Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Undereye Exfoliation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use anything to remove rough skin(chicken skin as one poster put it) on the under eye area? Something to smooth and even it out. What about the Decleor Essential balm, can it be used there?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I've never had that problem, but I've heard MD Forte Eye cream is great for that. If I remember correctly it has about 4% AHA plus Retinol.

-Cheri
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, is your "chicken skin" actually milia?

I have a similar problem on the inner corner under the eyes and also on the inner corner of the underbrow area.

The cream Cheri was referring to is actually md formulations Vit-A-Plus Cream http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md-formulations-vit-a-plu-p_1883.htm)

I got some to try on my milia, but found no difference. It is quite a drying eye cream I think so I only would use a few days at a time and stop then start again.

Someone here swore by a clear shampoo that got rid of it.. DDF or something like that.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the MD Formulation Vit-A eye cream. It is drying for every night use especially in the winter. However, I find with continue use, the chicken skin looks much less obvious. And definately an improvement on those tiny fine lines. To combat the dryness, I put Clinque's All About Eyes on top of it. It is really light and won't cause milia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Annie, is your "chicken skin" actually milia?

I have a similar problem on the inner corner under the eyes and also on the inner corner of the underbrow area.

The cream Cheri was referring to is actually md formulations Vit-A-Plus Cream http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md-formulations-vit-a-plu-p_1883.htm)

I got some to try on my milia, but found no difference. It is quite a drying eye cream I think so I only would use a few days at a time and stop then start again.

Someone here swore by a clear shampoo that got rid of it.. DDF or something like that.

No, it really was MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream. Here's a link to take a peek:
http://www.dermstore.com/product_Skin+Rejuvenation+Eye+Cream_633.htm

I've read where people were recommending Johnson's Baby shampoo for milia.

-Cheri
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same "chicken skin" under my right eye, mostly towards the inner corner. I've had milia in the past on my upper eyelid and this is totally different. Those were small, hard and very round bumps that I eventually was able to get rid of with my IS clinical products, but I can't find anything to get rid of the undereye "bumps". Mad

My "chicken skin" is very soft and the bumps look like what may actually be fat cells. If that's true, I don't know if anything will really get rid of them. I'm already petite so losing weight won't help. I think someone said something about these being caused by too much cholesterol, but I just had mine checked and my level was in great shape. Anyone else have any ideas to help?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
You are right, it looks more like a fat deposit, not really milia (although I have a couple of those as well). So which MD Forte would be best. I don't guess they make an IS Clinical for that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I have the same "chicken skin" under my right eye, mostly towards the inner corner. I've had milia in the past on my upper eyelid and this is totally different. Those were small, hard and very round bumps that I eventually was able to get rid of with my IS clinical products, but I can't find anything to get rid of the undereye "bumps". Mad

My "chicken skin" is very soft and the bumps look like what may actually be fat cells. If that's true, I don't know if anything will really get rid of them. I'm already petite so losing weight won't help. I think someone said something about these being caused by too much cholesterol, but I just had mine checked and my level was in great shape. Anyone else have any ideas to help?

TAMgirl99,
That's exactly what I have...the chicken skin...and I really find MD formulation Vit-A helped. Of course, it won't happen over-night but with continue use...it really got flatter and smaller and less. I still have some now but much less visible than before. I will keep using the Vit-A eye cream and top it off with another more moisturizing eye cream.
Maybe you should get a sample to try it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I misread the posts, as one was MD Formulations and the other MD Forte Embarassed . (Speed reading.) Both seemed to contain Vitamin A and would exfoliate. Too many choices. Tamgirl99, which IS product did you use to get rid of the milia?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Wild Cat. I'll definitely see about getting a sample.

Annie - I used both the active serum and firming cream, although I think the active got rid of them faster. I usually alternate these 2 so it's kind of hard to tell. However, I did sort of pick at them for a while to help break the top layer of skin and assist in getting the trapped sebum out. However, it was definitely the IS products that completed the job. Very Happy
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I definately think the Vit-A plays a great role in getting rid of those annoying chicken skin. Vit-A not just exfoliate, it also stimulate collagen production. And I suspect that both played a role in getting rid of chicken skin. I think probabaly other Vit-A products can do the same job.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri, now what kind of company would want such a similar name to another.. Laughing MD Forte and MD Forumlations... BAH I thought that MD Forte was some kind of medication.... hmm

Wild Cat, well I think I will have to just try and be more diligent with the Vit-A cream. Maybe just at night or something. I dont like to slather on a lot of cream in that area (I read somewhere where creams can make it worse), but maybe I could apply okusil on top.

But, ladies you now have me confused to bits... chicken skin is perfect to describe what I have but I have never seen anyone describe it like that before. Reading everyone's stories about milia I figured that is what I had.. but in this post it refers to milia as hard bumps and mine certainly are not that. Confused Oh help, now I am back to just being a chicken-skinned freak Crying or Very sad (albeit in good EDS company! Wink )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |