Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! My skin is all jacked up!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Okay ladies and gentlemen... my skin recently has reacted to something with a bumpy red rash all over my forehead, cheeks and jaw. I was using a face brush for exfoliation and I think that might have been it, but it is too soon to tell. I have learned that the less I do the better, but in the pursuit of aesthetic perfection (if such a thing exists) I always seem to go too far.
But I digress, I'm thinking of ordering from Decleor and I wonder what combo to use. A lot of you are loving the Essential balm, but I noticed they have a Rose D' Orient for sensitive skin. I just don't know which one would be better. I don't really have many blackheads and I really only get oily on my nose and between my eyebrows, but I tend to break out on my jaw and lower cheeks. I just don't want anything that is going to make my skin freak, but I want beautiful glowing skin like I know so many of you have. What is this girl to do? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I've got a 5ml tube of the Rose D'Orient balm that I've tried out, and I've used the essential balm for about a year. In my opinion the essential balm is better. The Rose one is supposed to calm irritated skin, but I find the essential balm does it better plus it helps spots clear and heal. Put it this way, my skin looks happier in the morning after a night with essential balm than with Rose balm Smile

I have sensitive/reactive/dry skin (not dry since I've started taking care of my skin, but will go dry if I don't). Up until I was 26 I had very nice skin. Then my hormones started acting up and since then it's been a bit of a mess with blackheads on my cheeks, spots, bumpy rashes and lately big painful spots that don't come to a head. I think the decleor series has helped my skin, it's definitley changed it to the better - and the essential balm is probably the most important ingredient apart from good facial cleansing.

Hope that helps your choice a bit...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I might be adding into your confusion Confused I use Decleor's Angelic Balm and I love it. I consider the smell addictive. This balm is suppose to be for dry skin but it works really well on my winter skin. I also like the essentail balm a lot. I usually put essential balm on my t-zone and Angelic on the rest of my face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth,
Your skin sounds a lot like mine and you said exactly what I needed to hear to make my decision. Thank you!

Wild Cat,
I didn't really consider the Angelic Balm, but I think I am going to stick to the Essential as it sounds like the best for my skin. I need the decongesting action it provides. If it doesn't work though, I will consider the Angelic Balm if not for the name alone... who wouldn't want to look like an angel? Smile Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
When you purchase the essential balm, remember to ask for a sample of the angelic balm Surprised

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Will do Wild Cat... thanks! Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |