Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
cortisone cream - pain gone, bump still there
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Just had a question about what to do for a couple of pimples. After visiting the b -- i mean dermatologist (which I'll go into later) she said to use hydrocortisone cream twice a day on the spots for three days. I gave it a try since I had read about someone on the forum doing this. The results, however, aren't what I expected. It's definitely dried up the area and I've been trying to keep it as moisturized as possible. After the cream soaks in, I waited a couple hours and then put on neosporin w/ a bandaid (great advice from carekate - surprise surprise). The good thing is that the pressure and painfulness is gone -- but that's about it. They're still red and they're still big bumps. The skin is peeling and on one of them, it's a whitehead. All that disappeared was the pain. What should I do? I'd like for the redness, swelling, and pus inside to be gone. What should I treat the mark with after the bump is gone?

Now about that freaking dermatologist. I wanted to go because I had three big zits (two were right on top of each other and the other was next to them) on my chin and I could see they were just going to get bigger and more painful because they hadn't developed whiteheads yet. So I wanted to get a cortisone shot because someone posted that it dries up the zit and after a day, it falls off. However, the derm was cautious and said that it wasn't HUGE enough and I'd be risking an indentation in my skin. So that's where the cream suggestion came in. She gave me a sample and proceeded to ask me what I was using on my face...

her: So are you on any prescribed medications or creams?
me: No, nothing prescribed, but I'm using this stuff called Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream.
her: Well do you want try some samples or have me write you a prescription?
me: No thanks.
her with a look of disgust: Really? Because your face doesn't look so hot. Just looking at you, I don't think it's doing anything.

uhh..

me containing my anger: Well right now, I'm breaking out because I'm in the purging period that everyone experiences using it.
her: *scoff and laugh* Okay, whatever you say.

I'M SO EFFING HAPPY MY INSURANCE CAN COVER INSULTS!!! THANKS!!!

Infuriated, I went to the front counter to pay and to also stuff into my purse half their samples of Avene emolliant bath and La Roche-Posay makeup remover. Soooo I pretty much took as much as I could fit in my purse Laughing Hmm, so what should I do with them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...maybe it is just me but the derm sounds pretty ok to me. She did offer to give you samples to try and such. I would say if you are not happy with her, try to find a different derm.

As for the pimples, have you tried any product with bp or bha?

Hope the red bumps go away soon.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |