Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
::Review:: Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer - My new must-have!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
must have, but can't have... Rolling Eyes if only it wasn't so expensive! It's USD65 for 35 doses and if used daily, I can't stretch it to last longer than a little over a month! Sad (having said that I'll probably just cave in and get the whole can anyways... Bad Grin )

Anyways, from the website, "Daily Resurfacer is Dermalogica's exclusive three-in-one treatment that resurfaces and smoothes skin without causing irritation or redness, helps reduce the signs of premature aging, and brightens with a unique botanical complex that helps even skin tone and balance pigmentation. Designed for daily use, Daily Resurfacer leaves skin smoothed, brightened and hydrated. The hermetically-sealed pouch guarantees application without contamination or waste, while the sponge evenly distributes the treatment and adds to the effectiveness of the resurfacing process.

how it works

Hydroxy acids gently dissolve dead skin cells and stimulate cell renewal, improving skin texture and making skin more flexible.
Japanese Unshiu Citrus Peel helps control melanin production, naturally brightening and evening out skin tone.
South African Rooibos Extract combines with Green Tea as a powerful antioxidant that soothes skin during the resurfacing process.
I got to try this when I was given free samples at my usual Dermalogica salon. I used on clean skin after cleansing and toning
."

You use it on clean skin, leave it on and follow with your usual moisturiser. Last night I tried it for the first time - I couldn't believe the immediate smoothing and brightening effect it had on my skin! There is no smell (like most Dermalogica stuff) does not sting and absorbes real quick. It seemed a shame to use up the whole pouch, so I saved the balance (put the pouch back into the plastic cover that came with the sample - the actual product comes in a can, so no plastic covers. Hey, that gives me an idea, I should save the plastic covers for when I buy it!) The next morning I woke up with very smooth skin! After cleansing and toning this morning I used the rest of it up and continued with the skincare routine as usual (mind, this isn't particularly hygenic, seeing that you're wiping your face with the same sponge you used the night before. But my rational was: didn't I use it on clean skin?)

My skin has stayed smooth, bright and clear all day. But do I like it enough to make the purchase? YES if I had nothing better to do with my money. I believe there are other products (including in the Dermalogica line) that can deliver similar results for less money, so I guess I'll sit quietly and keep asking for samples of it in the meantime! Shhh

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer (35 doses)
Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer (35 doses)

Daily Resurfacer is Dermalogica's exclusive three-in-one treatment that resurfaces and smoothes skin without causing irritation or redness, helps reduce the signs of premature aging, and brightens with a unique botanical complex that helps even skin tone and balance pigmentation. Designed for daily use, Daily Resurfacer leaves skin smoothed, brightened and hydrated. The hermetically-sealed pouch guarantees application without contamination or waste, while the sponge evenly distributes the treatment and adds to the effectiveness of the resurfacing process.

phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Glad you liked Demalogica Daily Resurfacer! I ususally love all Dermalogica products so I purchased the full size tin of 35 doses when it first came out last year. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to see the results you experienced. I couldn't tell any difference in my skin. No smoothing or brightening whatsoever. I had previously used Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and products with higher AHA's, so the Resurfacer seemed to be so mild it was like plain water on my skin.

Of course this doesn't mean it isn't a great product. My 40 something skin just needed something stronger. I'd say it would be great for anyone with sensitive skin.

-Cheri
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
As soon as I saw these had come out I desperatley wanted to try them, I am glad I waited though.
Looking at both your comments I am wondering if the same effects can be achieved from an asprin mask followed by a toner made up from Rooibos and green tea Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4, I do have sensitive skin, I guess that's why it works for me. But like I said, it's something I'd happily accept for free but would not actually buy (unless I have more money than I know what to do with).

Rosebud, I'm pretty sure you will get the same smooth skin with aspirin mask and green tea toner...

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I did not even want to read this review....I soooo do not need anymore Dermalogica products, or any more products period Laughing

.....maybe if I win an EDS gift certificate hmm
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, me too Cbrooke, me too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I see I'm not the only one who sits and plots over what I'd buy if I won the $50 Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
i still donno whether i love or hate this product. i bought it from my local therapist... really expensive! for the first 2-3 times i used, after that i have more outbreaks.. i was so scared then i stopped using it. i'm not sure my outbreak was due to the product or myself due to hormonal imbalance & stress. But recently i take it out n apply again on my face is ok, i can see my skin is better. So still puzzled about the result of this product.... hmm
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |