Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I don't know what happened-My face is freaking out!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Last week I started using Dr. H C.M.,C.C., & nor. day oil to start. My skin looked great for the first couple of days and I was so happy.

Then my skin started to feel a bit itchy. I decided to buy a sample of the cl. toner, while I wait for mine to arrive, and that really irritated my skin. I stopped using the toner two days ago but my skin is now red, bumpy, itchy and irritated and it doesn't seem to calm down.

I'm now as confused as my skin. I don't know what to do. I have rythmic night conditioner on the way, as well as another tube of c.c.

I've been searching the site for ideas and I see everyone really likes Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromaessence oil & balm and Yonka gel cleanser but I feel anxious about trying anything else being that Dr. H is supposed to be so gentle.

ANY advice would be soooooo greatly appreciated.

(Did this happen to anyone else? and if so what did you try that worked?)

32/combination skin/prone to red, bumpy, breakouts along my jaw line and temples, blotchy skin tone, slightly sensitive
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
hi cloe,
i'm sorry to hear about your reaction. there are a few other people who have had similar reactions so you could do a search of the forums to find some of the previous responses to similar questions. i guess just don't stress out too much and realise that you're not alone in having a reaction to a product!

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I does sound like you have had a reaction to the Dr Hauschka, some other poeple on the boards have also had similar reactions to Dr H.
What skincare products were you using before the Dr Hauschka? If your skin was fine with these I would sugest returning to them whilst your skin settles back down then maybe reintroduce one of the Dr Hauschka products or maybe looking to try the Decleor or the Yonka.
The Yonka cleansers are suposed to be very good for sensitive skins.
If you find it is the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream that is not compatible with your skin and have surpless unopened tubes, then they always sell well on ebay or make excellent gifts Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
My skin did the same thing when I tried the full blown Dr. H routine. I would recommend Yonka or PSF. Those have worked for me so far. Have you tried C serums? My skin was transformed when I was using them and went all haywire when I stopped.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for responding. Wow, this website is like having hundreds of your best girlfriends right at your fingertips with expert advice just waiting to help. It's so great.

Thanks Kiwigirl for your sympathy and advice. Smile It's always better knowing you're not alone.

Rosebud- I was using the Aveda All Sensitive line of skincare. I will go back to that and see if my skin will calm down. Between Yonka and Decleor, which one would be more balancing for sensitive skin as a cleanser & moisturizer?

Is there another product for sensitive skin that gives similar results to what the cleansing cream does for normal skin?

Also, are the homemade recipes on this site safe for sensitive skin? like the ACV super toner and the ylang ylang Aromessence oil?

Jadette- what is PSF? And, can you tell me more about C-serums? I've not heard of these. Since you had great success, I would love to know exactly what your skincare routine is.

Thank you!!!! Very Happy
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cloe, I'm sorry to hear about your reaction Sad . I also had (not long time ago )a very bad allergic reaction to Dr. H products. Now I am using Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance to calm my skin. You just have to relax and let your skin to hill and rest. It may take some time as in my case:( . Right now, try to avoid products that contain any kind of acids (for example lemon acid).
Good luck Smile
Lara
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I would say that the Yonka may be better for sewnsitive skin rather than the Decleor, if you can find stockists near you it is well worth trying to get hold of samples before you buy.
Dermalogica is also good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
For morning I use:

PSF (Pure Skin Formulations) papaya cleanser
Dermalogica microfoliant (only every other day)
PSF 20% c serum (although vivier is also very good)
under eye cream

Night:
Oil Cleansing Method (just do a search for OCM)
PSF papaya cleanser
under eye cream
I've started not to use moisturizer at night since my skin doesn't dry out from the above cleansing methods.

I would also stay away from Decleor. It made me breakout but did wonders for my husband's normal skin. His skin is looking radiant using that stuff. Good luck with your search!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Essential balm made me break out in cystic acne. I had to give it away to resist the temptation to keep trying it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions (and cautions). My skin is slowly starting to ease up. The itchiness is finally subsiding. Thank God!

I did pick up some samples of Yonka today. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Although, I may wait till my skin gets back to normal before I try it. It's really a mess. The Dr. H products must have been really moisturizing too because now that I've gone back to the Aveda, my skin is really dry and it wasn't this dry before.

When I have more time I'll look into the c serums and the papaya cleanser which sound great.

I would still love to hear from anyone who didn't respond well to Dr. H but did respond well to other products. Let me know what's working for you. Especially if it's really natural. I may need a backup plan. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |