Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eyelid eczema - HELP!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AmyJ123

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick update on my eyelid situation - first ...
I absolutely love being a teacher - I am music teacher of 20 years now and couldn't ask for a better job. So - all of the ointments were wonderful suggestions and really helped the symptoms but after a few days it was just not going away either so I finally went to a walk in clinic and she prescribed me methylprednisolone which is a steroid (pill -pak) because she said this was definitely a allergy. Well it's been two days now and it is finally going away for good - so there I'm allergic to and probably oversensitive to the mineral makeup line, in this case Mary Kay - have to stick to "eau naturale". Thanks again - great site!
Chelsea

Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I have suffered with eyelid eczema for 8 years. It comes and it goes. I believe it is caused by a number of elements including stress, dehydration, diet, and of course makeup and cleansers.

My doctor gave me a few different kinds of creams but they tend to work for a bit but never really cured the problem.

I have started using AQUATAIN everynight and every morning. It really helps with the reddness and if I use it everyday I can go weeks without a flare up.

I would like to try the Aveeno Eczema cream, if I see it I will buy it and give it a shot.

This is a miserable problem. It's embarassing, painful and a pain in the butt!
cassijensen

Wed May 13, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I've also had this problem, with eyelids. I recently tried an oldie but a goodie, castor oil, yup! I was plagued with not only eczema on my lids, but also around my mouth and chin. Anyway, the castor oil, which I got in a health food store, I apply with a q-tip only to the areas affected, right before bed. It's been 3 days now and it is definitely improving. I heard about castor oil on the Earth Clinic website and all I can say is castor oil is inexpensive and works for me. It is very thick and oily, though, so if you are prone to breakouts, it may not be the solution for you. Also I threw away the shadow and mascara I was using before, and bought new inexpensive ones, and I always make sure my applicator brushes are cleaned frequently.
Hope this helps someone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is so crazy about this post because I had this forever! It would come and go and I could never figure it out until I happened to go to my dermatologist...for another reason....started to talk about my problem and she told me that a majority of the people that complain about having the overly dry skin on their eyelids, like mine, is from being allergic to nail polish and nail polish remover. I notice now that if I have to put some nail polish on, it happens and when I just leave my nails natural, it will never return. Nail polish goes through your blood stream and your body expresses it's problem with the poison on your nails by causing that on your eyelids (or something like that). You never know! Try that first before you go crazy finding potions and creams. Sometimes it is the most simplest solutions!
TaraLS

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this since April, it was triggered by a neighbor burning poison ivy. My cheeks, under my eyes and my eyelids will swell and burn/itch like crazy. I've tried alot of different things, acupuncture *this does help* chinese herbs, not using any products with sodium lauryl sulfate, new makeup, Egyptian Magic ointment, neem oil, eucerin and alot more. I'm thinking I may be allergic to cats, around the time this started I moved back home to my parents, with their 2 cats + my sons 2 cats. I also think it might be my makeup, I've using Mary Kay for over a year, just recently thought they replaced the regular eye shadow with mineral and I've never been able to wear it. Now I'm off to find another eye shadow that I can wear. I'm not able to not wear makeup, I work in an office that requires me to look decent everyday. I'm at my wits end, HELP!!!
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm really sorry you are having such a problem with this. The best thing I can recommend is Mario Badescu's Control Cream. It is the only thing that almost instantly stops any itching and soothes redness. I use it as my moisturizer, but you can spot treat with it as well. I have also used it on my eyes and it works well. If you go towww.mariobadescu.com and fill out the skin profile for sensitive skin, they will send you samples if you want to try before you buy. It is $26 for 1 oz. HTH! Good luck!
Ali

Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've written an article on eye eczema on associatedcontent. You'll have to fill in the "com" part. Being a new member they would not let me type in the full URL. Search for eye eczema.

I hope this helps you.

Megan
teresafung
5% products discount

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I've had pink eyelids all throughout university - I would agree that it's stress-related and very dependent on your lifestyle.

I agree: DO NOT PUT STEROID MEDICATIONS ON YOUR EYELIDS! My doctor advised me to put a thin layer on for 3-4 years, only to tell me that if I rubbed my eyes or applied too much, steroids can thin the skin and when used around the eyes, can cause BLINDNESS. I was not forewarned!

I would suggest trying the natural remedies suggested in this forum. When my eyelids were dry, I found that applying a thick layer of Vaseline overnight would do the trick. I know my eczema is also tied into sleep and hydration - make sure you drink enough fluids (water is best!) and you get your beauty rest each night.

GOOD LUCK!
rbtowing

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I am reading everything on eczema on eyelids, so I am going to try some mentioned on the forum, also I am going to buy Omega3 or Krill and primrose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Crisco shortening works really well for my eyelids, and I mix it with olive oil for the rest of the face. Just use a light hand when applying. Good Luck!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Megg

Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I never had this problem before. I used mabline maskara and developed the irritation shortly after. I went to the doc he recommend a cream called bourdeaux baby butt smooth ointment, but the problem is i cant find it anywhere! He gave me a sample and now its gone. Plus it seemed to make the skin very raw and even though the dryness was gone the burning and itching was still there! So i am going to try avenno as thats the most common response I have heard. But I do think that the cheaper makeup maybe a culprit.... DO NOT use steroid cream my doc explained why, it thins the skin on your eyelids and that is already extremely thin! And it can cause perm. wrinkling of the eyelid skin Irreversible!!!! It just sucks because its the only thing that universally works Sad
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Megg - You can order the Boudreaux’s
Baby Butt Smooth Dry Skin Ointment online (http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php) and it is carried in quite a few drugstores. However, you are not supposed to get it in your eyes so I'm surprised your doctor told you to apply it to your eyelids. Here are the ingredients: Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin Wax, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Peruvian Balsam Oil. Good luck - I hope you find something that works.
Megg

Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so its been a week and Iv been using Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo to wash my face in the morning and at night. I have been putting on Aveeno medicated relief lotion ( which isnt necessarily for your eyes) and its works! Its gone all thats left is a bit of dryness and sweet relief!!! Thank u guys sooooo much!!!
Ryan G

Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Skin care is very important. Eczema symptoms are more prone to people who are unhygienic.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ryan G wrote:
Skin care is very important. Eczema symptoms are more prone to people who are unhygienic.

I take serious umbrage at this post. It is insulting to those of us on this forum who struggle with eczema to say that we need to keep "hygiene" in mind. For shame!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Ryan G wrote:

I take serious umbrage at this post. It is insulting to those of us on this forum who struggle with eczema to say that we need to keep "hygiene" in mind. For shame!

Agree I know many people with impeccable hygiene who suffer with eczema!

Sat May 29, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using M.A.C makeup for probably the last year, and had forgotten about my eyelid problem. Until I bought a new eyeshadow (Calvin Klien, on sale) and broke out IMMIDIATLY. Everything I put on it burns.
fellowsufferer

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've had eyelid eczema for a couple of months. I don't know what triggered it but have been very frustrated trying to find something that will ease the itchiness and swelling Sad . I had some success with A+D ointment (sold in baby aisle of the grocery store for diaper rash), but my right eye was still quite sore and swollen. My eye doctor said it was ok to use "a little" Confused cortisone cream and this also helped a bit but I was worried about using it long term due to side effects as already mentioned in this forum.

Yesterday I combed the aisles of my local drug store and saw Oil of Olay's Age Defying Revitalizing Gel. It has cucumber extract in it and I figured since it is formulated specifically for around the eyes I'd give it a try. I paid $9.99 for a very small jar but a little goes a long way. On the first application I was amazed how cooling and soothing it was. I'm not concerned about 'defying my age' Laughing - I just want relief from this awful eczema! I just looked in my magnifying mirror and the swelling and flakiness has gone down considerably and I'm not fighting to stop rubbing my eyes all the time.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will keep on working. Just thought I'd share this with my fellow eczema sufferers.
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
it hleps.
carhink24

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been fighting eyelid excema off and on for about 8 or 9 months. I tried many OTC remedies, including petroleum jelly, Vitamin A&D ointment, diaper cream, etc. I couldn't figure out what it was because it would flare up and then clear up. Each time it cleared up, I thought maybe it was going away for good. Then it dawned on me - I started a new birth control (LoEstrin24 FE) right around the same time the excema first appeared. I had my OB/Gyn change my prescription (to Yaz), and it started to clear up, but not completely. My PCP prescribed a cream called TobraDex (a steroid/antibiotic mix developed specifically for ophthalmic use). I have only been using it for 2 days and my eye is completely clear!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was diagnosed by my dermatologist to have eczema around my moth and told me to use hydrocortisone but I've been using petroleum jelly for now...I may try some of the recomendations here in the forum
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree with the unhygenic response to the
eczema. it's more of autoimmune problem.
jbaileyrn

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I just found this website and wanted to say thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been dealing with this for 20 years and have not found help yet. Hopefully something will help from here.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I have suffered so much with eczema. It is so true that it is the itch that rashes. I have had it on my legs, arms, hands. But the worst now has to be my eyelids, under eyes and lips. I have finally had to use a prescription steroid cream to clear up my lips. I had a prescription non steriod cream to clear up most of my eyes. The eyes actually started with the eyes not the eyelids. I would get terrible tearing and itchy. I had to get precription steriod eye drops and antihistamine drops. I also take benedryl if it is really bad. I am really allergic to grass and trees and this season was so rough. My allergist told me to make sure I use creams on my face no lotions, immediately after the shower. Also I used Aquaphor ointment for the dryness of the eczema. I usually put that on at night. No so far I am under control. Just some dry patches under one eye and eyelid.
lilly123
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
i'm the same as most, eczema has been the pain of my life,i now take evening primrose oil 500mg per day as recommended by a friend after 4 weeks of taking this i have no more sore eye lids my chin & jaw line are now clear Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |