit-C serum for eyes off with some other eye cream. Do you use any other product that contain C on your face? Many other ladies here are absolutely devoted to C so as I. I think C is less irritating than things like Retin-A but it also stimulate collagen production.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |