Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
jaw line breakouts and scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
soradical

Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
hi-i'm new to this forum but have been ordering from EDS for the past few months. I'm very pleased to see the variety of products lines carried. I don't know if this is an answerable question or not but I seem to be breaking out along my jawline quite a bit ... and I'm noticing that it is starting to scar as well ... I have been using the MD formulations Clearing Complex, and I'm not entirely convinced that it's really working but does seem to have helped a bit.

Upon reading the other reviews, I have ordered a couple of Yonka products and am looking forward to trying them out.

I guess I'm looking for something to control and/or prevent the breakouts ... but it seems like I'll be needing something for the scarring too, any suggestions?
lizsimone

Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am experiencing problems somewhat like yours. I am also using the clearing complex but it helps just a bit. I also use the cleanser that contains glycolic acid. I was told that glycolic acid based products helps in fading scars but looks like my scars are getting darker & far more obvious. I like you also want the same solutions to our problems.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by soradical
I seem to be breaking out along my jawline quite a bit ... and I'm noticing that it is starting to scar as well ...
I guess I'm looking for something to control and/or prevent the breakouts ...

Hi Soradical,

I am also prone to getting the pimples along the jawline and like you and Lizsimone, once they clear they leave a dark "scar" that tends to annoyingly stick around for more than it's welcome to Mad! I have Asian skin and when my pimples dry up it leaves an unsightly brown mark. But what I've found is that in just keeping up my daily skincare routine, the mark will fade and eventually disappear altogether. So it WILL fade eventually-- just requires a little patience. CoolCool I used to have a dedicated glycolic routine as well but for the effort, I didn't really see a marked difference in fading the marks quickly. I wouldn't be too concerned about using a product to get rid of the scar, just keep up your usual cleansing, exfoliating moisturising routine and you'll find the scar will go away. It's essential that you have a dedicated use of a sunscreen AT ALL TIMES, as the sun can actually darken the marks.

As for prevention-- I found that when I'm stressed at work I tend to rest my chin on my hands and unknowingly my fingers are touching my jawline. It's a habit-- we all invariably touch our chin, our foreread, the area around our mouths....I work in a helpdesk environment where hot-desking is typical, meaning that we share our desks and as I am never at my own desk, using my own keyboard it can make for a very UNHYGIENIC area to work in. I make sure I go over every surface with anti-bacterial iso-wipes before I work at the desk (it's incredible the stuff that comes out of those keyboards- food crumbs, hair and other gross particals-- SurprisedSurprised YUKKKK) but STILL you can imagine the germs on your fingertips!!! So I'm conscious to NEVER touch my face at all at work if I can help it. It's an indirect prevention measure but a pretty effective one as I have found! :PWink

summertimegirl xx Very Happy

PS. I've heard some pretty good things about the Yonka products too, in particulare the Yonka Gommage Clarifying Peel for Dry or Sensitive skin... would love to hear your thoughts on it if that's the one you've ordered from EDS. cheers again!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Also, a very WARM WELCOME! to the forum!!Very Happy You'll find this is the best one to share all your skincare woes, queries and get info on products you want to try from the members' experiences as well as get advice from our trained professionals Magda and Casper's Mum.

You'll love it and learn a lot, I know I have! Wink
Mabsy

Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought, but if you have short-ish hair then the breakouts could be caused by your hair care products (if you have a hair style where your hair often touches the sides of your face). I have no idea what your hair looks like of course but I just wanted to make you aware of that possibility Smile

What Summertime wrote about touching your face and resting your chin on your hands (Guilty! *raises hand*) is a very good point! I wish I could break that habit! Sad

Mabsy
soradical

Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually stopped touching my chin because I realized that working on a keyboard at work couldn't be that hygenic ... I've also gotten into the habit of tying my hair back because I thought it was my hair touching my jawline that cause the breakouts ... but I've accepted that it's just part of the hormonal cycle or something.

I am finding this site very helpful ... and I'm tempted to try so many different things.

Thanks again!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |