Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Good product for in between shampoo hair oilies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Great product that I recommend: Jason Baby Powder Tea Tree formula.

I have oily skin and thus an oily scalp. I still wash my hair every other day though when I can (i.e., when I don't exercise that day for instance and if I do, I try not to use too much shampoo) otherwise my hair dries out.

I would use Johnson's and Johnson's baby powder to take care of the oiliness. But I don't really like the smell of it in my hair (which I notice when I turn my head fast or something). So I tried Jason Baby Powder (all natural and talc free... you can find it at Whole Foods or online) and really like it. I think it works better than J and J's and it makes my hair smell fresh. Plus it's good for putting along the bikini line to prevent shafting irritation and ingrown hair formation.

*** I bought it online at http://www.vitacost.com when I ordered my vitamins. You should check out this website because so far to my knowledge it is the least expensive place to buy vitamins, all natural beauty products, homeopathy products, etc. PLUS, they charge a flat rate for shipping so you can totally load up and don't have to pay by the lb (pound). It is WAY(!) cheaper than Whole Foods and if you order a few things it is even more cost effective. Dancing You bargain hunters know what I mean! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem as you -- I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks for the site recommendation too, I'll check it out. Very Happy
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion! I've been using Klorane's Dry Shampoo spray and it's just way too hard to find/expensive. I'll be picking up a bottle of this next time im at Whole Foods!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked the other day at Whole Foods and it's just under $5. Not too bad.

You can get it for $3.09 in vitacost.com:

http://www.vitacost.com/JasonBodyPowder-TeaTree

but only buy it here if you plan to buy other stuff b/c you will pay well over the Whole Foods price by the time you pay for shipping. (It's only worth it if you buy other stuff.) Of course, there are other products that are still cheaper even including shipping than Whole Foods.

Also, keep in mind that the above link shows different labeling than what I actually got when I ordered it from here and from what I saw at Whole Foods. Must be new labeling. But it's the same product.

Let me know how you like it!!

Agave: I've tried the dry shampoo spray from Sebastian. Whatever. I guess it didn't work b/c my hair is too oily.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

Agave: I've tried the dry shampoo spray from Sebastian. Whatever. I guess it didn't work b/c my hair is too oily.

I bought the super expensive Lavett & Chin hair powder from beautyhabit and ugh... what a waste of money. It's just lavender/rose scented corn starch in a really messy and hard to use canister Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try this....anyone know where I can get it in Vancouver, British Columbia Confused
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:54 am      Reply with quote
How do you apply it? It seems it would be messy putting powder in your hair. I've never tried this but will have to now!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
How do you apply it? It seems it would be messy putting powder in your hair. I've never tried this but will have to now!

I just shake a little bit onto my hand and pat my head (or I will tap the powder bottle while holding it over my head; that way just a little bit comes out at a time) and kinda rub it in with my finger tips or comb it through to distribute it. Then I turn my head upside down and shake my fingers through my hair to shake out the excess.

Just make sure you shake out the excess so you don't have white-ish spots on your hair.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |