Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Essential Balm breakouts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
First new product I've tried in a while because it sounded so lovely. Now I'm breaking out. Has anyone else had breakouts with this product or a purge period?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am slightly breaking out now and my beloved essential balm doesn't seem to be touching it Crying or Very sad However, this is probably all due to my screwed up hormones...I have been off and on 3 different types of birth control pills the last year Confused
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey Annie... you might be useing too much of the balm, you really only need a minute amount. And are u useing an oil before the balm? I've found the balm works best applied after an oil...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
CBrooke I just posted on another thread about the birth control pill. I too am on the pill and have been since I was 16 (yes that's years ago Rolling Eyes Laughing ) I am religious when it comes to taking a vitamin B Complex, I go for a really high dosage one and have seen a huge improvement in my skin and moods Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the balm after cetaphil and Dr H CC. I am using such a teeny tiny amount like I've seen here (like this 00). It's not horribly broken out, just a couple here and there but enough to wonder what's going on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm still working on a large sample of EB that I ordered from Beautyhabit. Everytime I try it, I end up with small (but noticable) blackheads on my forehead. It just doesn't work for me. I have had great luck with Decleors oils. I guess its too heavy for me-even in the winter time.
Laura
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Well I've resigned myself to having an expensive cuticle and lip balm. I do love the feel and smell of it though. I can't do the OCM either, so I feel like I am missing out on so much you girls get to do!! Crying or Very sad Oh well, it gets me out of the bathroom and away from the mirror in a lot less time. The more time I spend there, the more flaws I find, and the more products I want to buy. Laughing My son thinks I should get a hobby, now that he's away in college and I don't even have his laundry to do. Guess I could just drive around campus looking for random kids to do their laundry for them (although I'd probably get arrested for that)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I can't do the OCM either, so I feel like I am missing out on so much you girls get to do!! Crying or Very sad )!

Hi, why can't you use the OCM? Do you have pimples from it? I have tried OCM and I had a few pimples, but I am not sure the OCM is the cause.I will try it again in a few days, because it is (as everyone said Wink) a very good way to clean your skin. As for the essential balm,you might be using too much of it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I broke out horribly from the OCM. I've tried it several different times hoping it was just bad timing, but no such luck. I am using just the tiniest bit of the essential balm but it seemed to clog my pores. I'll wait awhile and then try again sometime.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
You know...I've been breaking out too.

I started OCM and then decleor YY or Essential balms (I switch between the two) at night. I've been doing this for over a month and all of a sudden...I get breakouts around my face where I normally don't break out. And on my chin Crying or Very sad . I'm about to order some PSF stuff and get off of the OCM/essential balm kick for a while to see if it gets better. I'm just so sad because it just seems like an endless cycle/quest to have good skin Sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
[quote="jadette"] I'm about to order some PSF stuff and get off of the OCM/essential balm kick for a while to see if it gets better. I'm just so sad because it just seems like an endless cycle/quest to have good skin Sad[/quote

It is too bad that Ylang Ylang Balm and OCM didn't work for you. Are you sure its not a purging period you are experiencing?

About PSF...definately get the pumpkin peel mask and the oxygen serum. These two are my new favoriate skin products. They go so well together too

Surprised

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |