Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My chinchilla is sick AGAIN
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey,

Some of you might remember that this time last year my lil chinchilla named Baby got sick and stopped eating...Well, he's sick again. This time his teeth overgrew and the vet had to go in and cut them. I'm once again syringe feeding and playing nurse with the lil guy.

You can see a pic of him (and my others) here..
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=chinchilla&start=25

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh lianne, I'm so sorry your little friend is ill again. You're so good to take such care of him. I hope your nursing helps and he's better soon. Is this a common ailment for chinchillas? Does he resist your efforts?

One of my kitties was also sick this last year (renal failure) and with some IV fluids, he bounced back for a while. But we've had to resume the treatments these last couple of weeks -- I guess some of our furry friends just need extra TLC.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
lianne he's adorable Very Happy I love all fury little animals and have pestered for a Chinchilla for a while now. I'm so sorry he's poorly, hang on in there, they never forget all the care ou give them when they are ill. Our cat had a radical personality transformation, she went from a grumpy little cat to extremely affectionate after we had nursed her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

April, he doesn't resist too much. He has learned how to spit out his medicine but he takes his food pretty well. He's a sweet, gentle lil guy.

He doesn't seem to be doing so great today, he's still drooling like crazy. He was supposed to go to the vet on wednesday but I think I'll take him in tomorrow. He keeps rubbing his mouth like there's something wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Poor little guy - I hope it's not long before he's feeling better. I'm sure the extractions were painful and will take a while to heal. Maybe he's wondering where his teeth went -- and when he can eat normal food again!

I've noticed with Bustopher, when he's really feeling bad, it's easier to administer meds and other treatments, but as he recovers, he's quite difficult to manage. I've given him pills and held his mouth closed for 10-15 minutes and can't believe it when I let go and he spits them out.

Good luck, lianne!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Your cat sounds like my chin Duster...when he had his surgery I had to syringe feed him. I would wrap him up tight in a towel and get about .5 ml of food into him. I was having to feed him 25 ml of food per day...it was a full time job. Then one day (after 3 months) he just snapped out of it.

Most chinchillas will eat within a day or two of having their teeth trimmed down. It's not like he has no teeth left Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
The towel technique sounds interesting -- I'll give it a try. Thanks lianne!!!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
you'd think it would be easier to deal with a cat then a lil spazzy rodent. lol

Baby's the same...no better...no worse today

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry Baby hasn't improved yet. I hope he'll recover soon! But I wanted to thank you for mentioning the towel bit -- I tried it today with Bustopher and things went much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue to work. I've had to discard so many needles because of his squirming and causing them to come out of his skin (can't re-stick him or else I'd be exposing him to possible infection). I was just thinking I needed to go to the animal hospital and buy some more, but if this technique keeps working I won't have to bother.

Good luck with Baby, and thanks again lianne Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
No problem April. you're lucky the needle hasn't broken off under the skin. lol. You should be able to get the needles from your local pharmacy. I buy the syringes without the needle to feed Baby...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |