Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip Fusion XL w/ HA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the new Lip Fusion XL w/ HA.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I didn't even know they'd improved it! Where do you get your 'inside' info?! I think you were the first one who found out about the LipFusion lip liners, too....

I'm going to try and hold out on this one for a while, so please make sure you give us the low-down and let us know if it's worth the fifty bucks!

5% products discount

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
SEPHORA!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I just read the info on this and it sounds GREAT! I just wish it wasn't $50! Shock I'd like to hear some reviews before I spend that kind of mula, especially since I just broke the bank on Christmas gifts.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it last night on Sephora. It is supposed to be here by the 24th.

At least it will be free to try it out! I didn't want to order it, but the pills and Lip Fusion both work.... so a duo sounded perfect.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I know it's absolutely killing me I want to buy it so bad! Urgh, maybe my boyfriend got me a Sephora gift certificate so that I can get it this weekend. If so, I'll be posting my review next week sometime. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Sad
Vicknew
5% products discount

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Lip Fusion XL is a new product for the “Spring” season therefore it will be on the floor only after the Holydays or the end of January, when “Fall “ season is officially over.
You might get lucky if you live in NY City. Try Sephora on the Time Square in the theater district, this particular store gets new products first.
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo! I just purchased the 'origional' LipFusion (not the new XL) awhile back and I love it!

This one sounds interesting, but does anyone know if HA works better taken internally, or applied topically?

Taken internally, it also helps hair and nails and joints. Smile

Rina
Vicknew
5% products discount

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just called to Sephora on Times Square; they have Lip Fusion XL on the floor.

Address: 1500 Broadway, NY, NY
Cross-Streets: On Broadway between West
43 rd & 44 th Str.

If you don’t like it you can return any time.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I received it today!!!! Too soon to see if it works. I don't like the fact that the tube is silver. You can't see how much is in there or how much you have left!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl - any more info on this new version? I'm assuming you haven't had spectacular *instant* results or we would have heard something by now. And if you have, please share! Very Happy I'm holding off on using my Sephora gift certificate until I find out more.

Has anyone else tried it yet either?
Epiphany

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the original version worked...but I do like this one better. I like the scent better, and I love the way it feels--I don't think it's as sticky as the original.

I've been using it for about a week now and I really think it's made a difference in my lips being softer and more plump around the edges. I think the effects of this are similar to the plumper by Freeze, except it doesn't sting as much and smells nicer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Epiphany wrote:
I thought the original version worked...but I do like this one better. I like the scent better, and I love the way it feels--I don't think it's as sticky as the original.

I've been using it for about a week now and I really think it's made a difference in my lips being softer and more plump around the edges. I think the effects of this are similar to the plumper by Freeze, except it doesn't sting as much and smells nicer!

Thanks for the review! So would you say it's worth the $50? That still seems like a lot to me for something good, but not GREAT! Surprised
Epiphany

Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Tam! Smile

Honestly...I wouldn't pay $50 for it (been using the tester at work every morning since it came out, that's how I know how it works Wink ).

I would just rather buy some facial care product with that money! I mean it's still lip gloss...but it is very nice, so if $50 is no biggie to you, then yes, it's a nice buy.

The other thing is, the results are (obviously) only temporary...and I would hate to get hooked on such an expensive lip product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
blissgirl wrote:
This one sounds interesting, but does anyone know if HA works better taken internally, or applied topically?
The answer to that question is an emphatic YES!!! Follow this link to find out just how well HA taken internally works! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&highlight=eureka

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sort of a new poster here, but have been lurking for a while.
I bought the Lipfusion XL a few days before Christmas. I am IN Love with it Razz
Just had to share, because IMO, it is better than the original Lipfusion which I have been using for about 6 weeks. I use it at night, and my lips are considerably plumper in a.m., then I apply it again right after my shower in the a.m.

Throughout the day, I reapply the regular Lipfusion in either Clear or Sexy, and sometimes the VL Gel Stain.

My only complaint is that for the money, the regular Lipfusion should do what the Lipfusion XL does. I never want to run out of either. Makes my lips smooth and comfortable. And, if you get it at Sephora, you can return it anytime.

Expensive: Yes, but this is all I will probably ever use on my lips anymore. I love how Lipfusion makes my lips feel, and I am a huge sceptic.

HTH's someone. Wink
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I got this on Friday when I was at my local Sephora picking up “CP” items for a couple of EDS members, and I have to say that I am completely UNDERWHELMED by this so-called “new and improved” LipFusion formula.

I dunno, maybe I’m spoiled because I’ve seen the extraordinary results from taking the “revolutionary” hyaluronic acid and (Biocell Type II) collagen *orally* via the Source Natural nutritional supplements, but – unless the LipFusion XL has some hereforto undiscovered long-term, cumulative benefits – I have to say that if you already own a tube of original LipFusion (clear or colored) then you should save your fifty bucks and blow it on something else because the “improved” version doesn’t seem to work any better than the original $38USD gloss, or even the ‘imposter’ Sally Hansen “Lip Inflation,” does.

If you’ve never tried LipFusion before, and money is no object, I reckon you’ll be pleased and impressed enough with the XL version, but I cannot – in good conscience – recommend this to my fellow lip plumping product devotees as a sound investment because, IMHO, it doesn’t work any better then the original.

Perhaps if I was a lip plumping neophyte, who had yet to experience the *true* secret to fuller lips via the HA/collagen pills, I might be more impressed with this next generation of LipFusion but unfortunately I found it to be a complete let-down. Perhaps I’m being greedy, but I was definitely expecting a lot more for fifty bucks!

Bottom line: I’ll be returning my LipFusion XL on my next trip to Sephora and will instead take that money and apply it toward that other obscenely-priced product that I’ve been lemming since I first read about it last November, the $150.00USD eyelash growth serum from Jane Marini.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
LMAO carekate! I did the same thing but on Saturday. However, I actually really like this one. Maybe since my regular lipfusion was getting old it just wasn't working that well lately, but when I put on the XL, my lips became larger than they ever have with the regular. I find that this one tingles a bit more than the other, although it goes away as well after a few minutes. Perhaps that small ingredient change accounts for the difference in me, who knows.

I also used it for the first time last night as a lip treatment and this morning my lips were 100% full, but I wouldn't say they were much larger than my normal lip size. Instead my lips were completely full and smooth..no lines. So I think I'll be keeping mine and see how I like it over the long run.

Of course, the regular may have worked as a night "treatment" as well but I never tried it that way before. Either way my last tube still hasn't run out and I bought it I think in August. So 6 months use of any product at $50 is only $8 a month and I can definitely justify that with this. By the way I also tried the aquaphor/sugar as a lip exfoliant and really liked it!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate & TamGirl. I think I'll stick with the original Lipfusion, and spend the extra $14 on the HA/collagen supplements as that combo seems to be working very well for me. Also the new Sally Hansen Lip Inflation really smoothes out the lines and give my lips that pillowy look. I use LipFusion in the morning, after lunch and before bed, and then if I need a touch up during the day I use the Sally Hansen lip inflation.

I guess I'll never have Angelina Jolie lips, but I'm pretty happy with the fullness and the smooth, lineless look of my lips with the above combo.

Lori

5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
kinda off topic, but for anyone using the HA/collagen supplements, about how long did it take to notice results, and also, has anyone noticed any cumulative benefits with the LipFusion?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
mildlyobsessive wrote:
kinda off topic, but for anyone using the HA/collagen supplements, about how long did it take to notice results...?
If you are taking the correct doseage, you will notice results immediately. May I direct your attention to the massive "Eureka" thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&highlight=eureka One page 12 of this thread, you'll find a post from me directed to someone named "ThatGirl" where I give the lowdown on brands/doseage, etc.:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eureka&start=275

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I noticed fuller lips the first morning after taking the Source Naturals HA/Collegan the night before.

As for cumulative results of Lip Fusion.....I have not noticed any. Howwver, I've only been using it for a couple weeks. But I was hoping that by using it regularly the plump would last the 48 hours they advertise. NOPE. Still only 4 hours or so.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are going to be the death of me, land me in divorce court or bankruptcy! <sp?>

I don't even want to admit what I've spent on products since finding this little forum. Rolling Eyes

But - in re:to the LipFusion. I enjoy the product, little gummy, but love the tingle. Anyway, after reading some posts here last night I tried as someone else had stated about applying at night b4 bed. I have to admit, was the probably the best this product ever worked for me!! My lips were softer and a bit fuller esp. my top lip, for whatever reason, and the lines on my top lip were diminished.

Won't be purchasing another plumper til this one is gone. Heading to Walgreens tomorrow for more uncoated asprin, castor oil and HA caplets. Ok - maybe will grab the sally hanson plumper while I'm there <shhhh, don't tell on me!>. Silenced

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody!!!

I did you want to give an update on the item I discovered until I had really used it!

The package does day to use this only at night! I do think it may be better than the orignal Lipfusion. It's not as sticky and does not make your lips white.

I can tell a difference in my top lip for sure! I also think this has made my lips have more natural color!

This time last year I didn't have any lips, now thanks to the HA pills and lipfusion, I have people asking me what have I had done. It's funny because I'm only 20 but everybody thinks I have already had "work" done! I never reveal my secret about the pills because no one would believe me.

Does anyone know if this one lasts 48 hours as well?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
...Heading to Walgreens tomorrow for more uncoated asprin, castor oil and HA caplets.
FYI - the kind of castor oil that you can get at Walgreens isn't ideal for use on the face because it is heat manufactured, which destroys all of the benefits of castor oil. It is best to use only castor oil that is obtained via the "cold-press" method, and typically you're only going to find oils manufactured that way from health food stores like Whole Foods or Sun Harvest.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |