Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for Vitamin C eye serum with silicones
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:35 am      Reply with quote
My favorite Vit C is SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex which is in the form of a silicon gel. It's 15% which is way too strong for my eye area considering I also use Rx retinoids.

What I am looking for is something of this nature in 5% for my eye area. I've tried other 5% Vit C serums, but they turn too quickly to be cost effective. If only they would make smaller bottles! I know some might suggest I can use 10% or so on, but I've tried all that and I'll have to stick to something in the 5% range.

Any suggestions?

-Cheri
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Don't if you tried Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ Eye Contour Serum 5 or not. I really like the texture of Vivier C-serum. I don't know if it contains silicon but Vivier serum leaves skin a little sparkly Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Don't if you tried Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ Eye Contour Serum 5 or not. I really like the texture of Vivier C-serum. I don't know if it contains silicon but Vivier serum leaves skin a little sparkly Smile

Sounds good, but does it turn colors quickly? That has been my major problem.

-Cheri
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Vivier turns colour slower than Cellex-C, if you can, get a sample to test it out.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri
What most people don't know is vit c goes rancid after three weeks. Products on shelves that contain it, are risking your skin. I wish I could figure out how to write you privately cuz I now carry the only product that delivers C to the dermis layer and it's fresh mixed by you to use for three weeks nad then mix a new bottle. It goes deep and gives free radicals an extra electron, totally changing your skin back to dewey and even and glowy. It's totally revolutionary and people love it. It's 80% effective in wrinkle studies. Like I said I loved it so much I carry it so I can't tell you the name here. You can always write me to get more scoop if you're interested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
JulieBee wrote:
Quote:
What most people don't know is vit c goes rancid after three weeks.

I'm shocked to read this statement. A 1 oz. Vivier C 20 lasts me nearly three months. It appears to deliver results beyond just three weeks.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...... I checked out the website mentioned. A little pricey, no?

If this is true regarding rancidity, why not just mix your own up with the crystals they sell at the personalformulations.com or skinactives.com. It'll cost you less than $20 and you get about 2 oz.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I checked it out too....sticker shock! I'm with you ajax.

I'd whip one up myself, but I'm really lazy and just want to buy my products.

-Cheri
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies,

It takes all of about 30 seconds to mix your own Vitamin C serum! The distilled water costs $ .99 for a jug ... the L-ascorbic acid costs about $2.00 for 25 grams ... enough to make a whole bunch of serums, but at least 6 serums at a 10% strength ... so for about 35 cents Canadian [max] plus 30 seconds of your time ... you'd have a 2 week supply of Vitamin C serum. It gets marginally more expensive if you use PG or glycerine ... so ... maybe it costs 37 cents Canadian ... but with the PG or glycerine your serum will last longer than the 2 weeks it lasts with just water.

How much simpler could it get?

Oh ... I forgot about the amber glass bottle. I purchase them from my local pharmacy for about $1 each ... and I sterilize them for a whole 10 minutes prior to making a new batch of serum up.

It's dead easy ... honest! Laughing

However, I disagree with the statement that "Vitamin C goes rancid after 3 weeks". That's simply not true.

From what I've read during my research into the subject, Vitamin C degrades with exposure to air and light. It goes from being active to being inactive. If the Vitamin C is inactive it's useless ... but it isn't rancid. In fact, I'm not sure that Vitamin C is capable of actually going rancid. The adverb "rancid" is used to describe fats and oils that have gone bad ... not Vitamin C.

If the Vitamin C in a product has degraded and become useless it doesn't, in turn, become harmful ... it just isn't doing anything.

Just my two cents.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Could I mix a dollup of something with my SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex to make it usable for my eye area or is that a bad idea? The SM is 15%, but I need it to be 5-7%. I did some searching but couldn't come up with a suitable answer.

-Cheri
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Did any try La Roche Posay Vit. C eye serum? I don't know if it's good or not...any feedback? thanks Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
One of the home shopping TV brands, Prai ( from USA) has a nice Vitamin C Eye Gelee that is in a silicon base and works quite nicely. I think that was the original query? For a silicon based one...
I have purchased this one a couple of times now and really liked it. Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |