Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dealing with THE infamous PIMPLE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Okay.. it's Friday. The pimple is flatter, but it still hurts A LOT and is really red with a scab about the size of an asterisk --> * haha, that was the best comparison i could make. But get this.. it gets better. There's a new pimple of the same size right next to it. How cute, it's like they're best friends. Mad

Yesterday, I pressed a cotton ball with ACV on it for about a half hour to soften it. Then I pressed a cotton ball with Clean & Clear salycic acid astringent on it for about ten minutes. I did those two steps twice yesterday and then I left on a Clean & Clear 2% salycic acid gel treatment overnight with a band-aid on it.

I'm going out tonight, so I'll be wearing makeup. What I did this morning was wash my face with Cetaphil because it's so mild, lightly grazing the cleanser over the pimple. Then I used my moisturizer. I'm trying to re-apply moisturizer often to keep the pimple smooth for when I put concealer on it tonight.

The thing really hurts, which is probably the reason why I'm that much more aware of it, self conscious about it, and wanting to touch it every second.

What should I do for the rest of the day? Re-apply moisturizer? Leave it alone? I don't want to cause more irritation.

When I conceal it tonight, how should I do it?

Thanks ladies! You're woooooonderful!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes I know the ones!!! The worst thing you can do with these is mess with them so STOP TOUCHING AND PRESSING IT RIGHT NOW Laughing When concealing spots I normally apply concealer using a brush, then pressed powder.
If you use liquid foundation then I find its better to apply the concealer after the foundation is on then set with powder.
Attention will be drawn away when you have blush on you cheeks and eye make-up on.
Have a good night out Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Someone was saying something in the aloe vera thread about it reducing pimple redness/size. You might want to check that thread out. I would think since aloe vera is so moisturizing and healing it would really help with scab as well.

I tried the visine on a pimple I had the other day and it worked pretty well as far as calming the redness down so you might want to try that too if it's still pretty red. Hopefully some others here will have some ideas for you as well. Good luck and let us know how it turns out tonight! Very Happy
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I just had the SAME thing happen. I found this in a "natural healthcare book"...I tried it and it did work.

1teaspoon Salt
1teaspoon Lemon Juice
1teaspoon ACV

mix it all together (smells terrible) and then apply it to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes...then rinse it off. It is supposed to take the sting out as well as the redness. I noticed that the pain was gone right away...redness not so much but I had really picked at these guys so they were really angry. Hope this helps...
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
i get them on chin. it's inflamed, huge & red and there's nothing i can.

well, since it's too late to get rid of it with acne creams. i wash my hands and from time to time and start squeezing it. yes ladies i do. i can't stand to look at that huge grotesque zit.

eventually, i'm able to pop half of it and then start using my acne medication.

for the scar, i use neostrata hq gel 30g, it has glycolic acid which helps fade the scar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still begging you to let it set with an aspirin paste for 10 minutes, but anyway...

If you think it will not bleed, you could GENTLY exfoliate the scab and apply a dab of moisturizer right before you apply makeup. If you can't exfoliate it, then just moisturize it before makeup.

If you don't normally wear foundation all over your face, I think you'll have to do so tonight. I've never been able to conceal just one spot and have it look natural unless my face has been swept over with an even application of foundation. Once your foundation has been applied, apply the concealer over the pimple, starting with the center and spreading out over the edges. A concealer brush is good, but I'm better with my fingers when I need perfect concealing.

If it's REALLY RED and the foundation doesn't tone it down, you could try one of those concealing sticks by Physician's Formula. I think they sell a green stick for a red pimple because the green cuts the red. Then you'd conceal over that.

Powder at the end is a must.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
if you're bleeding and have a scab you're going to end up with a scar, so whatever you do from now on shouldn't make a difference.

i guess the whole point of staying away from touching the pimple is to let it heal & hopefully not leave a scar.

i've peeled scabs on my pimples before, i find that they heal faster and within 2 days it flattens out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you are on the right track. Colorstay concealer is good for "sticking" to wherever you put it so you don't have to reapply or worry about it rubbing off.

You probably got a pimple right next to this one because popping the cyst can spread the bacteria. If you have antibiotics you can take for a full course (5 days), that would help. Tea tree oil is a very good antiseptic/anti-bacterial that should not irritate the skin.

I also spot treat with Retin-A to open the pore up so the cyst can heal.

Good luck! A big smile will take away any attention to a minor thing like a blemish. Have fun and be yourself. Smile
Mabsy

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Pasting this here to keep it all together. Btw, glad you had a great night Smile

***copying new post/thread***

jamie630

Posted: 20 Nov 2005 03:34 am
thanks guys! awesome night! i listened to the makeup tips (lots of smiling and eyes) and everything, you could barely see it. now i just have to treat the scab.. guess i'll just put mederma on it every so often to prevent scarring. once again, thanks!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |