Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Erno Lazslo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine reminded me of how I used to love this line when I was in my early 20s. We're talking nearly 30 years ago and it was insanely expensive back then. I remember how it completely & totally cleared up my cystic acne. Thinking back, Lazslo was ahead of his time with oil cleansing, exfoliating with the soap etc.I'm not sure it's the same now, but every time I get a whiff of sea mud soap-it's like I'm home again-either that or it just reminds me of when I was young-before becoming a mother of hormonal teenagers... Wink Anyone still using this line?? I'm surprised at the reviews it gets on MUA-seems to be a revival of sorts.
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try this line. Where can you buy this stuff?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh My!!! It is making a comeback if you go on MUA one girl seems to be the guru of the line. now for the bad news-You must check depending on where you live on who is still stocking it-In the Wash DC area Nords and Saks are our-reason not enough customer support-but don't worry I was on the phone w/the reps in NY from their web site and they clocked me Iam a cross between 11:30 7 12 until things get normal (normal/sensitive dehydrated skin 46yr old) so they are sending me the 2 sample kits for each clock. i know this forum really hates this line-(i think cause its not natural) anyway my friend uses this line and her skin is great. So I use Yonka, Jurlique but Iam going to give it another try. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE. The web site is ernolaszlo.com.Hope this helps-Should be getting my stuff today. Also I live where they do not carry this product so I will be going on blind faith. Bad Grin
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Ah ... a blast from the past! Laughing

I can recall how several movie stars purportedly used this line of products and swore by it.

I remember trying to check it out ... but finding that it was far too expensive for me to try ... let alone use regularly. Laughing

However, if he was promoting cleansing with oil ... he wasn't "ahead of his time" ... he was simply drawing upon an ancient mode of cleansing.

Oil cleansing, according to one of my aromatherapy books, dates back to ancient Egypt ... and certainly Romans used that method as well.

As for the rest of the line ... I fear I'm ignorant but I do recall all the hoopla surrounding his method. *sigh*

It's really a shame when products are priced so that only those who are "well off" can afford them. At least, that's my thinking.

Just consider ... if an expensive product line was half the price [and we all know that they could be ... the markups over the costs of product are huge] ... at least twice as many people could use it. If the line really works ... then sales would mushroom ... and the profit would be there.

Just my two cents.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Actually the prices are almost the same if not less then some of the products that everyone used on EDS in the higher prices lines
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Slapping myself for humming MEMORIES..... Razz

After I passed the bar exam and was feeling all grown up and professional, I treated myself to a purchase of this line. I don't remember what o'clock I was, but I used the stuff religiously for a long time. I can't honestly say what kind of effect it had on my skin - I was like 23!!!

Long after I abandoned the rest of the line, I continued to use the sea mud soap. I didn't just wash my face with it, I used it in the shower. I used to get itchy in response to a whole variety of things, and the sea mud soap seamed to keep the itchiness at bay (good thing, too, cause when you're supposedly allllll grown up and professional as per above, you can't go around scratchin' yourself like a chimp.. Laughing )

I agree with Marina, though. I think erno laszlo was way ahead of his time... I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the line was bought up by somebody or other. I don't remember who it was, but I do remember thinking to myself that it was a shame.....
Joey

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I used this line back in the day also, and I remember that I loved the smell! I think the expense and water all over the bathroom (from the splashing) is the reason I stopped using it, but I may revisit this line soon!
Joey
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Still waiting for my supplies-but I guess if the line as been around this long they must know something about skin: The company was bought but not by a big cosmetic co-read it online back in 2002-So I say all of us 40somethings should give it a try again-Like I said before I have checked the prices and its not much more expensive then most of the good stuff on EDS or other places also they have a huge selection on Ebay
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
If my husband sees that black bar appear again he's going to know for sure I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis-he used to buy it for me when I was in university & couldn't afford anything Embarassed

This line isn't for sensitives. That hot water can make broken caps appear out of nowhere. I wonder if they still use that insane amount of alcohol in their products. The stuff I remember liking was the oil, the soap smell and the smell of the phelityl cream.

Funny, the same rep. I used to buy it from 30 years ago still works for them..she weathered the slump and (according to her) business is booming again.There's also a remedy for the 'ring around the sink' problem-Mr.Clean wipes!

BTW, for those canadians interested, Holts sells the starter kit for about $106-including full size soap. With Laszlo, it's all or nothing-you just can't use some of the line-I know, I remember trying that too. I'm not sure how it would work for normal/dry mature skin, but I know it helped a lot of people with persistent acne. Back then, mind you (pre-retin-a), all we had was antibiotics and this vile stuff call Rezamid lotion-you added color till it matched your skin tone..ended up looking like I had an orange-tinted cracking face.

Red Head, let us know what you think when you use it and (I don't know if it's your first time) use it EXACTLY as directed.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I also was humming. I used the products back in the late 70's when I got our of High School. They say Iam between a 11:30 (slightly dry) and 12:00 (normal) so now you can tweek the line. The girl I know from MUA tweeks and also uses other products as well. So I know about the splashing (my bathroom used to look like a flood zone) you now can use the soap in the shower in the am/pm if preferred. So I will keep you posted. Since nothing else really has been working. Oh well had to spend some of the X-mas bonus on myself

46yr olf red hair normal/sensitive/dehydrated
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh me too. I bought the whole line and spent the rest of the year paying off my charge card in 1982 and ( ehhe I was 22 and also didnt need it!) felt so virtuous and "cared for".
I was a 1 oclock and still would be today.
I really enjoyed the whole ritual of it all ....and did love the cleansing oil and the sea mud soap... I think I too would get very nostalgic if I smelled it again.
I had to stop using it when the Dept store (which was the only one in my city at the time) stopped stocking it and lost interest when I had to buy from interstate. No internet in those days!! Yep... they used to say people like Cher etc used it and you felt "in good company"!
Back then it was horrendously priced (no La Mer etc available then to compare with) but I still loved the "exclusivity" and my skin was really, really good at the time. Smile
I dont think I would do it all again at this stage though... even though they now have lots of "anti aging" products that they did not used to have back then.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Lazslo December 1990 and have used ever since. Tried switching several times because of cost but skin doesn't care about $'s - always go back to Erno.

Actually have converted several people to Lazslo users.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
We were walking down memory lane on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=21592

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh, WOW! I used it about 30 years ago when I was 30. LOVED the Sea Mud soap! Don't remember the name of the product but you had to wear it all day...made my face look orange Shock

I couldn't use it now that I have sensitive skin.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:
Oh, WOW! I used it about 30 years ago when I was 30. LOVED the Sea Mud soap! Don't remember the name of the product but you had to wear it all day...made my face look orange Shock

I couldn't use it now that I have sensitive skin.

That would have been the regular normalizer shake-it. Tha colors were awful. I went around looking orange too..my skin looked great though.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it when I was 22 and started my first job. Hated it ... I'd even take Clinique over this line.

Used it for almost 4 months and kept up with the dept store rec's. Took me another 6 months to "fix" my face.

Bar none, the worst product line I'd ever spent money on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it when I was 22 and started my first job. Hated it ... I'd even take Clinique over this line.

Used it for almost 4 months and kept up with the dept store rec's. Took me another 6 months to "fix" my face.

Bar none, the worst product line I'd ever spent money on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I like Erno Laszlo Hydra-Therapy Skin Vitality Treatment Mask,but somewhat pricy.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I used Laszlo in my twenties. Last summer I decided to try it again.The reason being my face was a mess.,Almost ready to go to the derm.Well, I started again,and was thrilled. No breakouts, and no irritation.( I also have rosacea) Then winter came, and the soap was to drying.But I still use the Phelityl lotion thru the day, and phormula no.3-9 at night. 3-9 helped with the redness. I'm using a Jurlique cleanser now without breakouts,and might try other things.The price is something that stands in the way of alot of people.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I used Erno Lazslo Sea Mud Soap, absolutely love it. It leaves my face soft and clean. Nice but pricey Crying or Very sad
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I am used to facial wash comes in liquid rather than soap.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |