Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Elizabeth Grant & Alloette?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Elizabeth Grant and Alloette

Good products generally
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Bad products generally
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Kar

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to this list. I have tried B Kamins anti-aging serum, and I do think it is a good product, although I found his daily moisturizer to be oily, and his products are expensive. I don't mind the expense for a great product, but I would like to continue exploring.

I am curious about your opinions re: Elizabeth Grant, Alloette (and Aveda's) skin care lines. I will say that I ordered Alloette and I am returning it because it has a horrible odour! I am feeling uncertain about Elizabeth Grant's line, but I must say that unless they are lying, The Shopping Channel showed her "showstopper" as having sold over 13,000 units. I am acctually wondering if this is accurate or if they are less than honest. My primary concern is whether her product is good or if it is not good quality. Cellex-C was just being sold on the same channel two days ago, and I first found B Kamins through the Shopping Channel, so I know there are some good products that they air...

I would appreciate feedback. I am seeking good anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, skincare and eye products. Thank you. Question
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, did you know you can special order Prevage from TSC. Go to the beauty section to check it out. If this is what you are looking for. Overall for moisture retention EG product line is A-1, the serums only in my opinion. Its very easy to incorporate the serums with other skin care products. Hope this helps somewhat.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Is generally a good line and has some excellent products, such as:

Enzyme Peel
Time Restore
Time Repair
Maximum Moisture Complexe
Essential Cleansing Oil

I would give them a try if I were you next time they're on tSc. Besides, with the 30 day money-back guarentee, what have you got to lose?
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tried various Aloette products and wasn't impressed. I have sensitive skin and didn't experience any problems, but also did not experience great results either.

I'm still waiting for my EG serums. Keeping fingers crossed ...
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I havent tried Alouette as we dont have that here in Australia but we do get Elizabeth Grant from our TV shopping channel and I LOVE it. I have used it most of the time ( ok, I am never exclusive to any one brand for long!) since August last year and would recommend it. I loved the am and pm serums, the cleanser and toner, Intensive Hydration boost day cream, Complex 9 ... Eye repair, Gentle Eye serum, Line Erase.. ooh lots of their products, all from the Torricelumn Pur line. I found a decent decrease in lines and smoother skin texture and didnt break out at all. Whether I would agree with Betty Leigh ( who is the spokesperson we get here) or not about it being the finest on the planet..wellll... but it is gentle and makes an appreciable difference. One product that I didnt find was probably as amazing as they touted...that was the Essence of Torriculumn. It is really expensive and didnt do enough to make it worthwhile repurchasing.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again,

I did try alloette and I was shocked by the awful smell of the product!! It had a toxic odour and I immediately returned it. Overall, I must say that I have come to have very little regard for Canada's Shopping Channel in regard to their skincare lines. Also, the cost of returned items can be prohibitive at times, so be careful.

Everybody these days claims to have the best skincare line...
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kar, which Aloette product did you purchase?
Kar

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello Yen,

I don't remember the names of the products I tried anymore. The smell was unbelievably toxic and horrible! Frankly, I honestly can't imagine women putting the alloette products on their faces. I wonder if most women ignore the horrid smell of the alloette products in hopes of a good result - or if alloette has had many returned products.... I returned my alloette products and I would definitely not recommend alloette to anyone. I did find B Kamins anti-aging serum to be worthwhile, however. Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kar,

I'm really curious to what that product was. I personally haven't come across any product that smelled foul. I actually have a pretty big stash of Aloette products at home. I guess Aloette can't please everyone. That's why we have this forum to encourage us to try new things. Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Omigosh! I find it hard to believe Aloette had such horrid scent too! I have used many of their products and find the scent to be not offensive at all.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't find the Aloette serums offensive in terms of smell but the creams - WHOO! They smell horrid!! I like EG's eyelid restore - and her moisturizers are good in dry or cold climates...good bang for the buck but WAY too many products in the line -- very confusing!
Pudoodles.
cynfzr

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
First time, with important concern. I use Aloette and love it. Previously purchased product from Shop at home tv (sale). Unfortunately they no longer sell Aloette. Please can anyone tell me where the product is sold at a reasonable price. Aloette website purchase is expensive and I purchase certain items: Eye Recovery, Time Restore Serum, Lift and Glow, Line relief and Enzyme Peel. Love them all. As for smell, not offended. Time Resore and Enzyme Peel smell fruity. IN NEED OF ALOETTE, PLEASE HELP!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
cynfzr, I purchase my Aloette products fromwww.tsc.ca (It's the Canadian Shopping Channel).
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
def EG for moisturising, I found her serums sticky, so would use at nite only (sticky isnt a prob for me at nite), but her complex 9 is great. I just didnt see huge anti aging with them, but moisturising is 90% of the battle. But if I could only choose between these 2 its EG hands down.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Melissa Marie, maybe you use too much of EG serums. One drop is all you need, maybe even HALF of a pump and HALF a drop for the neck.Great products, I agree!
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been using both brands and generally like most of the products. However, I have to say this, I am in my early 20's, I don't have deep wringles or pigments on my skin. I had to struggle with dry and occationally break out skin. so I had a hard time finding products that are hydrating enough without breaking me out. I have tried other brands both drugstore and department store. I find both brands fit my needs. plus the prices are great if you buy them when there is promotion. though I doubt the claims of those clinical studies they showed on TV everytime they are on.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I actually really loved the Aloette day moisturizer (Cellular Day Defense). I had used it a few years ago and my skin seemed to really clear up with it, however, when winter came around it wasn't moisturizing enough for me and I moved onto other products (and just never went back to it ... too many other choices out there!). I didn't find the smell really bad at all myself. I had tried some of their serums, but I wasn't as impressed with them. They seemed ok, but nothing remarkable.

I had ordered an Elizabeth Grant kit, but sent it back because it was just too rich for my skin.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Melissa Marie, maybe you use too much of EG serums. One drop is all you need, maybe even HALF of a pump and HALF a drop for the neck.Great products, I agree!

serums in all brands can get sticky on me (and I do use very very little, bottles last me forever), but I have found if I spritz water after it tends to help. I havent used these products in a very long time, I went for more agressive, but If one needs a great mosturiser, this would be it.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
is there a new formulation for some aloette products that accounts for the smell?

I've used many of their products until recently when EDS drew me away. really don't remember a bad smell in various moisturizers. products I've used again after the initial try was the C-Accelerator (powdered L-ascorbic acid), Pure Radiance Bioactive Mist with Lumitone, Advanced Eye Recovery Complex (moisturizing but still in search of a better dark circle reducer), and my all time favourite Platinum Lip Treatment which I still use every single day. the lip tx is best part of a kit and ridiculously priced on it own but I've come close to caving for full price. plus the vit. C powder is great sprinkled into a moisturizer or serum.

I'd still use each one of these if there weren't so many other products to try. so much for loyalty, guess my HGs are still out there somewhere.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
There are some posts missing. Where are they?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Aloette really surprised me with the quality of their products. I esp. love the Platinum line. (when I see things sold on TV I was skeptical, but it works great).
Mabsy

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
This talk of horrid smell has me a little bit worried - I just ordered a few items from Aloette and I'm waiting for them to arrive. If it smells funny then the chances of me sticking with it are almost slim to none Rolling Eyes

SussieQ - care to elaborate? Nothing has been deleted from here as far as I know, unless someone who was selling Aloette actually posted here with ads.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
This talk of horrid smell has me a little bit worried - I just ordered a few items from Aloette and I'm waiting for them to arrive. If it smells funny then the chances of me sticking with it are almost slim to none Rolling Eyes

SussieQ - care to elaborate? Nothing has been deleted from here as far as I know, unless someone who was selling Aloette actually posted here with ads.

Mabsy, I've used quite a few Aloette products and I haven't found them "smelly" with the exception of one product, the Hand & Body Silk.
Mabsy

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Mabsy, I've used quite a few Aloette products and I haven't found them "smelly" with the exception of one product, the Hand & Body Silk.

Thanks Yen! I was actually quite tempted to buy this (MUA review stats) but in the end didn't. Now I'm kinda glad Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
No problem. Very Happy Mabsy, which Aloette products did you order?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |