Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
December 1st - Google5 Update :) (past readers look hehe)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
December 1st-
Cheeks less red, some more white heads so far, using all products, spot treating with retin-A sometimes every other day, or just a whole week.

Is it good that im getting more White heads usually a day before i get them, its a red spot, is that good??
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
google5, sounds like your skin is having pretty good progress. You need to understand that our body keeps producting oil that might lead to whiteheads. Retin-A cannot completely stop oil production so it is reasonable to have some whiteheads, just apply Retin-A in hope of dissovling them before they become blk heads. Keep doing what's making your skin better... Surprised

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, they go red, then whitehead, then go red again, then fade, i think, right? heh havnt been keeping track of whitch pimples fade
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
google5 wrote:
Ok, they go red, then whitehead, then go red again, then fade, i think, right? heh havnt been keeping track of whitch pimples fade

Sounds about right. Skin might appear red when its congested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
what does that mean?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello google5,
The skin turns a bit red sometimes...when the pores are congested. Then it accumulates and become whiteheads. The when you apply retin-A to dissolve those whiteheads, they went back to congested pores. With further application of retin-A, the pores got clean.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
ah ok. since the Retin-A is kind of "removing" or in harsh words, burning, the gunky stuff there/dead skin?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Retin-A "exfoliates", that's the word. Dissove, exfoliate, same thing. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I was just out in the cold for about 5 minutes so my face is redder now is this common? not my whole face, just the acne parts. i noticed this because i had my contact's in too long, and that made it look like it was preatty faded, but then i took them out and lookedi n the same mirror, and it was alotttt redder
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
but to add, i was close to the mirror, its preatty bright and i was just outside (repeating myself...) But, when i had my contacts in it looked better... :\
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Cold can be very stimulating to the skin. Its not abnormal to have your cheek gotten red after being outside, in cold weather.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
ok.

My sister also said that using skin peelers (Gel's, aka tazorac, Retin-A etc..) is good for getting scar's away. So she said to put those on scars, not just on pimples. is this true?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is true, Retin-A can stimulate collagen production and scars would look less noticeable
Edited to add that Retin-A helps with previous acne marks like discolouration but it can't do much for indents.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
What bout Tazorac? My sister says this works very well...

http://www.allergan.com/site/products/consumers/home.asp?id=tazorac_gel&largeText=
We have the 0.1% gel, not the cream.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Tazorac is just another version of Retin-A. The active ingredient is the same. It would help with acne discolouration but I don't think anything can fill in dents.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
yea, i know, im just glad im a male, since males usally have rough skin, aka whiskers haha.

Thanks for the help, i will use the tazorac since it is used more in my family, and it probably helps our skin better for some reason. Ill just go with family tradition Smile
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
God skin confuses me.

I was just laying down in my bed for 30-45 mins relaxing, and i get up to goto the bathroom and my skin looks really irritated, why does it get worse by itself during the day? i only put acv toner on it this morning.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know why skin does that?

To add:
Im doing what my doctor told me, and its not helping, so then he suggested clearlight, but my mom doesn't have the $, so should i just stick to my regular routine?
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
advice please?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes google5, you should just stick with your regime. Do you still see some improvement with your regime?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
no im really not seeing anything actually... i thought it was getting better, but then i noticed that my contact was just blurry... lol.. its still the same from like a month ago.

redness and all, some new pimples actually. i dont think it will be going away for awhile Sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that google5, I am a true believer in Retin-A products and they do work on me. I would continue to use Retin-A related products and hope time pass by faster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, It took at least three months to notice that my skin was getting better.

I am on Vitamin A Acid.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
what is that?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Similar to what you are taking.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |