Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
C serum and pregnancy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've looked around and can't find a thread that helps me with this. Is it okay to use a C serum such as Celex C while pregnant or trying to get pregnant?

And while I'm thinking about it what about the Kinerase products?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Ok, dont quote me but.... I would seriously feel that using topical vitamin C serum would be ok regarding use during( or whilst trying!) pregnancy because it is in so many of the foods we try to particularly eat during that time for health's sake anyway... not a "foreign" substance unknown to the body naturally, if you know what I mean. Provided it is a simple Vitamin C preparation... depends I guess if it is a more complex chemical cocktail! It is a water soluable ( not fat soluable like Vitamin A which should not be used in pregnancy because it can accumulate) vitamin that is processed quite quickly through the kidneys and excreted when in excess. Applying a skin serum of Vit C is unlikely to be in a quantity that would rival a simple over the counter Vit C tablet that one takes... or the quantity in a multi vitamin tab even, is it?

Kinerase however is more of an unknown quantity .... it is supposed to influence skin cell's growth at a molecular level and that isn't something that has been around for 30 years in the cosmetic industry to be guaranteed safe after time extended research, I personally would be more careful with that one perhaps.

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see why not.. as long as you're using it on your face and not rubbing it on your belly or anything because I wouldnt' know what would happen if you do.. It's kind of like asking if its okay to put moisturizer or use cleanser during pregnancy!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
If you have concerns, you should make an appointment with a dermatologist and ask all the questions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info everyone. Smile I'm just sort of the exploratory stage of questions. It would never have even occurred to me actually until I found out about the Vitamin A in Retinol of my beloved green cream being a no no, so it just made me wonder about other things that you never think twice about really. Looking on the web usually is a bust giving me tons of info that I wasn't searching for, but I figured one of the gurus on here probably knew. It gets so confusing. I even wonder how long Retinol is supposed to stay in your bloodstream. Are you supposed to quit it months before or just just when you start trying? Complicated chemical world. I will get some expert info if I get past the point of thinking about thinking about it. Real decisive that's me. Rolling Eyes
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:09 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome! More importantly... good luck with the trying for a baby (have fun! hehe)...it's a lovely time of life...Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Since being pregnant, I have been looking up absolutely everything now that I apply. Vitamin A, tretinoin, Retin A and retinols are a big no no topically/internally when pregnant. But basically the research was based on Accutane(internal tretinoin), and there was no proper research based on retin A topically.

There never seem to be any real answers or proper research on topicals, because hardly any tests can be done on pregnant women(understandably). Even anything I ask my OB, she always opts for the "there is not any research regarding it, so it's better not to."
I use a combo serum on my face that has vitamin C, and it's about 5%. I was using Vivier C which I think was about 10%, but decided to cut down. My guideline is use any of my lotions/potions,etc in modesty.

Another interesting research I stumbled upon is intake of vitamin C internally during the 2nd/3rd trimester of pregnancy was discovered to increase wheezing in the children when they were 2 yrs of age. Odd, huh??

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be careful to look at all of the ingredients in the serum, however, vitamin c in and of itself should be fine during pregnancy -- always helps to ask your doctor though!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, chimera is right! You should ask your doctor about the ingredients of the cream before you use it. It is too much at risk if you use the wrong product.
Good luck Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |