Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Need hand cream, non-greasy, well absorbed, heal & prote
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
aleetakline
5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:03 am      Reply with quote
( fair mature, over-medicated(desease) dry skin, hazel eyes, br.hair)

Sad Sorry, I'm not putting out info. in the forums, too tired & too sore. As usual, asking. GOD love you guys for staying in there and giving great advice & suggestions Exclamation Exclamation

I'm in dire need of hand cream. skin around my fingernails bleed, (I use the bathroom alot, so wash my hands alot), hands & arms so dry. I've used Cellcosmet, Sothy's, Ahava and many drug store brands. They all work the same or greasy. I go thru ton of triple antibiotic cream (ointment collects every cat hair and dust particles in air), but so expensive. It would be nice if there was a good organic/mineral one, but I'm happy with best advice or suggestion Exclamation

Body is calling me away, but will return to see if hopefully someone had the time to share. Thank you ak
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Can I ask first what is causing your hands to be like this? Is it an environmental factor?

Firstly I would suggest some vitamin and mineral supplement high in B complex, Zinc and Fish Oils.
As for hand creams, try smothering your hands in coconut oil or Olive Oil and I would mix in a little neem oil for it's antiseptic and anti fungal properties. If you have any gloves then try leaving this on overnight so your not washing it off and it has a chance to penetrate and deep condition the hands.
I have tried countless things for my hands, I do a lot of cooking so am forever having to wash my hands and at once point they became so dry, cracked and sore. By doing the above I have managed to restore my hands Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Nivea soft (in a small white jar)...bought it at target. It has worked for me! I have also used Neutragena Hand cream...white pump but it does stay greasy for a little while. Good luck in your search!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have searched the world over for a good lotion/cream for my hands which are also very sensitive and reactive to many ingredients. I tend to wash my hands a lot esp. when I'm cooking/cleaning. They get so dried out. And it's the worse when I am in a very dry climate. My mom, who lives in the mountains in a very dry climate, can get sandpaper finger tips and dry, cracked, sometimes bleeding hands. So, now that I have shared a little background info, here's what I recommend:

Aubrey Organics Hand and Body Lotion in the SeaBuckthorn formula (or any variation). Worked SO well to heal my hands and bring them back to normal. And it did not irriate my skin at all (it does not contain any parabens or other such ingredients). Totally non-greasy.

Jason Hand and Body Lotion vitamin A/C/E formula. My mom LOVES this stuff. It helps her hands so much. When she uses it consistantly, her hands don't get nearly as dry as before. It's all natural and non-irritating. I really like it too but it has a smell to it that I don't particularly like (kind of pastey or waxy). BUT my mom, who is also very sensitive to smells, says that at first you can kind of smell it but a few minutes later you can't smell a thing. She is also very picky when it comes to greasiness. This stuff is, like the Aubrey organics, totally non-greasy. It's also non-irritating. you can find it here http://www.vitacost.com/JasonHandBodyLotion-VitACE .

I also strongly recommend using cotton gloves at night. When I slathered on the Aubrey lotion with gloves at night I would wake up with baby soft hands. I also use jojoba oil with a chamomile essential oil with my gloves. The above lotions are good mid-day lotions because of their non-greasiness and using the oils are good at night.

Also, if you tend to have sensitive skin, watch out for mineral oil in lotions/cremes and avoid it. Mineral oil can irritate sensitive skin.

Hope this helps.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
..As for hand creams, try smothering your hands in coconut oil or Olive Oil ... If you have any gloves then try leaving this on overnight so your not washing it off and it has a chance to penetrate and deep condition the hands...

I was going to suggest this, too! I've never had very badly sore hands, but they can be dry (especially when I was pumping for my babies and had to wash the breastpump parts every 3 hours or so - did this for over a year and a half for each DS) and to restore them I'd do just that! When they're a bit less dry, to keep them moist I swear by Clarins (the old one, not the new anti-aging one) and Dermalogica MVH&NT. Nowadays I've found my HG of handcreams, and they keep dry wrinkly hands at bay: L'Occitane handcream with 20% Shea Butter! It smells yummy and you want to put it on all the time. I've got so many of my friends hooked on this, too.

As I'm a handcream fan generally, I do try others (and will continue to do so for the rest of my life Bad Grin ) but this is definitely one of the best.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
my father had fingertips that were dry, hard skinned, deeply cracked and bleeding. it was actually painful for him to pick things up.

I got him a tub of Lucas papaw (sic) ointment (Australian product and available for international shipping from aussie online pharmacies).

It is a thick balm made up mostly of fermented paw paw/papaya. It is a great moisturizer and healer (I use it on dry lips)

After rubbing it generously into each finger every night, we then put on little white cotton gloves and off he went to bed. Within a few days he said he was feeling a huge difference and within 5 days it was clearly visible the difference. no bleeding, still cracked but had started to heal and no longer painful.

An excellent, excellent product that I would give FIVE stars to.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've found Dr. Hauschka handcream to be very well absorbed and non-greasy, though it may not be heavy duty enough. When I really need healing I usually opt for pure cocoa butter.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll pick up some cocoa butter for my hands, at the moment I'm using The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment, it works well for my very dry hands as well as my store cupboard ingredients Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Is cocoa butter too greasy?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
It's definitely greasier than Dr H hand cream, but it's not so bad if you don't go overboard.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
My mother recently passed away and I found a tub of Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy on her dresser. This stuff is good! It's very rich, but isn't greasy. There are several scents available, but it's not overly perfumed.

There's a website for this product line, and of course there are listings on eBay.

I've been using shea butter, but it's fairly greasy in comparison to this glycerine product.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I have very dry skin on my hands, so I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. Also, Aveeno have many different products for body and hands.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
i swear by PSF vit C serum. I am using it on a daily basis on my face, neck, and hands. I got a bit of a Howard Huse syndrome, so I am no stranger to obsessively washing my hands all the time.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Thank you so much! To all of you Exclamation

Embarassed Rosebud,Because of the severity of my desease, I'm not able to heal properly or prevent. I'm usually sick with something most of the time. Most everything fatigue's me. It is also dry here, winter time. I'm finding it more difficult to leave the house, so internet shopping for me Exclamation

All these suggestions are wonderful. Does this info. change any responces? I definitely will come back here later tonight to view ( Pray hopefully) a responce.

Again, huge thank you to you all for your time
aleetakline
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
wave Embarassed Embarassed I forgot, where do you buy neem oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter,Lucas Paw paw, etc? Confused

Thank you again
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, you can get Lucas Papaw from Pharmacy Online. THey ship overseas at cost - and as an international client you shoudl get 10% discount because GST does not apply to you.

http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=papaw+ointment&search_in_description=1&search_in_description=0

My dad has the HUGE tub and I keep the little tube in my desk drawer. The smaller tub should be more than sufficient for quite a long time of using.
aleetakline
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed forgot again

tipu, what does PSF vit.C stand for? thank you Exclamation
aleetakline
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim

Thank you, I am going to buy it, but also want to purchase some of the others, just in case. I don't know how you get these online adresses on a page, but ever so grateful. I can just click on it.

I'm heading there now, will be back later Laughing God bless you
aleetakline
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:48 am      Reply with quote
tiger tim

hi, have some surprisingly bad news, I just left PHARMACY ONLINE, and their S&H charge was almost 1/2 of the cost of the products i wanted. that was in US dollars for both products and S&H. I've never seen charges that high before. Their product costs were very low, so for you it is an excellent place to shop.

Thank you for the suggestions Smile and please have an excellent holiday Exclamation Exclamation
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Also If you have any jars of half used face creams lying around that need using up, they make great handcreams Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
aleetakline,

PSF - Pure Skin Formulations:

http://www.psfskincare.com/vitCserum.htm

P.S. I had immediate results on my hands. You can ask PSF about samples, they are pretty generous about it.

Tipu

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lindarose.com/

It's a bit spendy, but this stuff really works well. I love the Hand Care System (skip the cuticle serum). I used this when my hands were constantly being dunked into chemicals and then washed repeatedly. My doctor and nurse friends love it.
niquidog

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
My hands get extremely dry during winter time. Since I have been using XERAND, cream for the hands which is not greasy from LA ROCHE-POSAY, 2 winters already, I have not longer this problem.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I too use La Roche Pasay, Xerands and like it alot. It also is water repellent so this helps with keeping moisture content in. I use this mainly during the day. At night I have started using a drop of pure Emu oil mixed with whatever hand cream I have in my bathroom (CO Bigleow quince hand cream from B&B or some Goat Milk hand cream from Evelyn and Crabtree). At first the mixture is a tad greasy but after a few minutes it absorbs nicely. I got the Emu oil from the Vitamin Shoppe and use this on my face as well. It does a nice job of moisturizing and is inexpensive--under $10.00. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever tried Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve? It is for all-day care for severly dry, active hands. It is a heavy-duty moisture treatment but leaves no greasy feeling on hands. Supporely it allows skin to draw and absorb water from the air, forming a "glove-like" protective barrier against moisture loss. Go to a Kiehl's store or counter to try it on Surprised

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |