Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Dryness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
After my shower at night whre i use cetaphil+ DHCC My skin gets very dry. I put ACV toner and then Vitamin C serum on it, and spot treah with Retin-A. Is the dryness good or bad?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
For a 15 year old boy, you really scare me. I have never seen a young boy like yourself ask so many questions about skincare.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is dry it might be the cold weather or too much exfoliation. Put some moisturizer on and/or skip Dr. HCC for a couple of days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Skincare - There is nothing 'scary' about it. Teenage boys are bombarded with the same unrealistic body images today that teen girls are. This is a wonderful forum full of sweet people that don't judge. Where else can one ask those awful pimple and wrinkle questions? Smile I have found EDS welcomes all who want to learn and I don't want to see a member run off and not ask questions because of insensitive comments. Please remember that is it difficult to convey meaning on a post. You may not have meant to come across in a sarcastic or condesending way, but without actually answering the question and just posting a snippy response that is how it sounds (at least to me). Perceptions are hard to anticipate with typed words.

Enough of my rant: Google 5 - I second Wild Cat. Use a nice moisturizer. As a teen, the only moisturizer I found that didn't sting while using Retin-A (during the initial dry phase) was the Estee Lauder Future Perfect. I don't know if they still make it and many OTC moisturizers have come a long way since then.
Also, be sure to wait the full 20-30 minutes after your shower BEFORE applying the Retin-A. It has been awhile since I have used it, but back in the dark ages the skin had to be completely dry otherwise, the skin dried and cracked something fierce. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Yeah i have like a new random red mark on me from this dryness :\ (on my face) why do these come? my red blotch just started to fade then i got like 2 more..
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
As a 23 year old bloke I thinks its amazing that youve started looking after your skin at your age - I only wish I did!! Stick with it - dont let people tell you otherwise. Deanne123 is completely spot on. It may not be the socially appropriate thing to look after your skin when your a bloke - but we still have to look at images of celebrities and models in GQ just as women do, so any help is a blummin good thing!! Laughing

I cant answer your question, but I just had to say that!

Just to let everyone know - im sorry ive been away for such a long time, my work has completely removed me from life - but I just come off from a fantastic holiday which has done me the world of good and im ready to tackle life anew.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have experience with Retin-A but I do get dry skin sometimes. I found that Cetephil cleanser dried me out sometimes so you may want to try using DHCC everyother night and using cetephil moisturizer (minus spf) at night. I know that has gotten me through the winters more than once!

Good luck with your search! And I think it is great that you are concerned about your skin! Keep up the good work! It was years before I took care of my skin and I wished I would have started sooner! You are that much further ahead of the game.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I like the rejuvenating mask by Dr. H. You can wear it as a moisturizer at night and it helps diminish acne scars as well as moisturize.

Ive heard of a few people say that Dr H CC caused dryness the first few times they used it, but after continuous use...their skin adjusted to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
my skin looks really bad in different lighting :\

But do you think the dryness could cause more blotches?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Google5,
dryness is not good and it indeed might cause more blotches. Please moisturize your skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
every other night just use DHCC? since it is winter and my skin is very dry? i can feel the difference from summer now since its basically just starting of winter.

going outside is good for your skin too, but what about going out in this cold weather?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Don't use Dr. HCC every night. Just every other night after cetaphil. See how your skin feel. You don't have a moisturizer? Going outside without proper moisturizing the skin can dry out. Skin require some protection from the Harsh weather.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think i have a moisturizer. I use ACV toner, DHCC, cetaphil, vitamin c serum, duac, retin A... hmm...
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
You need to find a good and cheap moisturizer from the drug store. For example, dove, cetaphil, oil of olay are not bad. You apply moisturizer after your c-serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:
Quote:
As a 23 year old bloke I thinks its amazing that youve started looking after your skin at your age - I only wish I did!! Stick with it - dont let people tell you otherwise. Deanne123 is completely spot on.

Ditto to farouk and Deanne123. I have a 15 yr. old son, and his skin is important to him. He knows that I'm discreet, I won't judge and I'm here to help him, so he feels comfortable approaching me. (I'm so grateful that he trusts me)

google5--I can relate....my skin becomes much more dry during the winter months. The air in my house is also much dryer, so I use a heavy duty humidifier in my home....great for indoor plants, great for skin and even my wood floors! I'm using Retin-A as well, for anti-ageing purposes. You may want to experiment and cut back to every other day with a product or two, and add a moisturizer. Once your "adjusts" to the moisturizer, you may want to attempt to build back up to your routine. I use my C serum in the AM, before I moisturize, and apply my retin-A product at night. I absolutely adore Dr. H's Rose Cream, but if you don't want something that rich, you may want to try the Quince cream or regular moisturizer in the Dr. H line.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Well this is my shecdule as of now:

Morning -
Shower(weekends - shower then ACV toner after shower)
After school -
ACV
Duac
Before Bed
Shower (in shower, cetaphil, dhcc, might cut back but not sure whitch one)
ACV wait till dry.
Vitamin C wait till dry
10 mins after dry spot treat Retin-A Every other night.

So i have to cut back on whitch one? DHCC? every other night? or none until winter ends? or do i need to go out and buy something else?

How about this cleanser?
Triaz (6% bezoyl peroxide (bad spelling)) cleanser is a mild low foaming cleanser. wet skin and apply to areas to be cleansed, massages gently into skin for 10-20 secs working into a full lather, rinse throughly, pat dry. Wash affected areas once of tiwce daily. if drying occurs it may be controlled by rinsing cleanser off sooner or by using less often. havnt tried it yet. but my sister did and she said it worked.
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Why not use the same cleanser everyday to see if it's good for you? If your skin feels tight from the dryness, I would put some heavy moisturizer on it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Google5,
slow down Dr. HCC and just use cetaphil for a couple of days and start Dr. HCC every other day. You do not need to buy another cleanser. What is need is a drug store well formulated moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have this:
Avon Skin-So-Soft
Mositurizing body lotion
"Light and lush"

But i dont know if it will clog my pores....

says body lotion, so not face i guess? Confused
it has a skittles like scent hehe
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with that body lotion you have. But, I tend not to use body lotion as moisturizer for my face. If you are not willing to buy a new moisturizer, maybe you can try it. Just monitor how your skin feels and look.
Do you still apply sunscreen during the day? If you do, that would provide some moisture for the day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
no, :\. i dont have time.
But should i just goto my local drug store/CVS and look for one?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
If you are suffering from breakouts you should be cautious as to what moisturizer you choose. Many moisturizers contain oils which will cause more breakouts and clog the pores. Search for a moisturizer that is oil-free

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Google, you should look for one that have an oil-free version. Like Cetaphil, Dove, etc.

You should always wear sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
ok got one, how does this sound?

Aveeno
Positively Radiant CLEANSER (Smile)
Brings out skins natural radiance. Helps even skin tone and texture. on the back... Oil-Free hypoallergenic Soap-Free - Noncomedogneic

When would i put this in my schedule, at night instead of the DHCC or after all that?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Google5,
You got another cleanser. There is nothing wrong with just using cetaphil to clean your face. If you would like, use this new cleanser instead of Dr. HCC on certain nights.

However, this new cleanser might not help with your dryness, since winter is so harsh.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |