Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamins/ Supplements?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello, please share what are good vitamin brands for:
Grape Seed Extract (opcs)
Alpha Lipoic Acid

Thanks a lot!
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what specific brand is superior, there are so many!!! But there is a certain amount of OPC's you should be looking for in a product(maybe someone else knows what that is). I have also read that R-alpha lipoic acid is what your body can use, not just ala. Apparently there are different kinds and the synthetic kind in the cheaper brands is useless. Basically I was no help at all, was I??????? Embarassed Sorry! Maybe Sharky can add her two cents. She is pretty knowledgaable about this stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I personally use multivitamines:Swiss Natural Sources. They also have Grape Seed Extract (opcs)and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Also, see this site:
http://www.nvperriconemd.com
I hope it will help you Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just buy mine from Holland & Barrett and normally purchase the shops own brand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use nature's way and have never had a problem with that brand. They have a very large selection so you can usually find what you're looking for.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there are many brands to chose from the blod sugar studies use mixed isomers of alpha-lipoic acid but more recent studies on anti-aging have indicated the the R-alpha-lipoic acid isomer may be a potent anti-aging substance. The prices vary dramatically from place to place on the WEB. I buy from Vitacost and they currently have a very good price on the NSI R-alpha lipoic acid. The dose used in these studies was 600mg but I do not know whether safety has been assessed at that dose.

I think a good grape seed formula that contains a good amount of Resveratrol (my fav supplement) is
NSI Resveratrol/Green Tea/C/Grape complex (also available at Vitacost).
I've also ordered from iherb both companies gave me good service.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Dr perricones vits. They have made a huge difference in my skin.. I don't break out!!!! omg it's amazing. I don't have to peels my skin like i used to keep the acne under control. I"ve had the skin clear and now i'm on skin and total body... $120 for the month it can get a little pricey. But it's worth every penny. sometimes I take 2per day and then 1 the next so it lasts me a little longer. YOu are to take 2 packs per day. 8 pills in one pack.. if you go to the perricone website. you can see all thats in the pills from ALA to apples to DMAE to seaweed. Not only is my skin better.. but I feel better I have more energy! it's great... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
While I believe much of Perricone's work the products are expensive for what they are. The
alpha lipoic acid for example is $30 for 60 pills and they are likely NOT the R form or they would say because it is more expensive. Vitacost has certified R-alpha lipoic acid 60 pills 2X the strength for $9.99.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that when it comes to using vitamin and mineral supplements made by companies such as Perricone that you can find the same ingredients in another brand for a lot less money. I am not familiar with Perricone's vitamins but his formula may contain certain vitamins and minerals, like zinc for instance, that you can find elsewhere. You just have to spend time comparing back labels. Also, don't forget to compare mg's and g's between each specific vitamin or mineral in each brand's bottle.

Generally, the brands that I can think of at the top of my head that I recommend and trust are: Country Life and Twinlab. My family's naturepath/med doctor when I was growing up used these brands and trusted them. Plus my parents have had other naturepaths and docs that have recommended these brands as well.

I also have heard (I think!) that Solar Ray is a good brand.

It's interesting, you actually do have to be careful of what vitamin brands to use. The quality can vary among them.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |