Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FAIR AND WHITE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BrownEyes
5% products discount

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
About a week ago I started using Fair and White gel cream/ with the soap, and serum and noticed that my skin is peeling around my mouth, and nose area. Is this normal, and will it go away? Where the peeling is occuring the skin looks lighter.

And i also have small light (white spots) on my cheek. Right now its not noticeable but wondering if it will go away.

Advice?

5% products discount

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Will somebody please respond and help me???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry BrownEyes,

I've never even heard of the product ... so I can't assist you at all.

The people on here are pretty helpful, so I'm quite sure that the lack of response is due to those who have read this thread [and there have been a lot who have looked at it ... 98 at last count!] just don't have any insights for you.

People really aren't trying to ignore you ... honest! Laughing

Did you do a search on EDS to see if there are any older threads on this product?

Good luck!

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Did you contact the company and see if they have any answers for you?
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used Fair and White before, but it if contains hydroquinone, you need to be careful because it can lead to hypopigmentation causing light patches. Also, for me, peeling around the mouth can be a sign of an allergic reaction. I usually test patch on my forehead because it's less sensitive for me.
dedewiba

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on the line you use. I use the AHA line of Fair & White (Orange Color) and I don't get that rxn. I used the hydroquinone line (White Color)and it caused a lot of bumps but no peeling. Do you have dry skin? I use Cetaphil before I use my whitening soap and it helps a lot. You should also consider exfoliating before applying the serum to help w/ the whitening process and maybe stop the flaking. Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I thought about getting the AHA line, but figured it would be ineffective. I am now turned off by Fair and White period. Don't ever want to use it.

My skin is healing surely but slowly. It caused more than just flaky. Wrinkles, darkening of my skin, and white spots.

Is there something else I can use to make my skin even and clear for long term use

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you should try Retin A through a dermatologist. I use that also and it helps a lot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
BrownEyes wrote:
...Is there something else I can use to make my skin even and clear for long term use

Regular exfoliation and Vitamin C serum! In my case specifically I think it's also ACV toner.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
BrownEyes
5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Retin A a looong time ago as a teenager. I remember it leaving scabs on my skin for a few days, although when the scabs slowly began to slough off my complexion was very pretty and clear. It lasted for quite a while because I never used it EVER again. But I'm still recovering from a bad peel with Fair and White, I don't think I want to go through it again.

Where can I get a Vitamin C serum?

And does anyone know if Makari is any good? I ordered that in hopes by the time it arrives my skin will be healed and able to properly react to it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I used Fair and White the blue and gold packaging - gel and serum. It worked well, and I only peeled slightly for a week. But my pores started clogging big time and I had breakouts, that I am just now getting rid of - almost a year later!! And I never got break outs before. It was hard for me to determine what was causing my breakouts since I was trying many new things like sunscreens, powders, stress of moving, hormonal changes, etc. But I still suspect it was the Fair and White that started it.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know a cheap Vitamin C serum I could buy? a lot of the ones I see discussed on this forum are so expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I think Jason's C Light is inexpensive. You can find those at the health food stores that carry JASON line.I've seen it at Whole Foods Market, but a friend said it was cheaper online. Just remember stability is important and oxidize if not preserved right. If you're looking for the cheapest yet fresh way is make your homemade version. I think there should be a recipe here in DIY.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |