Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! What ever happened to Dewey skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scampergirl

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm new here on this forum...and all I can say is WOW...fab info on here (even though I've never even heard of some of these products). Confused

Anyone have any great product suggestions for dry dehydrated skin? This cold weather combined with the heat in my house is wrecking havoc on my skin! I've tried different moisturizers (mostly from Walgreens), nothing works..and on top of that..its making me get little tiny breakouts on my chin! Ugh! What am I doing wrong? Anyone know of any products that make you wake up with Dewey skin? I'm ready for the "Big Guns"!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm having luck with Camellia Oil, followed by Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream at the moment. I also highly rate Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough for dry skin.

Two of the best I've found, though, are also some of the most expensive (hence I can't use them!) - Crème de la Mer and Chantecaille's Bio-dynamic Lifting Cream.

Make sure you exfoliate regularly (say once a week) to get rid of any flaky skin and to let your moisyuriser absorb more effectively.)
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Try the Dr Hauschka skin care regime, it's worth trying the tester kit for dry skin:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-daily-face-ca-p_2941.htm

Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
[quote="rosebud"]Try the Dr Hauschka skin care regime, it's worth trying the tester kit for dry skin:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-daily-face-ca-p_2941.htm[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to give some of these suggestions a try! (Except the Creme de la Mer, I'd have to sell my jewelry!)
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
The best facial moisturizer I've used is Dr. H's Rose Cream. I'm 43 and my skin has been on the dry side of normal since I can remember. The last few years, due to age and hormones, my skin does not maintain the moisture I could once correct with a standard moisturizer. Since I've been using a combination of Dr. H Rose cream mixed with just one or two tiny drops of camellia oil or squalene, my skin is plumped up and stays moist for nearly an entire day.

For the past six months or so, I've also been using a vit c serum and alphaderma CE daily, which I strongly believe, have also helped with my skin's elasticity, and tone. I also use Renova at night during the winter months, which adds to my challenge of hydrating and maintaining moisture in my skin. So the rose cream mixed with drop of oil has absolutely given my skin a boost, and it's actually maintaining moisture, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

OCM--oil cleansing method--I normally use a mild creamy cleanser, but after reading the wonderful reviews on OCM, I've been cleansing with a mixture of grapeseed oil, squalene, extra-virgin olive oil with a bit of castor oil and a couple of drops of ylang ylang oil. (I've read that the castor oil is better for combo skin, so I use a minimal amount of this. I think my skin is loving this. I've gotten a couple of teeny spots on my nose, but they lasted only a day.

Lengthy post, but it helps. (I just can't seem to write a sentence or two when I post a reply....)
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with the Dr. H rose day cream. It's rich and hydrates your skin the whole day plus i havent noticed any breakouts from it either

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr. H Rose Cream and a couple drops of Jojoba oil or Avocado oil (if its really cold out). It leaves me dewy not oily...love it.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using the L'Occitane Immortelle dry oil (used night only). Oooh... yummy!! Very very hydrating (or maybe I am using a bit too much Laughing )

Keep a spritz bottle handy too. OUr office heating would wither a baby, so I spritz every hour with Shu Uemura Depsea water (my new fav.)
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Quote:
I just started using the L'Occitane Immortelle dry oil (used night only). Oooh... yummy!! Very very hydrating (or maybe I am using a bit too much )

Keep a spritz bottle handy too. OUr office heating would wither a baby, so I spritz every hour with Shu Uemura Depsea water (my new fav.)

The L'Occitane Immortelle dry oil is tempting....I think I'll have to stop by the retail shop that sells it and take a look. (L'Occitane is one of the few non Estee Lauder companies that is available where I live. It's always better to see and try the products before purchasing....the nearest Sephora is a five hour drive for me!)

I can relate to the dry office air. I add to the dryness in my office with my mini space heater. I use it year round....cold in the winter, but freezing air conditioning makes it colder during the summer months!) The only face spritzer I've used is MAC Fix+ and one that I've made myself with rose water and a bit of avocado and grapeseed oil. I'll have to check out the Shu product. Can you lightly spritz this over foundation?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |