Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Haushka cleansing milk question. Help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I recently switched from Aveda products to Dr. Haushka and I really like them but the cleansing milk doesn't seem to remove my makeup very well.

I use the Bare Minerals line of makeup and in the past with the Aveda All Sensitive Cleanser and jojoba oil my makeup came off easily. I like the Aveda products but I REALLY prefer using completely natural products, like Dr. Haushka better.

Does anyone have a good suggestion? Help!!!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use herbessence makeup remover by Aubrey Organics, which is completely natural. I don't wear much makeup so I'm not sure if it's strong enough for your purposes. I have also used plain jojoba oil as a makeup remover, and then used the cleansing milk over it so that might be worth a try. Good luck!
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, have you tried removing your makeup first with the jojoba oil, then cleansing with Dr. H?
I've just started using Dr. H Cleansing Cream and they recommend cleansing first with the Cleansing Milk, which I don't have. Instead I massage jojoba oil onto my face and wipe off with a damp cotton pad, then rinse with lukewarm water before applying the cleansing cream. Or maybe remove the cleanser with a wet facecloth? I dunno...I'm no expert Confused , but you've come to the right place! There are many knowledgable people here who are very kind and helpful. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
The Dr Hauscahka cleansing milk I thought was useless Confused It didn't remove any of my make-up at all and even when I hadn't been wearing make-up it did not seem to clean my face.
I too use Jojoba Oil to remove all my make-up and find this to be the most effective. Like Jala I first dampen a ctton pad then apply the Jojoba Oil and use to wipe off any make-up. I then cleanse with the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses. I love this website!

I tried using just jojoba oil and it works well using a damp cloth or cotton pad. It just takes more time to get all the makeup off.

I guess using products that are so natural and gentle, it's just going to take more effort. It's not going to just rinse right off, which is a good thing otherwise it would be stripping my face of the natural oils and drying out my skin which is exactly what was happening with all other products I've tried.

I will say that I've been using the jojoba oil, cleansing milk and then cleansing cream at night, and the cleansing cream and normalizing day oil in the day and already my skin is way more balanced and looks so much better. My skin actually looks thicker and more youthful. Very Happy

I've had breakouts for 15 years and I have tried EVERYTHING from skincare to every kind of special diet and what I've found is less is more.

I just ordered the clarifying toner and the rythmic night conditioner. It will be interesting to see if those bring any further improvements.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck to you and please let us know how they turn out for you. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I would just like to note that the Dr H Cleansing Milk *does* do a pretty decent job removing Dr H makeup. Dr H makeup is very very gentle. I've tried the using the Cleansing Milk to remove a stronger type of (natural) makeup and it wasn't as effective. If you are using traditional, non-natural makeup I would imagine it doesn't worki at all!
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm curious if there are any people out there that are using the cleansing milk now. I've been using the OCM to remove my makeup and sunscreen and then I follow with the DHCC. My skin right now is very irritated on the chin. I've used the sample of the milk that I have now and it seems like it is really helping to calm it down. I just keep debating about this because I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on it right now.

Does anyone out there right now use the milk? How do you like it?
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cleansing the milk every morning and the cleansing cream each night. I've gotten into the habit of gently washing my face first with a dampened linen cloth then following with either the milk or the cream. I've been using both products for about two years and am thrilled with the results. Previously, I had really irritable skin--just about everything would prompt a breakout--and the Dr. Hauschka products really seemed to calm it down.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Cleansing Milk and the Cleansing Cream and love both of them. I use the CC in the mornings and the CM at night. I think the CM is excellent at removing makeup. I guess it all depends on how much makeup you wear. (I like to keep it light and natural.) I love my Dr H products and find that they are all very effective and highly recommend them to all my friends and family. In fact I was just telling my friend the other day that the Dr H CM is actually one of the few Cleansing Milks I've tried that actually has results. I could never say that about cleansing creams before (except for the Primavera one - I love that one too). So you should definitely give the CM a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your replies! I'm not real sure what is happening to my skin lately. My chin is a little raw and scaly and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've eliminated all non-Dr. H products from my routine lately and I just recently bought the ampules for night (thanks EDS for your voucher!! Very Happy ). I am trying to use up some Khiel's cleansing milk first but now, with my skin being so irritated, I think I will just switch over to Dr. H's milk instead. The Dr. H products are just so incredible. My skin just loves them!

Wildflower, based on all your raves about the Dr. H foundation, I went ahead and bought it. I really do love it! Since my acne is getting under control with all the Dr. H products, this has just enough coverage for me now since I don't need to hide as much.

I have been trying out Physician's Formula MMU but I am so not sure about this product. I think it may be making my skin dry and increasing the irritation on my chin. I stopped using it for a few weeks to see. I only this week started using it again. I think I will stop again until I get my chin back to normal and THEN try it again. If my face doesn't like it after that, I will be able to blame it on the MMU. I can see why people like MMU, though. I've never had a foundation look so natural and yet cover so nicely all my spots. The Dr. H foundation is the next best thing so I'm so glad you raved so much about it, Wildflower!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
ellyp wrote:
Thanks so much for your replies! I'm not real sure what is happening to my skin lately. My chin is a little raw and scaly and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've eliminated all non-Dr. H products from my routine lately and I just recently bought the ampules for night (thanks EDS for your voucher!! Very Happy ). I am trying to use up some Khiel's cleansing milk first but now, with my skin being so irritated, I think I will just switch over to Dr. H's milk instead. The Dr. H products are just so incredible. My skin just loves them!

Wildflower, based on all your raves about the Dr. H foundation, I went ahead and bought it. I really do love it! Since my acne is getting under control with all the Dr. H products, this has just enough coverage for me now since I don't need to hide as much.

I have been trying out Physician's Formula MMU but I am so not sure about this product. I think it may be making my skin dry and increasing the irritation on my chin. I stopped using it for a few weeks to see. I only this week started using it again. I think I will stop again until I get my chin back to normal and THEN try it again. If my face doesn't like it after that, I will be able to blame it on the MMU. I can see why people like MMU, though. I've never had a foundation look so natural and yet cover so nicely all my spots. The Dr. H foundation is the next best thing so I'm so glad you raved so much about it, Wildflower!

Well I'm glad you like the Dr H foundation too. I've been using it for about 3 years now and still love it. It's great that it's working for you too!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use Almay oil-free eye make-up remover, but I have never found a good remover either for mascara.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I still have a problem getting off all of my foundation (I use Jane Iredale MMU) with the Dr H cleansing milk. I actually have been using the CM and then the CC, and when I apply my salicylic acid with gauze, I *still* manage to take off more makeup. I've ordered the DHC cleansing oil, which I guess I'll use as part 1 of a 3-step cleansing process (then the Dr H toner). I do wonder sometimes whether it's all necessary, but it's so hard to find a cleanser that doesn't damage your skin that I'm going to try to stick with all the steps for a while. We'll see. Thank goodness I just rinse with water in the morning or I'd never leave the house!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
The cleansing milk works at removing my make-up. I use BB and MAC. If I use a lot of eyeliner, then I use Lancome Bifacil on my eyes before the milk at night. I do believe it's a good clenser and have repurchased it though I'm not as crazy about it as the CC.
newgirl
5% products discount

Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
The cleansing milk works at removing my make-up. I use BB and MAC. If I use a lot of eyeliner, then I use Lancome Bifacil on my eyes before the milk at night. I do believe it's a good clenser and have repurchased it though I'm not as crazy about it as the CC.

I have been using the Lancome Bifacil 'forever' to remove eye make-up only. It seems gentle and is very effective - no scrubbing that stretches the skin etc. Now that I have started using Dr. H products I have continued to use the Lancome Bifacil (that I have left) to remove mascara etc before washing my whole face with Cleansing Milk. This system will evolve I'm sure. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |