Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Facial wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Dear all,

I wash my face every morning followed with toner, serum and moisturiser.

For your information, I go to work from 8am until 6pm. So, after I reach home at 6.30pm, I wash my face again when I do my showering because I wash hair.

At night before going to sleep, I wash my face followed with toner, serum and mousturiser.

What I am confusing is can I just wash my face with facial cleanser at 6.30pm without doing the toner, serum and moisturiser?or any better solution?

I know my question is a little bit stupid, but I really hope anyone can give me your suggestions and opinions. please, appreciate.

thank you very much.

regards
handsbella
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Presuming that you would be removing make-up at the 6.30 cleansing I would probably say use a toner. Then just throw on a bit of moisturizer or serum (whichever is enough to keep the skin moist till bed).

You know there are a lot of masks out there that can be used "overnight" - why not get one of those and put that on after your 6.30 cleansing ... The Valmont renewal and Principal Secret um... Argireline one.. are two I know of you can do that with.. oh and Babor relaxing mask too!

Just out of curiosity, why do you fully cleanse the second time in the evening?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes I eould just follow with Toner. I can see the logic of washing as soon as you get home from work....like washing the day away Very Happy
Basically if your skincare routine is working for you then keep on with it, why change? There is never a right or wrong way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I always have that question too but my original question is "How often should I wash my face every day?" I remember reading a article by a dermatologist saying we should wash and nourish our face 3 times a day. I don't quite remember the detail but always wondering what should I do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I didnt use makeup. I clean my face at 6.30pm because of dirt or oily on my face after working for the whole day.

After 6.30pm, normally I will watch television program or surfing internet. Therefore, i have to wash my face again before sleep because I think watching the television or computer will have left something on my face. I will feel uncomfortable if I go to bed without facial wash after my television show.

That's why I am asking what can I put on my face after washing my face on 6.30pm? I think it is a waste for me to put the serum and moisturiser on 6.30pm and then wash them away on 11pm when I want to sleep.The serum and moisturiser only stay very short time on my face before i wash them away.

I think my situation looks very 'stupid' but I really need you all opinions and suggestions. Thank you very much.

regards
handsbella
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I always have that question too but my original question is "How often should I wash my face every day?" I remember reading a article by a dermatologist saying we should wash and nourish our face 3 times a day. I don't quite remember the detail but always wondering what should I do.

My dermatologist told me not to wash my face more than twice a day. I would consider three times a day over-cleaning, which might do more harm than good. I use cetaphil for sensitive skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I think watching the television or computer will have left something on my face.

i'm confused. what could these two things deposit on your face?

sorry if i don't understand

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
Quote:
I think watching the television or computer will have left something on my face.

she doesn't want to worry about the dirt/oil she's left on her face WHILE she's watching tv or on the computer. she's not saying that the tv is making her face dirty.

if she makes the decision to NOT wash her face at 6:30 (saving the routine for bedtime) then she'll just be thinking for 5 hours about the dirt she hasn't washed away.

i'm pretty sure that's what you meant handsbella. i've also wondered about the same thing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
jamie630 wrote:
rosyface wrote:
Quote:

she doesn't want to worry about the dirt/oil she's left on her face WHILE she's watching tv or on the computer. she's not saying that the tv is making her face dirty.

if she makes the decision to NOT wash her face at 6:30 (saving the routine for bedtime) then she'll just be thinking for 5 hours about the dirt she hasn't washed away.

i'm pretty sure that's what you meant handsbella. i've also wondered about the same thing.

yes, Jamie. That is what I mean. That's why I need you all opinions on what to put on my face on my 6.30pm facial wash. Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |