Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

moisturizer for oily but sensitive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jillums
5% products discount

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
can anyone recommend a good moisturizer for oily but sensitive skin prone to occasional break-outs?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Calendula Cream is a soothing, moisturising cream for delicate and acne prone skin.

I also love Orlane's Extrait Vital Emulsion. It is really light and absorbs well. It kind of smells like baby powder.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr. H normalizing day oil. My skin is oily and slightly sensitive and this gives me zero problems -- the ingredients are completely natural.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just started phytomer hydracontinue instant moisture. I'll let you know how it goes. I can tell you it's been 4 days now and my skin hasn't reacted with the usual redness or pimples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has an oil-free moisturizer that has UV protection, it goes on matte and controls shine throughout the day.

Dermalogica also has a good line of oil-free moisturizers for sensitive skin that doesnt give you break-outs.
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
For sensitive skin that still produces lots of oil, Dermalogica's Active moist. I still use it during the day but add the hydrating booster as my skin gets drier with age. It's the only daily moisturizer I've found that doesn't make me break out or give me milias.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil or Jojoba Oil

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

Dermalogica also has a good line of oil-free moisturizers for sensitive skin that doesnt give you break-outs.

Was going to say that... Laughing

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I second the recommendation for Dermalogica's Active Moist. It gives a nice matte finish, but hydrates and makes your skin feel "normal". It gives me zero issues with my sensitive skin. I love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Lol.. I third the Dermalogica Active Moist... used that one on and off for years and it's always in my cupboard as a reliable staple.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica active moist made me really itchy when i tried it. also gave me zits!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
i would recommend Oil-free moisturizer by Laura mercier. It doesnt contain any oils to cause breakouts and is goood for sensitive skin. Also it leaves a matte finish so your skin wont look oily
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin and I use Miessence Purifying Moisturizer. I love it. But they also have moisturizers for sensitive skin. But in my opinion, any of theirs can be used on sensitive skin.

They have samples, if you wanted to try it out.

www.bluecypressorganics.com
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same skin problems. I've used DDF Moisture Dew for about a year (it does have beeswax-so you might want to look at the ingredients before you buy). My skin has responded very well to Decleor's ylang-ylang oil and angelique oil (yes, it is for dry skin but my winter skin loves it). If you apply a few drops while your skin is wet from a toner (Caudalie's raisin water or a spray with Napca is nice) or just from washing, the oils work as a moisture barrier.
HTH-Laura.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:39 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil or Jojoba Oil

When I was reading through this post I knew I would come upon this from you. Wink In my next mixture I am going to try jojoba instead of hazelnut oil.

Anyway, jillums, I use something similar to what Rosebud uses: the homemade version of Decleor's Ylang-ylang oil. My recipe (fyi):
.5 oz hazelnut oil
.5 oz kukui nut oil
6 drops ylang ylang e.o.
4 drops geranium e.o.
1-2 drops rosemary e.o.
1-2 drops chammomile e.o.

I use more at night than morning and in the morning I let it soak in for 10 minutes before applying makeup.

It moiturizes and soothes plus helps with oiliness. (I love that it doesn't irritate my skin!).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |