Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vitamin C for Oily/Combination skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using Skinceutical C+E serum, would like to switch and try other brands.

Been reading alot of good reviews on Viver and JB vit C. But are they suitable for oily to combimation skin? My skin is very prone to acne breakout,and i wonder if what % of vit C will be suitable. Embarassed
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello skinlover,
Do you feel Skinceutical C+E is too dry for you? If you do then maybe you would like Vivier because it is more moist than JB C&C. I have to say that I love JB C&C's texture the most. It is a gel-like texture that is perfect for combo skin, but with that being said, I think Vivier10% provided stronger results. Vivier might feel oily but it soaks in completely after a couple of minutes.
I hope this helps Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I have oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal breakouts. I have had no problems with Vivier 10 serum. As Wild Cat pointed out, it sinks in quite quickly and doesn't leave any greasy residue.
I can't compare it to any of the other vit C serums on the market though as I have only tried the Vivier.
It's best to start out with 10% vitamin C and then once your skin has got used to this you can try a higher percentage. I have managed to use the 10% Vivier without any reaction and so I feel confident that my skin will be able to tolerate a 20% serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I find that SkinC C+E is not oily the texture is quite matt, thou some find that this is slightly oilier as compared to Vit 10 and 20. I have used SkinC vit 20 before and the result, IMO is just average. Looking for something that will give my skin more radiance. which is better JB C&C or Viver 10 ? Embarassed
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I got better results with Vivier 10% than JB C&C. If you already used Skinceutical 20% then maybe you can try Vivier 20%.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I've got combo skin and use the Cellular Skin Rx C serum. It feels really slippery but it soaks in within a minute and does not leave any sticky residue behind. It's a 12% concentration so slightly more C than your C+E.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Kate recommended IS Clinical Super Serum instead of Viver to treat my acne problems. has anyone here use IS Clinical before? Can i use the super serum under my own moisturiser or do i have to use IS Clinical's instead?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am actually about to finish my Vivier 10% and will be moving on to IS Clinical's 15% C serum. I also got some samples of ProHeal and I want to save those for later on to try. From what I have read, ProHeal is suppose to be good for acne skin too. ProHeal is suppose to be very similar to their Super Serum but a little less strong. ProHeal also contains Retinol that is good for acne prone skin.

Maybe you should do a skin dignositic test at IS Clinical's website. I think they give recommendation to which would be more suitable for your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi i have ordered the IS Clinical Pro-heal and active serum from essentialdayspa last week. Can't wait to get my package. hopefully it will be here this few days to cure those horrible acnes of mine. Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Let us know how it IS Clinical work out for you Surprised

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |