Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Obagi Vit. C 10% - OH MY LORD!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:57 am      Reply with quote
OK, so we have this monthly magazine in Japan that is TOTALLY (as in 100%) devoted to skin care and make-up (called Voce) and it weighs about a pound and is up to 1" thick... anyway, there are always samples in it...

.. so a year back there was a 1ml sample of (I am writing everything down here)

++++++++++++
Obagi Japan Line
C10
High potency vitamin C serum topical solution
Then in big letters "Brigtening Essence"
++++++++++++

I have been using up a lot of product here and for some reason tonight figured, oh well, lets try it. So I cleansed and then put on my JB mineral preppy stuff and thought I would put this under my ADCE.

I squeeze it out.. rubbed my palms together and started to put on my face. "Ewww" screeched me at hubby, "this stuff is all oily .. yuk... I have way too much.. ewww" I washed excess off my hands and then did my best to massage in what was already on my face. At the time we were putting away groceries so I figured I would come back and try to "clean up" my face when we were done.

So about 30 min later I remember the oil slick and I put my hand to my face... every trace of the serum/oil whatever was gone and my face was softer than .. well... it was damned soft!

I just purchased cellex-c from Sephora for my first ever vit. c experience, but now I am a bit sad I did as I want the Obagi. LOL

Is this sold overseas? I could not find their C stuff on EDS, but on another site I found a producted called "Obagi Cffectives High Potency Serum 10" - anyone tried it? I am wondering what might be different with the "Japan line" version.

Japan does sell a pre-treatment mist of Obagi to use before the vit. c serums.

I am dying to hear from anyone who has used this long term or whether the Cffectives serum is kind of similar in texture.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Obagi C and Vivier are the same thing just marked under different names.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim,

Why don't you just pick it up at Matsumoto Kiyoshi? It is about 8000 yen. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would, I would... but I just spent $260 at the Sephora sale including Cellex-c serum and B5 gel stuff. Embarassed
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh... I see. Smile Your positive experience with it is motivating me to try the Obagi 20. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Faith, you are BAD for putting ideas into my head... I have about 12,000 yen worth of Quo cards (like pre-paid cards) that were a gift and they can be used at Matsumoto Kiyoshi. Hmmm.. now I am wondering if they really DO sell Obagi and whether I could get the pre-mist and C10 from there .....

I mean, my Cellex-C was only a "starter kit" so only 15ml bottle as opposed to the full-size 30ml. How long can 15ml last, huh?! Bad Grin
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Faith, you are BAD for putting ideas into my head... I have about 12,000 yen worth of Quo cards (like pre-paid cards) that were a gift and they can be used at Matsumoto Kiyoshi. Hmmm.. now I am wondering if they really DO sell Obagi and whether I could get the pre-mist and C10 from there .....

I mean, my Cellex-C was only a "starter kit" so only 15ml bottle as opposed to the full-size 30ml. How long can 15ml last, huh?! Bad Grin

Laughing I know for sure they DO sell it. I was just looking at it the other day. Not sure about the pre-mist, but have seen the C10. Laughing Sorry... Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG... I just realized.. you live in TOKYO!! Hip hip hooray! Dancing

I thought I was the only one here from the big mikan!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yup! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
How long can 15ml last, huh?! Bad Grin

Well, I can't speak for others but my Vivier 10 serum (15ml) has lasted about 6 months so far. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow Toe! 1oz usually only last me about 2 1/2 months...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I only use it at night as it doesn't sit well under my make-up. Also, I don't use it on my neck. Bad I know, but my poor neck is always getting neglected. I really must try harder. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I am living in Tokyo and am going to be starting the Nu Derm in January and want to use the 10% C serum. I have seen in the drugstores here that Obagi Japan also has a pre-serum spray to prep the skin. Does anyone have any information/experience about using this product? If so, do you know if it would be necessary/advisable to use with Nu Derm? Thank in advance!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sian, welcome to EDS.

You are just starting Nu Derm? I have not used this system before, but from what I have read about others experiences, the first month or two can be a bit rough (as the system starts to do its work).

I would wait until your skin has settled into the Nu Derm routine before adding anything else.

I have been using several of the Obagi Japan lines for a few months - Triple Peel, Platinum Lotion, 10% Vit. C and their Vit. A eye cream....I have to say that Vit. C has not lived up to the expectations I had after the sample I used several years ago. I think the Cellex-C was much better. Just my opinion though.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim! Thanks for replying-it is so nice to have another Tokyoite here:) Yes-I am going to start the Nu Derm mid January for the first time. Prior to starting it, I decided to have 2 PDT treatments in Ginza for ¥52500 for acne clearance and collagen boosting (I had one treatment last Friday and have to go back Jan 4 for the second treatment). The doc at the clinic said to wait a week or so after the redness has died down, then start the Nu Derm. What amazed me was the prices they are charging for Nu Derm here-whoa! It varies between about ¥52000-¥125000 for the same kit I got here on EDS for about ¥30000. Anyway, I digress...
I think maybe I will wait to start the Vit C serum and will skip the pre-serum spray. Where did you buy your products-I have a Tomods here in Shirokane and was thinking of going there-but maybe Don Quixote is cheaper? Nice to talk to you-enjoy the sunny day! Sian:)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought mine at Loft (I am a Seibu Club On member so wanted the points). I have also purchased at PLAZA (used to be SONY PLAZA).

It is very hard to find discounts on this range. Even at places like Matsumoto Kiyoshi and websites like Rakuten.co.jp there are no discounts.

Don Quixote might sell it cheaper.. but just check the boxes. One reason Don Quixote is so cheap is that they buy stock from places that close down so it might be a bit old.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I ever tried Obagi Japan line once, when I went to japan. It smell good, I think it's fragrance in it. It absorb quickly but anyway, I prefer cellular skin rx to Obagi. The price is cheaper and %concentrate is the same.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 am      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
You've got me convinced enough to put obagi on my list of skincare products to try ^^

really but you mentioned obagi cleanser cleans you out really well in another thread Rolling Eyes Neutral

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |