Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: IS CLINICAL SUPER SERUM, ACTIVE AND HYDRO COOL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Mini bio-
48 year old female (for a couple of years now-the 48 year old part) Irish, somewhat dry most of the time but slightly oily around my period (and "use to be" the period time). I have been using cleansers etc for 25+ years. I started with drugstore products and moved pretty quickly to dept stores goodies. The reason I mention length of time etc. is because I believe as we age our skin changes consequently our requirements change. Anyhow onto the review....
I was ready for a moderately to major change. I had been using --A.M. Cellcosmet crème cleanser followed by skinceuticals C + E, B5gel, Kinerase C 6 and then Cellcosmet Ultra Vital. P.M--. Cellcosmet Crème cleanser, Intensive line defense, B 5 gel, G.M. Collin Q10 and then cellcosmet ultra vital moisturizer. (Then the masks, exfoliates etc.) Initially, I was in love with it all. I looked healthy, skin was radiant and people would make flattering comments. (I was on this regime for a good couple of years.) I noticed more breakthrough dry periods, menopause has moved into my body and the compliments were not nearly as frequent (not a humongous deal or requirement just a nice plus to hear.) I logged on to the board EDS and read what was happening and to whom. (the age thing...sorry.) Jason Becket peeked my interests as well as IS Clinical. (I had done Dr. H, Valmont, Dermalogica and too many others to mention.) I rec'd the very generous gift of Derma Excel from Jason Becket, I wanted to love it but I didn’t have any benefit-nothing. (I found out afterwards I needed the other family products for it to really be effective.) My choice was investing in Jason Becket or IS Clinical. The investment was comparable so it came down to reviews. I first purchased Super serum with the hydro cool and 36 hours later added the active serum. The active has a very mentholated feeling, cool on contact. I don’t like menthol products but this didn’t bother me at all. The super serum in comparison is oily, which was a benefit. The hydra cool didn’t leave me with a sensation one way or another, but it was sort of sticky after application. I can always tell whether my skin will respond positively to new product first thing in the morning when I wake up- if my skin feels tight, chances are it won’t be part of my regime. My skin felt slightly soft and no pulling or tightness. (My skin was in pretty good shape no broken, dry or sensitive areas) and I have minimal lines, really just two small laugh lines and one over my left eyebrow.) What I wanted was the look that was being described on the forum-"radiant" "not thin but firm skin" "so clear I don't need a foundation". And I got it! Since using IS CLINICAL my makeup is minimal, I use blush, eyeliner and sometimes an eye shadow-that's it. I have been asked out twice (once in the dairy isle at our local grocery store and the other while getting my nails done-I’m married.) I have had a woman who is 34 and sells "Aveda" tell me "you have amazing skin and I don't believe you are 50”-she made me show her my license. There are no drawbacks for me to mention ONLY precautions.1. Watch for how much you use (active and super serum), more isn't better. Active will be very sticky and take forever to dry (if you use too much) and Super will feel too oily. Hydro cool doesn’t seem to have the same effects- 2 pumps is what I use AND they are light pumps. In terms of usage/length of time in between purchases, I am on my first purchase. The Super serum & Active is ¼ finished (or ¾ left) and I have been using it for 5 weeks. The hydro cool is 2 x’s daily so I am approx. half way thru the bottle. I have tried the moisturizing complex and I really liked it. It didn't feel as emollient as the Cellcosmet Ultra but in a pinch I would substitute without worry BUT don‘t think I will switch.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

HYDRA-COOL® SERUM is formulated to rejuvenate, hydrate, and soothe the skin. This refreshing, powerful, penetrating serum combines superior antioxidants with essential botanicals and bio-nutrients. HYDRA-COOL SERUM is designed for all skin types and for all ages, and is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.

katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Yayyyyyyy! Another recruit!!!

(laughing....)
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
you got it....you were one of the inspirations....thank you and now off to make apple pie and other really good stuff.happy thanksgiving-my favorite day of the year.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Haha...I can't wait to start sampling IS Clinical's ProHeal and Hydra Cool (I am trying to finish my VIvier first) Drool

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been tempted to order this line for sometime now...
only to chicken out at the last minute

but this is definitely on the top of my shopping list...
oh how my wallet wish i've never came upon this forum Crying or Very sad
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's on my next shopping list.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I may not try this one yet - seems a little bit too ahead of me but glad knowing this serum works for you!
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your good review, I'm trying to read all of it.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Having completed the profile for IS Clinical it was recommended that I use the Clinical Pro-Heal Serum and the Hydra Cool.

I just purchased from EDS the Vivier Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum which has not arrived just yet, but my question is this.
Can I use the Vivier and the Hydra Cool together.
Of course I would not use the Pro-Heal because of the Vitmain C content but would the Vivier be a good substitute IS's pro heal?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Purchased Hydro Cool from the EDS store in vancouver - it seems to be very hydrating. Will take a few weeks to notice any difference having switched from the SkinCeutical B5 gel.
tigger
5% products discount

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased the hydra cool off ebay and I was wondering...

Is it supposed to be a watery consistency? Like more watery than skinceuticals B-5 gel?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Mine is a watery gel, but dries pretty fast. A little goes a long way though.
I haven't tried the B-5 gel. It is more watery than the Cellex to me but it's been a while since I used it.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for getting back to me Smile

The cellex-c and skinceuticals have identical ingredient profiles, so I'll bet they're the same consistency.

I find that the IS hydra cool dries pretty fast and a little goes a long way (which is good), but I'm not sure about the 'cooling' effect it's supposed to have. I don't notice anything in that area.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I definitely notice the tingle, that's my fave part!

5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Super Serum Advance + for two weeks now and WOW!

The active/hydracool at night and the SS in the day has given me some astonishing results. My skin has always suffered from large t-zone pores, uneven pigmentation 'spots' and sensitivity.

With these products, my skin is very, very different. It's bright, clear, even and firm. I used to avoid mirrors because all I could see were pores and imbalance, but now I don't mind looking in the mirror Cool

These products are expensive, but I think they're worth it...

That being said, I purchase them in the professional size on ebay. You get 2 ounces for $150, which isn't that bad at $75 per ounce, especially if it works.
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like the cooling effective very much especially after laser treatment. It eases the burning feeling.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank for this detailed review! I am thinking to buy is clinical products too. And all these three serums are on my list.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
It's really amazing that only 1/4 bottle it could last so long. That would make the price a little acceptable.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Active serum was really good, however I couldnt use it around my month because it would peel like crazy and I would look like I had dribble rash. Other than that very affective, didnt like the cooling serum didnt appear to do much for my would prefer an H/A serum. Super serum was ok but I found skinceuticals a bit more effective.
I am about to try the poly oxidant so hopefully that will work out as nicely as the active serum.
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Do you have tried spf 25 Sunscreen in tinted version?. I have fair skin but I have not found the shade for this item.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Sad ..... crying...
Why i can't re-order Is clinical again in EDS, EDS are not going to sell is clinical online???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
Sad ..... crying...
Why i can't re-order Is clinical again in EDS, EDS are not going to sell is clinical online???

If you live in the U.S., phone them to place an order.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
carforum wrote:
Sad ..... crying...

If you live in the U.S., phone them to place an order.

Sad, I am not in US now!!! Don't know where I can buy this product

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
ohh,,,u do use a lot in the morning and at night!~
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:21 am      Reply with quote
my doctor suggest me to use IS before, but I have not use due to too expensive.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |