Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review LUCIA EYE BROW ESSENCE WITH ARDELL CONDITIONER
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
My eyelashes are dark but not really long or thick. Certainly not a focal point of my face. My brows really need some help, thin at the end and one shorter than the other. I was really excited with the reviews using these two products together.
Generally, I review after I have used a product for at least a month. With this particular review, I used an entire tube of each which is longer than a month. I used the LUCIA day and night and the ARDELL during the day only. The ARDELL is easy to apply it comes as mascara does. The LUCIA is more challenging; it comes in a plastic vile, approximately 2" long. Application is best (IMO) with a flat straight eye shadow brush, putting a drop on the brush and then applying the LUCIA on the desired area. In my case, I applied it on my brows and upper and lower lashes. I believe my growth was due to the LUCIA and the ARDELL conditioned the lashes. My brows didn't experience any change, maybe a hair or two-not enough for me to even notice. My upper and lower lashes experienced amazing growth, upper lashes much longer and somewhat thicker. The lower lashes actually stand out on their own, I don't wear mascara but when I wake in the morning and look at my eyes, my lower lashes stand out, they have length and I don't have to strain to see it. Cost is moderate; you can get a tube of LUCIA from an ebayer for approximately USD 30.00 delivered. You can make the LUCIA last a good couple of months. The ARDELL tube is grouse at the end; the product looks muddy (not dark in color) almost dirty. I don’t use anything on my lashes other than the two products discussed. ARDELL is inexpensive, under $5.00. CAUTION: If you get either in your eye it stings and if you sweat and rub your eye (hours later) or just rub your eyes, my eyes watered and blurred for hours. Again, more isn’t better and let product dry thoroughly. It is my understanding our lashes have a growth period so unless this product is used regularly, your lashes will go back to “what was” if you stop using. In my case I will continue to use the product for as long as I can.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, have you ever try castor oil? Some people have good results from it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using castor oil on my lashes and brows while awaiting my order of ardell. It has actually strengthened my lashes.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Where can you get castor oil? Is it from any pharmacy? Does it help lengthen and thicken lashes, or just condition it?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
umtanhsl wrote:
Hi. Where can you get castor oil? Is it from any pharmacy? Does it help lengthen and thicken lashes, or just condition it?
While you *can* get Castor Oil at the pharmacy – it’ll be in the aisle where they keep laxatives – this is not the best type to use on hair or skin because this type of castor oil is processed via heating in order to extract the oil from the castor beans. It is widely believed that this heating process actually *kills* all of the benefits that could be derived from the oil.

Instead, you should chose a Castor Oil that specifically states that it has been processed via “cold pressing,” as this method ensures that all of the benefits remain in the resulting oil. You can find cold-pressed castor oil at health food stores.

It is widely believed that Castor Oil not only conditions the lashes, but actually stimulates their growth as well. In fact, one of the primary ingredients in “Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Serum” *is* castor oil! Personally, I use a combination of Lucia and Ardell on my lashes in the morning and at night I use Lucia and pure (cold-pressed) castor oil.

HTH,
Carrie

P.S. BTW, the thing about “cold pressing” is true about nearly every oil that can be used in skin or beauty care. Whenever possible, you want to use oil that has been collected via the cold pressing method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
My castor oil is the cold-pressed kind and I got it at Sun Harvest because I could not find it anywhere else. Sounds like I lucked out and bought the right kind by accident, so I am glad to hear carekate validate that. I had no idea there was a difference. My Ardell I ordered a while back from drugstore.com is on back order. High demand I assume?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
and this might solve the mystery of my swollen eyes when using OCM as a makeupremover - my CO is from the pharmacy (it was the only place I could find it, the healthfood stores didn't know what I was talking about). Idea That might also partly explain why some people find their faces itch after they've used OCM. Shock

So cold pressed CO is the way to go - off hunting again!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I had no idea there was a difference.
Don't feel bad, I didn't know either! You wouldn't believe the numerous benefits of castor oil therapy, from chronic pain to ulcer relief. Google it sometime and you'll see what I mean. My mom has chronic lower back pain and if she applies a compress of cold pressed CO, the pain is completely gone!!! Shock

AnnieR wrote:
My Ardell I ordered a while back from drugstore.com is on back order. High demand I assume?
No doubt! I found 5 tubes on the shelf at the Ulta store at Lakeline last week and snagged all of them because it’s getting harder and harder to find it at local CVS or Ulta stores due to the number of lurkers on the board (see – I wasn’t just being paranoid!!). My advice is that if you see any Ardell on the shelf, buy as many tubes of it as you can because it’s a good idea – just like regular mascara – to throw away any tubes after a couple of months and replace it with a fresh tube.

Ruth -

I don’t know if the stores over there are set up the same way as they are here, but I think you’ll be more likely to find cold-pressed CO at your health food store if you search in the beauty/skincare aisle where they stock shampoo and personal hygiene products like “natural” laxatives, toothpaste and/or deodorant and/or “carrier oils” for personal massage therapy. So if the sales assistants still look confused and can’t help you find, that aisle would be the first place I’d look.

Basically, if you purchase your oils at a health food store, you’re practically *guaranteed* that the oil will be harvested via cold pressing!

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate, it sounds like I am competing in Austin for the same products as you, I'm just so much slower. (I need to get out more). I am still trying to get to Walgreens for that Pave shine serum so I can throw away the evil biosilk silk therapy I'ved used for years. Who knew on that one, but now that I noticed, my hair isn't getting any better using that stuff. (Off subject-sorry.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Carekate, it sounds like I am competing in Austin for the same products as you, I'm just so much slower. (I need to get out more). I am still trying to get to Walgreens for that Pave shine serum so I can throw away the evil biosilk silk therapy I'ved used for years. Who knew on that one, but now that I noticed, my hair isn't getting any better using that stuff. (Off subject-sorry.)
Did you see my post regarding the Paves shine serum in my Prod Review for it? It's either becoming endangered or else it's already extinct!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Yep- That's why I am on a mission to get to Walgreens soon! And I got an e-mail this morning that my ardell finally got in and shipped. Yeah!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yep- That's why I am on a mission to get to Walgreens soon!
FYI: don’t bother going to the 24-hour Walgreens at 183 & Duval because I already cleaned them out! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I'm in luck if I stick to South Austin and San Marcos and avoid north Austin!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Maybe I'm in luck if I stick to South Austin and San Marcos and avoid north Austin!! Laughing
Oooh, just saw you updated your location on your profile to specify “Hill Country.” Whereabouts
exactly? I actually live in the hill country too, on the north shore of Lake Travis in the “Sandy Creek” arm, directly across from Lakeway.

Yeah, you should be alright sticking to stores south of the river and points further down (I wonder how the pickings are in SM, NB and SA...?) because I only venture out in that direction to shop maybe once or twice per year so we won’t be competing for the stores on that side of town! I want to go check out the new stores at the outlet mall in SM, but ain’t no way you’ll catch me near any type of shopping center/mall in the weeks immediately preceding Xmas so I guess I’ll have to wait until after the new year....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I know right where you are. We used to live on Lake Travis between Jonestown and Cedar Park off the Lime Kiln Rd. area and Trails End Road. I am now actually halfway between Wimberley and Kyle, 10 minutes from Driftwood and the Salt Lick. Since my son goes to college at Texas State in San Marcos, we run the roads between there and Austin.(Needful things those college kids). But my husband is a real estate inspector and he works allover the Austin/RR/Georgetown area and down in San Marcos as well. I work at home for him running his business so it works out great. We are so lucky to live in such a lovely area as Austin and the surrounding!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Well, well, what a small world it is! I got my masters from Southwest Texas State (now Texas State...boo!). I lived in good old San Marcos for 2.5 years and made that trip to Austin about a bazillion times. I love it down there. I lived in San Antonio for a year as well and would have stayed there if it was a bit closer to Dallas, where I'm from.

Carrie - LOVE LOVE LOVE Lake Travis! We usually make 3-4 trips down there each year. We have some friends that live down there although I'm not too sure of the area. I'd love to live there but I really like having it as a place to getaway.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
San Marcos is a such a pretty little town, great place for a college and close enough to everything.
Dallas isn't that far away though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using the Lucia essence...how long do I wait between using the Lucia essence and applying the Ardell???

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I just started using the Lucia essence...how long do I wait between using the Lucia essence and applying the Ardell???
Just a couple minutes, until your lashes/lash line no longer appears wet or moist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I've only started using the Ardell for 2 weeks and I haven't noticed anything on the 'amazing' side, but I do notice my lashes look better with my mascara than before.

Now, I don't know if that is due to the fact I'M more aware of my lashes now or due to the conditioning treatments. They don't look any thicker, but I have only been using the Ardell at night.

Do people put regular mascara over the Ardell?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Do people put regular mascara over the Ardell?
You can, yes. THink of it like applying your moisturizer to your face before you put on your regular makeup, or using a leave-in conditioner on your hair before heat-styling it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you CareKate,

Oh, and your package arrived today! I can't wait until work is over! Very Happy Thank you for the samples too!! I wasn't expecting them and now I'm itching to get some time to myself! Smile have a great weekend!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been on the forum for a while, but months back when Lucia was mentioned I did relent and purchase. I'm so pleased that I did Very Happy

I've only been using it religiously for a month or so, using it twice daily, along with Ardell. It's made a noticeable difference to my lashes. I wasn't really holding out much hope that it would live up to it's claims but I have been pleasently surprised. Even though I already had very dark lashes that were a fair length to start with, it's still made a difference, to me anyway Smile The other day I used the 1000 hours lash dye and it was amazing how even though I have dark lashes already, with the combination of these three products how different my lashes look. I can get away with just curling them now and not having to wear mascara in the day.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I found ardel at cvs (still at regular price) and started using it at night.

maybe it is wishful thinking, but my lushes seem to be longer.

thank you guys
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I know! I've only been using the Ardell and the 1000 hours and I can't wear my oaklies anymore!! I can't believe the Ardell made that much of a difference! Esp. for an inexpensive product.

Of course, its a double edge sword. On the one hand-yeah!! I have long lashes (never had dramatic lashes before!), but on the other hand....I paid an obsence amount of money for a good pair of sunglasses for the desert here and now my lashes hit the inside of the sunglasses when I blink! Cool

I can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed! Laughing Bahahaha! I've never given my lashes much thought. I've always been more concerned with my skin, but now that it has not only cleared up but improved I am finding time for new obsessions. Shock

I'm lovin' my lashes, but now I am eyeing my eyebrows. They need help, but I'm on the fence about Anastasia kits. Hahahahaha!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |