Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My favorite Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bonded727

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to say Hi to all as I am new here, and want to say Thanks to all of you for the valuable information that you all provide...not to mention the $$$$ I have saved on useless products. This is my first review so here goes....I have just recently tried the latest Max Factor Mascara " Lash Perfection" and I have to say it absolutely does live up to its name. I picked it up on a trip to Ulta over the holidays. Actually the display said it is not being sold in stores until 06. If you have never heard of it, the "new" idea is that the brush is not a bristle brush or comb but totally different than any other mascara brush that is out there.(at least thats what it said) I wish I had saved the packaging but I didn't so I don't know what it is made of, but it is yellow and flexible to touch. I think it might be a rubber or soft plastic but I don't really know. But I can tell you my lashes never looked so good. I am 54 and definetly need some help in this area. With just the first application I have great lashes, full and long and no clumping. I have been using Merle Norman Thickening Mascara for quite some time, and also Bare Essentials Mascara, which I still think are both really great... of course after going through just about every other brand out there, from Maybelline to Kiss Me, Dior and Chanel. I have to say Lash Perfection is my favorite. And well worth a try.
Epiphany

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for that review...I am in search of a new mascara and will be sure to check that one out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds good! There is no Ulta in the area I live, but I'll check it out at CVS. I've been using Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara for 3 years and it's the best mascara I've ever tried. It does not smudge or flake off at all. It comes off with just warm water easily. My lashes look longer and natural.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you want fuller lashes, i recomment Hypnose by lancome. It's very nice and gives you full lengthy lashes without the flakiness. I love it

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I've been trying to find a tube of Lash Perfection for Mabsy, and I went to five different stores (CVS, ULTA, Walmart, Walgreens, HEB, Albertsons) and everyone of them either no longer had a Max Factor section, or else their shelves were picked completely clean because all of the MF products were marked down to clearance prices. Not sure exactly what that means (is MF going to stop selling in the U.S.??), but just thought I'd share in case the rest of you have the same problem....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Heya Carrie -

I ran into that same problem. Seeing all of this MF stuff on clearance at various stores. Maybe they are revamping their whole line.

Because I am such a mascara junkie, I too was on the search for Lash Perfection - even though the reviews were mixed and I finally found it at a Rite Aid that tends to be late to the show for anything new. It was like they just set up the display b/c none of the little grooves were empty where the mascara would be displayed. So of course, I caved and bought it.

Anywho - for me, it's maybe 2.5 stars out of 5. My lashes just suck and this didn't help them much - although it's not clumpy at all on me which is nice. I'm still using Lucia and Ardell but to be honest, after that first initial "wow" I haven't seen much else. Maybe they're at a plateau (lol!) Do you want me to pick one up for Mabsy if there's any left? Another alternative would be "Lash Exact" by Cover Girl. They use the same new brush technology as LP - if you go to Makeupalley - some say they like it better than LP, of course, some don't.

I'm at work. Obviously not working.....naughty.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
bonded727...great first post! Thanks for sharing your experience with this new mascara. I'm a mascara junkie, and I can't wait to try this one. Another mascara that has been reveiwed here recently, and that I tried is a new one by Mary Kay. It's called Signature. I've used this a couple of days this week, and I'm impressed. Can't stop there though! I'm always up for trying a new mascara. My lashes are blonde, so I use it nearly daily.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lancome Defincils for years.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lancome Hypnose, it's my favourite mascara, make my lashes look very natural.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Every single lancome mascara that I ever bought always went dry in the first month of using it. But I love thier mascara so much. Someone said that dipping the brush in some tea would help. Does anyone know how to keep there lancome mascara fresh for longer?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I never heard that.

Yes, I have noticed it dries up faster and I think it has to do with thier formula. If I don't pump the tube, I find it can last 2 1/2 months. I clean the wand when it is getting older by lightly rolling it on tissue.

But I find Lancome Defencils really extends my lashes and does not build up on my lashes. I tried Dior Show and love it too but I find the wand to be too large and harder to apply. Chanel has a really good one. I love that one but somehow I stuck with Lancome and buy it when they have promotions so I can buy the eye make-up remover to get the bonus. Very Happy
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI - I've been trying to find a tube of Lash Perfection for Mabsy, and I went to five different stores (CVS, ULTA, Walmart, Walgreens, HEB, Albertsons) and everyone of them either no longer had a Max Factor section, or else their shelves were picked completely clean because all of the MF products were marked down to clearance prices. Not sure exactly what that means (is MF going to stop selling in the U.S.??), but just thought I'd share in case the rest of you have the same problem....

For those of us who bought Lash Perfection in the black box (which is a limited edition) there was an insert about them fully launching the product in 2006... in a white box. Lol. I'm not sure what stores sell that, but look what I found: http://www.maxfactor.com/whats_new/index.jsp. You can buy it from the site.

Covergirl, however, has a new mascara out called LashExact that uses the same brush as Lash Perfection and, if other CoverGirl/Max Factor crossovers say anything, is probably the same product in different packaging. You can get this one at Walgreens and other drugstores.

Have fun!

Btw: It looks great if you don't need volume. It also goes on super-smooth and you can barely even feel the brush when you're putting it on! However, it's always under my eyes by lunchtime. Boo!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love CG lash exact!! But you need a fresh tube every month cuz the mascara starts to get clumpy by then.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Covergirl unstoppable replaced my Blinc Kiss Me and all my waterproofs, including Maybelline Great Lash. And I have been thru the Lancomes,Mac and Sheisidos, regular and waterproof. Wears like a waterproof, all day staypower, limited smudging, but very reasonably priced.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
My favourite: Loréal Double-Extend Waterproof

My least favourite: Miessence

But I'm still on the search for the all-natural mascara.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I really love L'Oreal Lash Architect. It gives a dramatic look (although nothing drag queen), but the look is also adjustable and can do a natural look as well if applied properly. It's cheap and doesn't really smudge or run either. It's definitely my No.1 mascara.

I've tried lots of other brands (Anna Sui, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, Bourjois, Clarins), but I haven't found anything I like as much although Shu Uemura Basic Mascara comes very close, but it's just too expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mascara tends to be my favorite beauty product!

i have tried a lot of brands e.g. lancome/ HR....(i dun like them or not suitable for me at least)

my favorite is from anna sui and shiseido' mascara base~ they are awesome!!!!! i will give them 10 out of 10!!!
janetquinn@alltel.net
5% products discount

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I have tried clinique, BE, Estee Lauder, Skinn, etc. For the difference in the price i think maybelline is still the best choice. It's the number one seller in the US by a large amount for a reason.

I try to go cheap on the eye products so i have more money to spend on foundation and creams, serums, etc.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm a mascara freak Laughing Have tried Maybelline Great Lash (too dry), various CG (some were fine), Clinique and BB (both ran and irritated my eyes), and just bought the waterproof Bourjois (flaked terribly). I have really good eyelashes, lt blue eyes w/ fair skin, and "tear-y" eyes. The best range of mascaras I have found, and I only use w/p, is Lancome. Used Definicils, Aquacils, but am loving Hypnose right now Smile Doesn't flake much and really lengthens and thickens my lashes (I don't wear any other type of eye makeup).

Just wanted to say also I LUV this forum and Happy Holidays to all Very Happy
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
My choices:

Best: Origins mascara. I didn't expect a brand that specializes in skincare to come out with such a great product, but they did.

Worst: Bourjois. Anything from them!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite addicted to L'Oreal Lash Out that I got on sale. How did I overlook this little gem before? It actually curls my eyelashes decently, voluminizes, and make lashes so long! I love the wet formula that glides on so perfectly. Some MUAers compares it to Definicils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think mascara really depends on each individual and what your lashes are like. I had been using Trish McEvoy lash curling mascara as I have long eyelashes but they very very straight.. but I can't be bothered with eyelash curlers. I didnt't really wear mascara that much but for 'special occasions'.

After having my eyelashes curled professionally recently and the lady really encouraging me to make a feature out of my eyelashes, I thought ok I don't need the lash curling, I'll try different types of mascaras.

Clinique's volumizing one made my eyelashes look spiky. I tried their natural glossy one which should not do much but actually makes my lashes look fuller. I then tried the TM lenghtening one but this one again makes my lashes look spiky. Luckily, they swapped it for my normal curling mascara. But it does add length and volume. So now most days I don't bother with mascara, if I do bother and want a fairly natural look then I use the Clinique one and then something extra the TM one - now my lashes are curled, it actually makes my eyelashes look false.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Currently using YSL false lash for about a year and a half, the first one I bought was absolutely fab, people said your eye lashes look gorgeous what is it you're using, the masacara lasted about 4 months before drying a bit. I got another one and only after 1 month it's gone a bit dry...I am wondering if these companies actually measure accurately each time the quanities of ingredients or if they just throw it in till right consistency...can't work it out...

Over the years, used Estees more than mascara for ages...tried others but was allergic to them, there was a point where I couldn't wear mascara my eyes were so sensitive....

Mascara is scary for me..I am so afraid when they stop making one I can use...then I try another my eyes either swell like marbles or the skin around them cracks up....

My cousin swears by the Benefit "bad gal" mascara says it is amazing...

5% products discount

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I may be too used to the old way mascara worked, but I like mascaras that have a curved brush on them, are not waterproof (too hard to get off sometimes and sometimes you lose one too many a lash when taking it off)....and those new ones where you coat your lashes with stuff that looks like fibers really take lashes off in the end and look too clumpy under a non-expert/familiar hand. As such, I think my old covergirl professional brand is my most favourite and inexpensively effective mascara.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Diorshow Mascara --Best mascara ever!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |