Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Phytomer Gommage Marine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Summertimegirl's great Phytomer review I decided to have a look in my sample collection to see what Phytomer stuff I can try Very Happy One of the products I found is the Gommage Marin - Purifying Gommage Exfoliant.

I can't believe this little gem has been lying around in my bathroom drawer, untested and unappreciated Smile This is a *FAB* product! Surprised

It's similar to the Decleor Phytopeel in that you put it on your face and let it dry a bit and then 'roll' the product off with your fingertips. Both products contain ingredients that adhere to the skin, therefore when you massage the product off the dead skin comes with it. The Decleor Phytopeel was nice but this is WAY better and also much easier to remove. This actually has tiny granules like a scrub (which is probably why it's easier to take off than the Phytopeel which is just a pearly looking cream formulation). Anyways, thanks to the granules, when you are massaging it off you can make it as gentle or as exfoliating as you want. Also you can play around with how much exfoliation you want by allowing it to dry less/more before you take it off. I found that this made my face smoother than the Phytopeel, I think without the little grains the Phytopeel was too gentle for me.

I wouldn't use this as my main exfoliator mainly because it's a bit tedious to use and can make a bit of a mess (do it over the sink; as you roll the stuff off your face it has to fall somewhere!). But this is a lovely treatment to do every so often and I shall be calling my mum tonight and adding it to the list (she's lucky enough to be in Paris at the moment before she makes her way back to the USA/Singapore).

Has anybody else tried it? What were your thoughts? This comes very close (if not equal) to the PTR Buffing Beads for me *gasp* Shocking, I know, I know! :P

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Phytomer Purifying Gommage Exfoliant (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
Phytomer Purifying Gommage Exfoliant (50 ml / 1.6 floz)

This natural marine extract exfoliant contains particles that help eliminate dead skin cells and gently remove them along with other impurities. Deeply cleans and leaves skin smooth. Its result: glowing skin, impurities eliminated, softness restored.

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I think I am increasingly becoming addictive to the Phytomer line Mabsy! Glad I held off before I placed my order because this great review on the Purifying Gommage Exfoliant has made me very keen to try it! Thanx !!Very Happy

The Phytomer Vegetal Exfoliant was going to be on my list of GETS-from-EDS but now that I know this one contains the double action of having stimulating granules AND peels off <SurprisedW>> I can't wait to try it! Can imagine lifting that shroud off to reveal fresh, clean, awake skin! I'm glad the sample led you to a good Phytomer experience, I really want to hear other people's thoughts as well if they have tried anything from the Phytomer range. I'm thinking of investing in a few of their Aspara collection as it's getting into summer now. More beautiful marine stuff for my skin's fitness !!! YUM Very HappyWink

Mabsy

Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
If you end up getting it let us know what you think. I've put mum on a mission to find it while she's o/s. She said she'll do her best so fingers crossed Smile

With the Vegetal Exfoliant are you supposed to wait for it to dry and massage this off your skin like the Gommage Marin? Or is it different?

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy, always love your posts-- you have such a knowledge of skin only because you know yours so well and always give great advice! WinkWink
I very much want to get the Phytomer Purifying Gommage Exfoliant but as you said it probably should be used infrequently as more of a treat than a usual exfoliator. I only got two uses out of the sample Phytomer Vegetal Exfoliant but it was excellent too. It's a cream exfoliant so no granules, and smells great. You apply it on the face and neck and massage it a little so the heat activates the enzymes in the product...I use it like a mask, leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off with a fluffy face cloth. It does really slough off the old skin cells as it brightens up your skin! Hanasummer says that it's her favourite exfoliator! Very Happy
There's a chance that you might end up getting the Phytomer Purifying Gommage as your mum's on the look-out O/S, I haven't made my order from EDS yet, so YOU'LL have to tell us what you think of it! Very HappySurprisedVery Happy

summertimegirl
Mabsy

Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the description Summertimegirl! I'll stick with the Gommage one. I love gimmicky products Very Happy I'll let you know what I think of it once I use it a few times. I'm pretty sure I'll like it just as much as the sample. Incidentally my 5mL sample only lasted one use for me. Not sure, maybe it wasn't filled up properly. We'll see how long the full size lasts. That's if my mum comes through with the goods Smile

Mabsy
Mabsy

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Just updating this post after the 1.5 years Smile I did end up getting this exfoliant and really liked it. I used up most of it but still had a little bit left over in the tube. I dug it out last night and wanted to use it for my DIY mini facial night Smile Unfortunately, it had gone off - the texture was all weird, the product had separated etc. I didn't even realise how long I had it for which is why I came looking here in case I had actually reviewed it earlier Embarassed I don't usually hold onto stuff with that texture for that long but this one somehow escaped me (plus it's hard to use up everything when you have multiples of every skincare product - I'm sure many of you can relate).

I'd buy this again though, but not until I use up the rest of the stuff I have (and probably try a few news things first too Very Happy).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I am really starting to like phytomer products. I have been testing phytomer products here and there and have really been liking them.
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I just placed an order for this, now I really can't wait to get it in after reading this!!
Mabsy

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Sadie wrote:
I just placed an order for this, now I really can't wait to get it in after reading this!!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it then Smile I hope you like it!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |