Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rosehip oil for the face anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I have a vague recollection of somebody on this forum writting about using (or starting to use) Rosehip oil for the face. Does that ring a bell? I was pretty sure it was Leeleedeedee but I can't find that post Sad So perhaps I'm wrong. It's been known to happen Smile Quite often actually....

Anyways, I'm interested in getting this for my mum and I'm wondering if anybody here has used it (any brand) and what their thoughts on it were.

Ta! Smile

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy, How have you been?

I have not used rosehip oil yet, but coincidentally I was just about to put in an order for it from my favourite apothecary store. I do use essential oils and carriers oils but have not tried the rosehip oil yet.

Rosehip oil is supposed to be an exceptionally good oil for tissue regeneration, scars, burns and wrinkles (I know, not your problem.) As an essential oil it can be used undiluted on the face. Most essential oils should be mixed with carrier oils, but a good apothecary store will do this. Not all essential oils are the real, pure thing or distilled in the right way, so you have to be careful what kind of oil you are buying and from where. I'll give you the website where I order my oils. They make their own infusions and their products are the best. For example, I wanted a blend of essential oils for skin hyperpigmentation which they did for me themselves. It's a blend of Rosa Mosqueta, Evening Primrose Oil, Mandarin, Neroli, Frankincense plus other oil. Their products (oils and carrier oils and hydrosols are first rate products.) The website is:www.ambrosia.mb.ca (disregard this if you're not interested.) This is the best information I can offer on rosehip oil. I do know a lot about other oils because I have been researching them like mad. I feel that they offer great skin benefits. Some oils (like Sesame) can even protect from the sun's harmful rays. Well, I can go on and on, but I hope this helps you.

Bye for now.
Maya

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:53 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Mabsy,

When I lived in Australia a couple of years ago, there was lots of writing in the beauty magazines about Rosehip oil, so I decided to try it. I bought it from a health shop. It had only slight, soft, buttery smell, hardly detectable, which I liked.
My skin is very sensitive, often irritated, and I remember this oil being very calming and soothing, and my skin absorbed it remarkably well. I often used it overnight, as some kind of overnight treatment (massaged it into the skin), and I liked to mix a little bit of moisturizer with it, which made lovely rich night cream. Because I didn't have any wrinkles, I can't comment on its wrinkle reducing properties, but I highly recommend it as a beautiful softening, calming and nourishing (and very light, too) oil. And very inexpensive, too.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried rosehip oil, but I did post it on another forum a while back asking if anyone had ever tried it for lightening their skin. I saw it on ebay and it looked like an interesting serum. Here's the description that was given:

ROSEHIP OIL FROM CHILE ("Rosa Affinis Rubiginosa" - aka "Rosa Mosqueta")...this wonderful oil is produced from the Rosehip seeds (fruit) of the native wild "Rose of Mosqueta" grown in the luscious mountain region of the ANDES (southern Chile). DRY SKIN?? EXTRA-DRY SKIN?? This is an ALL-YOU'LL-EVER-NEED...Facial moisturizer, softener, and freshener!
a truly 100% pure and natural - ORGANIC, COLD-PRESSED, UNREFINED (Cosmetic Grade), UNADULTERATED, Rosehip Oil from Chile.
Being a Cold-Pressed, Unrefined oil, it contains ALL of its natural nutrients, and therefore maintaining the highest quality and most complete of its constituents. Giving exceptional curative, healing and regenerative properties.
***NOTE: Many refined oils are DENATURED, and are lacking in certain natural nutrients, their colour, depth, and scent are also altered.
UNREFINED oils ensure a finer quality product which help retain a rich, strong flavour and colour that is true to its natural self. HIGHER in "EFA's"/ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS (Oleic, Palmitic, Linoleic, Linolenic), it also contains the following constitutents: Trans-Retinoic Acid (which is a derivitive of Retinol A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Carotenoids, Flavonoids, Pectin, Polyphenols, Leucoanthocyanins, Catechins, and Glyosides, Natural Tretinoin (a derivitive of Vitamin A). PROVEN to delay the effects of skin aging, aids cell regeneration and boosts levels of collagen and elastin to create smoother, firmer skin. Enriching, and pH balanced, allows skin to breathe naturally. Also used to strengthen fingernails, and used on thin or damaged hair. Useful in reducing the effects of Scarring, Stretch marks, effects of Psoriasis and Eczema, Lumps from scarring, Hyper-pigmentation, Dermatitis, Over-exposure to the sun, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Skin burns. Penetrates the upper layers of the skin quickly, leaving the skin moisturized and non-greasy. There is a immediate effect on dry skin and eczema. This luxurious oil is renowned for its skin-nourishing properties and can be used alone or blended.

Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for the wealth of info ladies. Sounds like just the thing for my mum.

Leeleedeedee - Sorry I think I got a bit confused. It was you I was actually thinking of because it was the site that you posted that I was after Smile Thank you for posting it again. I don't know why I thought you tried Rosehip oil, but I do remember you posting about essential oils. I'm thinking of getting mum the Eleusian Rosehip Regenerative Oil (blend of Rose hip oil, Vit. C & E, lavender, patchouli, sandalwood) but wanted to check out the site you posted before and see what their shipping charges are like.

Maya - was there a particular brand that you bought in Australia that you would recommend?

Thanks again everyone for all the great info!

Mabsy.
Maya

Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:35 am      Reply with quote

Hi Mabsy,

unfortunately I don't remember the brand, but I remember that a health store had one that was labelled "organic, 100% natural, undiluted rosehip oil" and it came in small, narrow glass bottle. It is completelly colorless, and almost smell free.I think if you go to a well stocked, larger health store, they would have nice selection.
My skin gets clogged easily if I use heavy moisturizers, but surprisingly, it didn't do that with this oil, it soaked it up really well. I also used to tap it around my eyes area, and I have to say, it made that thin skin really soft and supple, it was excellent. And I remember that all those magazines were saying that it is one of the best natural oils for many skin conditions, it had huge revival when I was there, I think that you can't go wrong with it. All the best, Maja
Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Just want to say that essential oils rarely, if ever, clog the pores. Because they are pure and natural with absolutely no fillers or additives they work to restore and balance the skin. I actually got rid of blackheads using Hagelnut oil.

Mabsy, the website I gave you calculates the shipping charges after you have made your order. However, you can contact them before placing an order and ask for an approximate shipping charge. They will happily do this for you.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:02 am      Reply with quote
WSurprisedSurprisedW!! I'm so glad that you asked about Rosehip oil Mabsy! It sounds like such a good all-round natural oil (I've only ever heard of Evening Primrose oil but not Rosehip). I've never used Rosehip oil but want to now-- I would really love to keep a vial for when I'm travelling and for emergency skin fix-ups. Thanks to all you ladies for all the great info! Smile

Maya, you could have started a resurgance of Rosehip oil revival here again in OZ!! Very Happy

Mabsy, since I'll be making a trip down to the local Healthfood store soon, just wondering if you ever took up the Vitamin E oil challenge of pricking a capsule of oil and putting it on your eyelashes?! :P I remember reading that post and wondered if you got results?!

Summertimegirl xWink
Mabsy

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I ended up buying it locally (as opposed to online overseas - I'm usually the Aussie government's worst nightmare Smile). I got a 15ml bottle for mum from a company called Renew. It just says something to the effect of 100% organic rosehip oil. We'll see what it does for her.

Summertimegirl - funny that you should mention it because I started that whole vitamin E experiment just over a week ago. I finally made the effort to go to the chemist and find natural vitamin E capsules. It's really too early to tell though. Because I'm lazy I've actually opened up a few capsules and drained the vit E into a little 3mL bottle. I have a little clean mascara wand (just one of those disposable ones - except I'm not disposing Smile) and I dip it, apply it to my lashes and wash it off the brush to keep it clean for next time.

I'll let you know how I go but it might take a few months....

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |