Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

la mer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am just wondering if you would ever consider adding "la mer" to your wonderful line of cosmetics. I am asking because I love to try new lines, have heard great things about "la mer" and I have always enjoyed ordering from "essential day spa" and actually would never think of ordering from anywhere else. I know you have Valomont and other great lines. What about "la mer?" Would anyone else like to see "la mer" added to the fine list of skin care at essential day spa?
Caspers Mum

Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
You will never see this line of skincare at Essential Spa. "La Mer" is a boutique brand, owned by Estee Lauder (since the early 90's), and is exclusively available at select counters internationally. In Canada, this is only sold through Holt Renfrew. You may want to locate this by going towww.elcompanies.com .

If you are looking for an amazing, active skincare line, you may want to try Valmont, Cellcosmet, or Juevena. These are all Swiss lines that are sold here.
Sylvia318

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:34 am      Reply with quote
You may buy this brand throughwww.gloss.com Smile
Caspers Mum

Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Gloss.com is actually an Estee Lauder-owned site; they sell all of their sister-companies' products on this site. That is also why you will never see any of their products sold on other sites or by anyone else besides their own counters. Estee Lauder does not want it's products or products from their other companies misrepresented by others. If you do see these sold elsewhere, buyer beware, as these have not come from Lauder itself!

The Lauder family owns many companies within the cosmetic industry, and are always aquiring new ones. To name a few: Clinique, M.A.C , Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone, Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Jane, Origins, Prescriptives, Stila, La Mer, and more. They recently bought the spa line Darphin, which is the only professional skincare line in the group, and is used by aestheticians in many spas. To see more, go towww.elcompanies.com
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I am a dedicated consumer of EDS and just want to thank Casper mum for your frankness and informative response to the le mer question. This is just another reason why I trust the response when I ask a question or a recommendation.

Thank you for such a great place to shop!
jellybeanzz4020

Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:39 am      Reply with quote
AcK!!!
i just got la mer off e-bay!!!is'nt it the same thing that lauder sells?
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen La Mer on ebay many many times. Why would you question whether it is the same one as mentioned here? My guess is it is the same product that you can purchase on line at gloss etc.. Casper's Mum said it well, it is owned by the Lauder Co therefore is in the hands of many consumers some of whom can sell it at a reduced price. I have tried it before, very scented and not worth it's price, IMO. (I hate being negative Sad )
Mabsy

Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing. The thing I would worry about however is how old the cream is. You'd want to get it 'fresh' as opposed to something that has been sitting on the shelf for a few years. But having said that I don't think CDLM has an expiry date.

I agree with Babs in that it is very overpriced. As I said in the other post, it DOES work well when your skin is having 'issues' but it is very pricey for what it does. After I finish off mine (which probably won't be for quite a while) I'd be more inclined to try Cellcosmet than to repurchase CDLM.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |