Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Homemade Lucia/Ardell Lash Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Carekate: please add me to your guinea pig list Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
i'm lining up to be your guinea pig too, carekate

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
carecake,
It looks like you have the sites you need. I would love to try your formula! I haven't tried Lucia, but I do use Ardell. The Ardell has improved the length and condition of my lashes, but would love to improve thickness. Please let me know how much you need for the cost of the product and shipping.
Thanks,
Deb
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
carekate,

I am "game" to be a guinea pig as well. Laughing

Please add me on to the growing list of volunteers. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
me too. I have been using the Dreamlash and Ardell and have seemed to reached my plateau.

Could it help with that? Carekate, did your growth sort of stop and then your own serum helped to boost it?
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, would like to try it (I've got virgin lashes).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
if it's just applied to the lash line, what about one of those lipgloss wand things? I think I have seen them for sale on the skin actives site?

5% products discount

Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I can't find the Lucia product anywhere online. Where has everyone been purchasing it? Is it possible for someone to list the ingredients?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ebay. Maimeow, is the seller.

Here is the link. It can take awhile. From Japan. I ordered mine a week ago Wed and still have not received it.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LUCIA-nouvellemoi-EYEBROW-ESSENCE-brand-new-NO-box_W0QQitemZ5654803241QQcategoryZ11862QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If the link does not work just search for the seller's name and View my store and it is on the 3rd page.

Good luck!
jemstar
5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the lucia on the korean site - anyways, just to help out carekate's recipe for super lush eyelash essence.. I found that they listed the major ingredients as follows:

(translated)
inositol (?), vitamin e, hyaluronic acid, squalane, olive oil, olive leaf extract, english ivy extract, rosemary extract, roman chamomile oil etc

hope that helps!
Donnabren
5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, both of you for the speedy response!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
jemstar wrote:
I just ordered the lucia on the korean site - anyways, just to help out carekate's recipe for super lush eyelash essence.. I found that they listed the major ingredients as follows:

(translated)
inositol (?), vitamin e, hyaluronic acid, squalane, olive oil, olive leaf extract, english ivy extract, rosemary extract, roman chamomile oil etc

hope that helps!
Thanks a bunch!!!! Dancing I've been trying to get hold of the ingredients in Lucia to see if I needed to include anything other than the Inositol, so this is fab!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
so you still haven't added everything and you've already seen results using your serum? that's amazing! this is so exciting thanks for keeping us all updated Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I know we're all anxiously awaiting to be Carries guiena pigs for her lash serum but...I was at CVS tonight on the way home from work. Maybe only my CVS but all the Ardell Brow & Lash treatments were 50% off, so I got mine for about $1.50. Not too shabby. I know it hasn't gotten OMG gotta have it reviews but many seem to enjoy it. Just a little FYI for you. And for anyone who may not have a CVS or can't find the same deal I'd be happy to go back and pick up the rest they have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
...I know it hasn't gotten OMG gotta have it reviews but many seem to enjoy it.
You must have missed this one: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7544&highlight=ardell -- the Ardell is indeed a "gotta-have-it" item! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
P.S. I got the list of ingredients that Winnie sent me from the obscenely expensive Jan Marini “Age Intervention Eyelash” stuff and the only ingredient it contains that might even remotely justify the price is something that they call “Eyelash Growth Factor,” which naturally they’ve trademarked. But I’m willing to bet that it contains nothing that we haven’t seen or used before in other eyelash serums, whether it be Talika , Mavala, Ardell, Lucia, DreamLash, or StarLash...

Wouldn’t it be a hoot if JM’s “Eyelash Growth Factor” actually turned out to be nothing more than castor oil and silica or horsetail extract?! I’m also concerned that not only don’t they identify what this mysterious EGF is, but it’s also listed as the absolute LAST item on the ingredient list. Presuming that Jan Marini is a U.S. company governed by our USFDA which requires that ingredients be listed on a product in the order of importance/how much it contains, it would seem that whatever makes the JM lash stuff so special is also the ingredient *least* contained in the formula!

Now if Winnie comes along in a week or two and tells us that she’s suddenly got inch-long lashes, I’ll be more than happy to eat my skeptical words, but until I find out exactly what JM’s “Eyelash Growth Factor” contains, I’ll be holding on to both my credit card and my checkbook and resisting the urge to purchase it.

One other thing about the JM lash stuff: it also contains “sodium phosphate.” Now of course I’ve heard of this compound before, but I wasn’t exactly sure what it is or what it does and why it would be included in an eyelash growth serum so I googled it and these are the search results it returned: http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/sodium+phosphate and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_phosphate After having read both, I’m STILL not sure what possible purpose sodium phosphate would serve by possibly being included in my homemade lash serum because I couldn’t get passed the part that said it was an active ingredient in Fleet Enemas! Shock Do we have any members who actually paid attention in, and therefore PASSED, their high school chemistry class that can shed some light on it for me?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Don't you just hate it how they call ingredients they don't want you to know about, factors, complexes etc.? So much for a law stating that you have to list the ingredients.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Now if Winnie comes along in a week or two and tells us that she’s suddenly got inch-long lashes, I’ll be more than happy to eat my skeptical words, but until I find out exactly what JM’s “Eyelash Growth Factor” contains, I’ll be holding on to both my credit card and my checkbook and resisting the urge to purchase it.

Laughing I am not expecting any miracles with JM Eyelash Growth Factor. What the heck, with my gift certificate I didn't pay any more then I would have to order Lucia. It has been approximately five day using JM and I have not noticed any change at all. I will continue to use it as I do believe it is PROBABLY just as good as Lucia. Again, I am still using my Ardell as mascara during the day.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Quote:
After having read both, I’m STILL not sure what possible purpose sodium phosphate would serve by possibly being included in my homemade lash serum because I couldn’t get passed the part that said it was an active ingredient in Fleet Enemas! Do we have any members who actually paid attention in, and therefore PASSED, their high school chemistry class that can shed some light on it for me?

That's hysterical! I passed HS and college chem, but that was over 20 years ago. Maybe we don't want to know how sodium phosphate affects lash growth!

I've been using just the Ardell, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of my lashes...both top and bottom. I was not expecting any results, but they have improved. I only use this once a day, at night, so the improvement has taken a long time, but I'll continue to buy and use this.

Has anyone tried DHC's Eyelash Tonic? Here are the ingredients:
water, swertia japonica extract, placental protein, butylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, nasturtium officinale extract, symphytum officinale leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, carbomer, aminomethyl propanol, methylparaben, xanthan gum, allantoin, dipotassium glycyrrhizate
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
ick. Just read up on the third ingredient of the DCH eyelash tonis, "plancental protein," comes from animal placenta.
MissyChick

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Good morning all - I am NEW here, so would appreciate responses. I am 41 and my lashes are real thin and faded. My brows are practically invisible unless I use powder and whatever else. What is the BEST product to make my lashes thick and lush? I read lots of posts about Ardell and Lucia. Do these products make your lashes and brows grow (long) or will they become thicker? I look forward to hearing from anyone who has used them who have fine lashes like me.
Take care....Melissa

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
MissyChick wrote:
...What is the BEST product to make my lashes thick and lush? Do these products make your lashes and brows grow (long) or will they become thicker?
Your lashes don’t get thicker, if by “thicker” you mean bigger in diameter (i.e.: each individual lash becomes fatter). What it does is stimulate new lash growth so you get more lashes growing out of your lash line, thereby making the lash line appear more dense. More lashes sprouting from the lash line gives the illusion of thicker, more lush lashes.

Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Accelerator costs less than five bucks, and nearly everyone who has tried it has seen noticeable results so it’s definitely worth a try as it is a less expensive alternative to most of the other lash growth serums.

You’ve probably already seen these threads but if not, you can read more about everyone’s experiences with the various lash growth products:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7633&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7878&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7544&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8797&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9258&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8794&highlight=ardell+lucia
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10013&highlight=ardell+lucia

HTH,
Carrie

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Carrie. Since you appear to be the "resident expert" here, can you plz explain how these products stimulate lash growth?

Melissa Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,
Just came across this post - phosphorous has been used to successfully treat alopecia, as it apparently stimulates hair growth (well, actually hair retention), by strengthening the follicle. They are using the biologcal salt form, as it would have better bioavailability.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
When will the serum be ready I am excited to try it!

pb: Is PSF considering a serum for hair loss? Please!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |