Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Bags Under Eyes!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All!!!

I've just noticed lately, every time I have my period, it seems I have bags ( OH! NO...) under my eyes. Anybody has experienced this ...problematic coincidence. And Mabsy, how are you enjoying Cellcosmet Eye Cream, do you think it's quite rich for us, do you think it will help get rid of bags as well as dark circles under eyes. And how do you use the two eye ptds in the Xmas special, which one for daytime and which one for night...which one is your favorite...Sorry...Too curious...Too many questions...Hope you don't mind...Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Leila! Smile

I read that under eye bags can caused by fluid retention and IS directly related to premenstral bloating. Also, if you are on medications, some can cause fluid problems as well-- so just wondering if you've been on medication for your flu last week that could be the cuprit! BTW, I hope you are feeling better now, have missed you on the forum too! Wink
Regarding the bloating, I heard that tea was a natural diuretic (the substance that makes you pass fluid more in the toilet) so when I get my monthlies, drinking herbal teas helps a lot, not to mention help ease the cramps a little! My cramps sometimes render me bed-ridden, they are THAT bad! Besides feeling generally bloated and blah-- my ankles bloat, my tummy bloats and so do my under-eye bags so I share your experience, however my sypmtoms are probably worse than yours excerbated by doing night shift and not getting proper rest at the right times. Sad

I'm dying to get a hold of the Cellcosmet Contour Eye cream now, have you got it or had a try of the sample? Mabsy has said it's overtaken her PTR Power K in the ranks but I would love to know if Cellcosmet gets rid of bags as well as dark circles too! ....speaking of Mabs, I haven't seen my fellow Aussie in the last few days--Hope she's not sick-- I know she was planning to hand in her thesis before Xmas so she could be busy in the books Very Happy

summertimegirl xx
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, you are such a sweetest angel!. I feel so much better after reading your post. I'M NOT ALONE! I have huge problem with PMS. My sweetheart stays far away from me when it comes every month. He once said I could become "MURDEROUS" around that time. I have all the symtoms you listed plus a terrible headache.

Summertimegirl, which herbal tea do you drink. I drink only Japanese green tea which is very very mild but I never thought that herbal tea can help sooth your body and your mind in...bloating time. I stock on Advil, the only painkiller I can tolerate.

BTW, I read your huge and fantastic Phytomer reviews. Really wanted to post a reply right then, but because of the flu, after work and school I just headed straight to bed, sorry, Summertimegirl, you are so very generous giving us such wonderful reviews. Actually, the last few days I've been using Phytomer Eye Contour little sample, the one that says can help get rid of puffiness and dark circles. It's really soothing and my extra sensitive skin didn't react to it. I will keep using it to the last drop just to see.

Thanks again, Summertimegirl, wish you all the best this Holidays Season, lots of sunny days for a sunny girl. I'm so jealous with you eventhough I'm wishing for a very white Xmas, usually we have just wet Xmas here in Vancouver.:P:P:P
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls Very Happy

Leila - I fully agree with Summertimegirl on the issue of fluid retention especially during your period. I have read that you should (or could) elevate your pillow a bit to facilitate the draining of lymphatic fluids away from your face. You could also treat yourself to a lymphatic draineage massage. Look it up on google, I'm sure they have instructions. If not then go to the Eve Lom website, I think she's got the basic instructions there. I'd love to tell you about the Cellcosmet Eye Gel but alas I have not tried it yet. I've been using the cream version and I like it so much that I haven't yet incorporated the eye gel (which doesn't have the same nice smell). I'm not too sure which one I would use when, probably the gel in the morning and the cream at night.

Summertimegirl - Yeah, you figured well (on both counts). I am sick AND also battling through what is hopefully the last two weeks of my thesis. I've got plenty of stuff to do at work too which doesn't help. And why do I have a cold? Because I think we got some of your cold Sydney wind on Saturday. Grrr! I had to go to a Xmas party (outdoors) and all of a sudden it got really windy and chilly. It was about 17 degrees. That may not sound like cold to many people but it is if you're in a climate where you're expecting it to be a nice calm 25! It was also raining (heavily) and we were playing lawn bowls (bare foot) after it stopped. Lemsip is currently my best friend....

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey Leila and Mabsy!

Leila! You're such sweets-- maybe it's not so bad afterall now that I know I'm not alone too!!! Before, I would curl up in bed with a hot water bottle but now getting online is heaps for fun and provides a better distraction for the cramps! I used to take Ponstan for my cramps but ditched it for tea instead- sometimes you want to believe it's a mind over matter thing! Sad You made me laugh when you described "MURDEROUS" for that time of the month cos that's exactly how it is!! My honey knows my cycle so well that he pretty much stays away as well, it's probably much safer for him to be scarce-- in other words I can turn into a bit of a SCHIZOID-- it's like you want his endearing attention but at the same time fly off the handle when he so much as annoys you!! They do put up with a lot so you gotto LOVE them for that!! haha! Very Happy
It's shocking how our hormones play such havoc!!!

I have cammomile tea which is nice and calming and good before bedtime but Japanese green tea is my favourite too. I love the taste of that tea-- do you make it up from leaves or a powder? I have leaves but it doesn't give the same taste as green tea you order from Japanese restaurants so perhaps they're made up from powder as you can see the residue of the tea at the bottom of the cup. I know that green tea is meant to be excellent for general health as it's got cancer-stopping antioxidants, but for bloating it's suppose to relieve water retention and makes you feel less heavier. I even checked out the diuretic effects of tea (i'm always on a quest to find out everything!) and came across "PMS TEA!!!! Pre-menstrual Diuretic" --hilarious!! haha Take a look below!
www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questp100310

I'm glad you like the sample of the Phytomer Contour Eye cream! It would be so great if you gave your thoughts on it. I love that product! With the eye cream, it's even nicer when I've had mine in the fridge-- sometimes it's tempting to swath it all over like an eye mask as it's so soothing and de-puffing but I will get one for that purpose! Very Happy As for reviews YOURS are awesome to read!! especially the last one on the Valmont Renewing Pack used at the bewitching hour (haha!)... to wake up fresh as a new day--just loved that part! You really sold me on getting my first Valmont product! Now I have about 6 products I want to get from EDS-- most are from the Phytomer range as I'm still absolutely addicted to it. I hope this many isn't being too greedy or extravagant-- is that how many you normally get at once?! Cool

Mabsy, you've just explained the reason for my awful "puffed up" as a blowfish face when I get my periods! THANX !! I will definitely try your suggestions of sleeping on a higher pillow and try out the lymphatic drainage massage on myself. WinkVery Happy It makes perfect sense!
It was just a hunch that you had caught a cold as there has been some freaky erratic weather lately, even though you're in another state I imagined you would've had a fair share of the spate of BAD WEATHER too!! Tell me about it, a week of rain- I'm so over the rain-- water restrictions or not! I've got a bit of a dry throat as well so have been drinking lemon & honey tea. You can also rest assured that the big gust of artic wind you got on the weekend would have been felt by me as well cos I'm from Sydney-- I would die of cold living in Melbourne!! hehe!! Bare-foot lawn bowels sounds such excellent fun!! Very Happy
I hope you take it easy and look after yourself, especially in the next couple of weeks!! Once it's all out of the way there'll be so much room for partying !! Take care! Wink

summertimegirl xx
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

At Xmas time there isn't such a thing as "too many" or "extravagant" when it comes to buying gifts for yourself or others Smile So buy before Christmas or you'll have no excuse Smile

Wow you must have read my post in between my what I thought to be super quick edits Smile I first thought you're from Melbourne then I remembered Sydney, went back and changed it in my post and you were already writing your reply. Sneaky! Smile Melbourne is a lovely lovely place, but yeah... pitty about the weather... Smile

Lawn bowls was fun (though barefoot on a wet green and chilly wind is a sure sign that you will be sick). Didn't have much choice though, no shoes allowed on the green. I still don't understand how people can play that game for hours.... Half an hour will do me!
Janebnh

Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Bags and dark circles can be caused by B vitamin deficiencies. I order B-12 plus sublingual spray and take extra around that time of month to get rid of bags and dark circles. I also like Celazome Eyelyph Serum for puffy eyes.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

At Xmas time there isn't such a thing as "too many" or "extravagant" when it comes to buying gifts for yourself or others Smile So buy before Christmas or you'll have no excuse Smile

Mabsy,

You're right, there should be a NO-HOLDS-BAR approach to ordering from EDS, especially when it's your FIRST and extra-so when it's Xmas !!! Glad I got the Green Light on that ! Very Happy Maya's excitement at recieving her 1st order got me wanting my presents!! I'm replenishing my Phytomer day and night creams-- can't live without them-- and can't wait to try the Rose Face Dew -- can almost smell the roses already Mmmm-mm!Smile A sunscreen, an exfoliating Gommage, a Renewing Pack and a marine bath soak is also on it's way to a happy new home not to mention a very HAPPY GIRL!!

Summertimegirl xx:D
Mabsy

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear you have a parcel on the way. So do I and I can't wait! Very Happy

I'm sure you'll love it. The effort that EDS puts into their orders really just can't be beaten!

Mabsy.

blondiekce

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am 31 and am in desperate need of help to rid myself of these horrible bags & circles under my eyes. I know the cause is stress and loss of sleep. I have a 5 year old who had major surgery at 5 months which started the whole process and since she was 1 1/2 she has not slept through the night. That is 4 years of her having night terrors/fits all night. Sad What is this Phytomer Eye Contour cream you have talked so highly of? How do I get a sample to see if it is for me? Laughing

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:14 am      Reply with quote
blondiekce - Wow, that is a lot of years of sleep deprivation! I hope that you little on is getting better though and there is light at the end of the tunnel sleep-wise. The Phytomer eye cream is a pretty good lifting or tightening eye cream. I tried it a while ago and didn't like it excatly for this reason. I don't like the feeling of it trying to tighten the area up as I don't need it at this stage. I'm not sure how it works for dark cirles either, I've used the Peter Thomas Roth eye cream for that purpose.

You can request samples with any order you place on EDS but I would expect that you would also be able to pick up a sample (or at least try it) at any salon that stocks Phytomer in your area.
blondiekce

Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if I would be able to get a sample of the Peter Thomas Roth eye cream? I am not sure if there are any places aruound here that sell it, but I will check around. You did state that you used that PTR cream for the same things I mentioned right? And it worked for you? I sure would love to find something that will help me look young again and not haggered looking. I didn't realize it was so bad until I saw myself on video. Thank you for your response. I hope I can find the right stuff and sample it to make sure it works and then purchase it.

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 am      Reply with quote
blondiekce - I used the PTR Power K Eye Rescue specifically for dark cirlces and it worked really well on those. I don't know how it would work for bags under the eyes. I can also tell you that while it was very effective on my dark circles, I didn't think it was moisturising enough so I was still using something over it.

ETA: You can get samples of the eye cream, I have seen them before.
queenbluebee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Here's a home remedy given to me by one of my co-workers to shrink bags under your eyes. It's cheaper and it works.

***Hemorrhoid Cream***

That's what I said..it works.
blondiekce

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm not really sure if what I have are bags or just dark circles. I have heard of people using prepration H- but that thier are some that say you should not use it since there have been no studies of the long term effect of using it in that delicate eye area. I have ordered the Dinur and the Cellex-C eye contour cream. Hopefully something will be right for me.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
blondiekce, I am just going to pass on to you the same advice given to me by Carakate & Mobsby(ms)& it worked Exclamation Exclamation
Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream & Valmont Renewing Pack cleared up my 'black eyes' though they really were a purplish blue. I was desperate because along with that problem & puffiness I have extreme allergies, so my eyes were also red,sore,itchy,& dehydrated. Because of allergies, these products MAY not solve the problem forever, but the orbital region is a nice firm, flesh color now. And even helped solve actual eye also. No severe problems their either, just ocassional allergy eye, which my medicines are able now to take care of! I'm giving you this extra info. in case you were also having that problem too.
They also recommended Vit. C serum, which I haven't used, though it is in these products.
I just feel need to say that my 16 y/o son was born ill and for 2 yrs. didn't sleep more than 15"min.to two hrs. at a time til age 2. His sleep didn't become more than 4hrs. til he was 5. I did all his care. if you could use a shoulder, my e-mail iswww.klineco@bevcomm.net. Maybee I might know something that might help. Please don't get discouraged, I get ill & might take days for me to reply.
Sorry this is so long. GOD Bless you aleetakline.
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think we all fight the dark under eye circles! Super Vitamin K works extremely well and is cheap too! I researched many skin care treatments and their effectiveness over the past several years and finally put together an educational website to share all I had learned! Hope you find the SkinCareResourceCenter.com helpful!
Sue

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
queenbluebee wrote:
Here's a home remedy given to me by one of my co-workers to shrink bags under your eyes. It's cheaper and it works.

***Hemorrhoid Cream***

That's what I said..it works.

Yes, creams like Prep H are a quick fix. I have used this myself for a special occasion for my BAGS. However, such creams should not be used on a regular basis as they are extremely strong for the delicate eye area.
wc.happy

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
I am new to the forum, and as many in their early 40-ies looking for quick answers (do they even exist?) on how to look better in the morning. I have puffy eyes, and no ready for the surgery just yet.

Question What would you recommend? My dermatologist suggested Obagi to increase collagen as the first step, but while it does make my skin more elastic I think, the bags are a problem.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |