Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
newbie questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mildlyobsessive
5% products discount

Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
im really intriqued by these lash and brow growth serums, especially the ardell and lucia and was wondering if you would have to keep using them to keep the results, cuz i dont think i could afford to keep repurchasing the lucia. the ardell one, i could, but i was wondering if anyone has experienced results with this one alone, and if so, how long did it take.

i also really like the idea of the aspirin mask, what kinds of redness is it supposed to help with? I have major redness on the sides of my nose, deep red acne scarring, and blotchy redness below my cheeks. will the mask help with any of these problems?

I have been using the AH 12% souffle for uneven and dull skin for 4 weeks now, any idea of how much longer i should continue with it? i also just pick up the olay microdermabrasion/peel kit, should i wait to use it until im off of the AHA, or start it now?

I'm really curious about the new LipFusionXL nighttime stuff cuz i liked the original gloss, anybody getting results?
-thanks, sorry bout the long post

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum! I too am dying to know about the Lipfusion XL. I even got a gift certificate to Sephora for Christmas but I'm holding off on using it til I find out what people think about it.

As far as the microderm kit, I'd say just follow your skin. If your skin feels raw/sore from the AHA's, then I'd hold off. But if your skin feels normal, then give it a shot. I don't find the kit too harsh although it could be if your skin is already sensitive from other products.

I can't answer you on the aspirin mask since I'm deathly allergic too it. Believe me I'd LOVE to give it a go.

I haven't tried the Lucia but I did use the Ardell for a few months. I didn't notice any growth, perhaps a bit of thickening since they were more conditioned, but it wasn't enough for me to continue using it. I'd still love to try the Lucia someday though. I'm fortunate to have very long and dark lashes so I really don't need it, but I'd still love to make them fuller!

I'm sure you'll get lots of other advice here and I hope I at least helped a little bit! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
mildlyobsessive wrote:
im really intriqued by these lash and brow growth serums, especially the ardell and lucia and was wondering if you would have to keep using them to keep the results, cuz i dont think i could afford to keep repurchasing the lucia. the ardell one, i could, but i was wondering if anyone has experienced results with this one alone, and if so, how long did it take.

Some members have experienced results using one or the other, but others found that the combination of the two yielded the best results.

Follow these links to read about “testimonials” from other members who used either or both products:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7544&highlight=lucia+ardell
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8794&highlight=lucia+ardell
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9258&highlight=lucia+ardell
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7416&highlight=lucia+ardell

Results were typically seen within 2-4 weeks of beginning application

mildlyobsessive wrote:
i also really like the idea of the aspirin mask, what kinds of redness is it supposed to help with? I have major redness on the sides of my nose, deep red acne scarring, and blotchy redness below my cheeks. will the mask help with any of these problems?

I have been using the AH 12% souffle for uneven and dull skin for 4 weeks now, any idea of how much longer i should continue with it? i also just pick up the olay microdermabrasion/peel kit, should i wait to use it until im off of the AHA, or start it now?
The aspirin mask fades the red marks left by previous acne/pimple breakouts. It won’t do anything to fade redness caused by rosaceae or broken capillaries (actually, nothing much can do that!). If you wish to try the aspirin mask, you’ll probably want to skip your AH souffle for a couple of days before and after you use it to make sure that you don’t aggrevate your skin.

mildlyobsessive wrote:
I'm really curious about the new LipFusionXL nighttime stuff cuz i liked the original gloss, anybody getting results?
I am also interested in the Lip Fusion XL but am holding out on buying it as I’ve been the primary sucker/guinea pig around here when it comes to trying all of the new topical lip plumpers that come out and find myself completely underwhelmed when the majority of them were nothing but a waste of money. If you want a cheap topical lip plumping thrill, check out the new Sally Hansen “Lip Inflation” product for around five bucks, available at Walgreens and CVS pharmacies. If you’re REALLY serious about plumping your lips, you need to check out this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&highlight=eureka

HTH,
Carrie

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Pay the $50. for LipFusion XL. if you haven't found anything else that really works for plumping lips. I've had thin lips all my life and this is the first product I've used that really does work and keeps on working all day after applying at night. I'm not young and this stuff takes away those nasty little lip lines. You look a little different, but I'm fine with that. I definately look younger. I've tried the cheaper products and they do an ok job, but none puff like this one and they don't last long either. I've also found that I like a new covergirl lipstick made for older women but I don't remember what it's called, but they have large white numbers on the bottom to identify the shade, and the cases are silver grey and shaped with the ends flareing out and a clear bottom showing the shade of color. This combination takes about 10 years off me...and I've had a facelift and co2 laser treatment, which, by the way, was NOT worth the huge amount I paid. I do recommend facelifts tho...almost no pain and real results.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I was not as impressed with the Lipfusion XL as I was with the original Lipfusion. With the original I noticed some mild plumping, especially right when I first started using it. With the XL version I didn't really notice much change, maybe because my lips were already somewhat plumped from the regular Lipfusion. I'm doing the lips2kiss thing right now but up until I started that I would still use both Lipfusions but mostly for the glossiness and moisture. The plumping effect seemed to diminish with time for me. The original Lipfusion is the only one I have repurchased.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm 58 and nothing out there has done what the LipFusion XL has done for me. It's sold off the shelves at my CVS so I guess others have had the same success with it too.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Clayslipper,

I just noticed that you are a new member, welcome to the forum! I wasn't trying to say you were wrong about the Lipfusion XL, just that it didn't work as well for me. I am glad you had success with this product; there has been lots of talk about it since it came out.

Welcome again and happy posting! Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |