Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
::Review:: Ylang-ylang Baume Nuit is...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
...amazing!!!

I couldn't resist the temptation when I saw a new Decleor salon open near my place - I went in to just chat with the owner and ended up leaving the salon with a jar of the aforementioned balm - thanks in part (LARGE part, mind - to you guys! Razz )

I'd been using Dermalogica exclusively for about 6 years now because it's the only line that won't irritate my skin (I have skin that would break out in painful -not just itchy- rashes with the wrong products. My skin, usually the chin and nose area, would be leathery, red, and raised - scary, don't you think? The last time it happened I was using Clarins' Morning Cream, and before that the culprit was SK2's moisturiser (both times I used SK2 Essence to calm the irritation and treat my skin back to normal).

Well anyways I used this balm two nights ago over Dermalogica Multiactive Toner and homemade Vit C serum, and the next morning my skin showed signs that it was going to erupt into those darn rashes! Hell, I thought. I was SO wanting to love this stuff (especially after having spent so much on it). I rang up the salon owner right away and told her about the rash and she said to try it again on its own on dry clean skin. So last night I did, and amazingly the rashes disappeared, and my skin just glowed!

I gave a little to my sister and she also loved it, especially since it killed off any zit that was trying to surface. This morning she woke up with super smooth skin, as did I.

Definitely a keeper!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aroma Night Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm (30 ml / 1 oz)
Decleor Aroma Night Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm (30 ml / 1 oz)

This 100% natural, preservative-free balm takes advantage of the changes in the skin’s nightime biological rhythms to deliver an aromatic night-care treatment for combination/oily skin. The lush, melt-in texture, when smoothed onto the face, dissolves perfectly into the skin.

Replaced by {{14803}}.

Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, that is really amazing Exclamation I should try this!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Not the balm, but, going back to the Ylang-Ylang oil after straying for 3 months... already my skin looks loads better. Such great stuff Smile

Glad you love the balm!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps I should mention that my sister calls it 'pimple medicine'. It truly does flatten out acne, it's like it's scaring the pimples away so that new ones that are about to surface sink back into the skin and never reappear.

Great stuff.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:26 am      Reply with quote
that does it - I NEED this product as well. Have been thinking that the ylang ylang would be a great complimentary balm to the essential. My chin is constantly congested...but I'm wondering if I should get some of the ylang ylang oil or the balm? - don't want to splash out on both.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Ruth, my chin used to be VERY congested as well (especially before OCM). If I bit my lower lip you could see tiny sharp white milia-like bumps sticking out, and the skin was rough. Then with OCM my chin got softer and smoother. With the ylangylang balm the bumps almost completely disappeared! Very Happy

But really, the one who should be raving here is my sister, she can't stop telling me how her breakouts have become virtually non-existent with my y-y balm (I should get her to buy her own jar! Mad )

I have just recently introduced Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer into my routine, I hope that'll act like a booster for the balm. To answer your question though, I can't comment on the oil because I haven't tried it.

rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
argh more Decleor that sounds good!!!!!
Tearing my hair out Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
thanx pumpingmummy - I'm getting the balm, it's final!
Our chins sound like twins Wink although I don't think my skin is rough but I so recognize the milia type bumps. I've had them forever and every now and then I just can't stop myself from squeezing them before bed and that results in a "milia-free"-day, but with pinkish skin instead. Aaaagh

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I just have to add my 2 cents here... last night I went to Sephora and got some of the Decleor Rose D'Orient Baume because my skin was freaking out. The SA assured me this would calm everything down and it totally did. I had a red, burning, itching rash with pimples and tonight it looks 90% better. She said that I could just use this when my skin acts up and use the Essential Baume on other days, but this is so nice I don't think I'll be able to stay away from it. It did what nothing else was doing including hydrocortisone. Definitly a keeper!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |