Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

miessence products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
hello people! Very Happy
I've been interested in this line ever since my friend told me about it 4 months ago. Still haven't tried anything from them i'm waiting for the new site to come up. Have any of you tried the miessence product range? Looks very interesting as it's the only company in the world the has the USDA certification. I"m looking for a nice cleanser and moisturiser! thats all "natural" in this case organic. Which is a plus! I've been using just pure aloe gel on my skin and my skin is so much better when I don't "play" with it to much(retin-A 50% peels, acid this acid that). And i've noticed that most of these products are aloe based and don't have any parabens in them which I like.
Thanks for all your help guys. Exclamation Smile
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the products for about two months, since I became a Representative.
I've never tried anything like this before.
I have been going through the detox on my hair, removing all the silicone from other products I've used in the past. I was tempted to give up a few times, but I'm really glad I didn't. My hair is feeling really great now, with the exception of desperately needing a trim Very Happy .
Actually, I love every product I've used so far. The only complaint I've had is that the facial cleanser doesn't remove mascara too well. But I solved that by buying the Miessence mascara. heh.
www.bluecypressorganics.com
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the link.. i want to order now! but is it the packaging? the friend that told me about the line also is a rep... thanks for the info.. Very Happy
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
There are samples on the website now that are really inexpensive

http://www.bluecypressorganics.com
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I tried the shampoo and a neck serum product. Was allergic to both of them. I was very interested in it since it was organic and was looking to become a rep, but obviously can't now.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
skin adict wrote:
I tried the shampoo and a neck serum product. Was allergic to both of them. I was very interested in it since it was organic and was looking to become a rep, but obviously can't now.

It might be the nettle or horsetail. I looked at the ingredients of the serum and the shampoo and both contain those ingredients. You may just be allergic to one of them.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered some samples.
If anyone wants some, I will send them to you. Just let me know.
You can pick out which ones you want here:
http://www.onegrp.com/?bluecypress
melissajane
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use a couple of the miessence products. I have the conditioner which i dont like as it makes my hair a bit oily. But i love their deoderant which i have been using for months. I have the tahitian breeze smell in the roll on and its great. I have tried the toothpaste which is good if you like natural toothpastes (!!) and the concealer is good too but i bought the lightest colour and it is very white. I also have the bronzer but that doesnt seem to sit nicely on my skin as i dont really like any mineral makeup powders.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
melissajane wrote:
I use a couple of the miessence products. I have the conditioner which i dont like as it makes my hair a bit oily. But i love their deoderant which i have been using for months. I have the tahitian breeze smell in the roll on and its great. I have tried the toothpaste which is good if you like natural toothpastes (!!) and the concealer is good too but i bought the lightest colour and it is very white. I also have the bronzer but that doesnt seem to sit nicely on my skin as i dont really like any mineral makeup powders.

I have the conditioner. I only use it on the bottom half of my hair, to avoid the oiliness. I don't use much of it, because I have such thick hair and I'd be going through 3 bottles a month if i used as much as I normally would.
I bought the deoderant in ancient spice, but I haven't been using it much. I'm scared to wear it out of the house because I'm in fear that it won't hold up all day. Do you have to reapply or does it work all day?
I just bought the toothpaste. I really like that it's slightly abrasive. It makes my teeth feel really clean and smooth.
I haven't tried the concealer or the bronzer yet.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use the desert flower shampoo, I alternate between that and mastey. Its a nice shampoo,makes hair clean and soft.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use the desert flower also. I just tried one of my lemon myrtle samples tonight.
melissajane
5% products discount

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have the conditioner. I only use it on the bottom half of my hair, to avoid the oiliness. I don't use much of it, because I have such thick hair and I'd be going through 3 bottles a month if i used as much as I normally would.
I bought the deoderant in ancient spice, but I haven't been using it much. I'm scared to wear it out of the house because I'm in fear that it won't hold up all day. Do you have to reapply or does it work all day?
I just bought the toothpaste. I really like that it's slightly abrasive. It makes my teeth feel really clean and smooth.
I haven't tried the concealer or the bronzer yet.

I have found that the deoderant works pretty well. I take it with me in my handbag just incase i need to use it as it gets pretty hot down here. But i have been using natural deoderant with out any added chemicals for about 2 years now and i find that it takes your body a while to get used to them and not sweat so much, i used to sweat heaps when i used them but now it works fine.
The toothpaste was a bit too salty for me!! But must try to use it again!!
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Since your advice, I have started using it more regularly. I am liking it more and more each day.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I've tried MANY of their products...sadly sticked to none...I'm endorse an organic life-style, but can't stand behind the effectivness of the Miessence products, here's my experience:

The Deo was good, but I like the "Real Purity" brand deo better.

The Shampoo was ok too, nice citus smell, but runny and not very long-lasting (had to use alot of the product) the conditioner sucked, I use "Sea-Chi" treatment, "Druide" shine & volume shampoo and the "Simply Organics" line. They work for my dry, fragile hair to make it look AWSOME.

The tootpaste is VERY salty, the Anaise taste was ok- if you like licorice... I use "clenzology" and tea-tree oil for my teeth...sometimes Jasons toothpaste, but still have not found the perfect all natural tootpaste.

I used the entire skin-care line for oily skin...it sucked! It's still in my closet half-full. The only ok product was the toner, that was more like a gel. None of the products come close to the results I've gotten from my "Eminence" Sweet Red Rose Cleanser, Almond butter (or Dr. H CC), Tea tree and Ylan Ylang essential oils, and other products from "Shankara", "Devita", "Jurlique" and the "Dr. Hauschka" rythmic night conditioners.

As far as their make-up goes, I don't think I've ever used anything worse! The foundation makes me break out, is horrible in color and does not go on even, makes you look greasy and streaky, need I say more... The concealer is hard in consistency, the colors are very light- almost white...it just does not work. The rouge is almost ok, but shimmery and hard to apply, all very greasy. I only use "Jane Iredale" make-up, it's simply the best and natural (although not organic- if you want organic "Earth's Beauty" have the best I've tried).

All in all, if you have oily skin or large pored and your hair needs somewhat of extra care, don't even think about this line. If your skin is perfect, you're young, and your hair is naturally full and shiny with no split ends- go ahead, sample this line! But for us others that need alittle result from our natural skin-care, look up the other lines I've mentioned.

Hope this helps

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |