Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

meaningful beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone seen this product on tv? Cindy Crawford is the face for it. I have ordered some and am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the products or if anyone has used the products? thanks
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen it, but not tried it. All I reayd would like to try is the Masque....but don't know if they sell the pieces seperately.

Let us know how you like it....especially the Masque. Smile

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Lori, I will let you know. It takes two to three weeks for delivery so hope it is worth the wait.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fierce:

Did you sign up for the 90 day autoship program too? If not, did they charge you $29+shipping or more? The reason I asked is because when I call Sheer Cover to get their $29.00 TV special, I was told I have to sign up for their autoship program otherwise I have to pay $39.00. I considered it false advertisement.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I visited the Meaningful Beauty website and was very concerned that they really don't tell you what's IN the products ... aside from that "very rare French melon" of course.

They mention "anti-oxidants" ... but as we all know there are some that don't even penetrate the skin let alone actually protect it!

I am always suspect of products when the manufacturer is afraid to post the actual ingredients.

Their 'science behind the products' was insultingly lacking in information. I mean really ... are they afraid that the consumer won't understand the "science" or are they afraid that same consumer will find the "science" lacking?

I don't know. I'm quite sure that Cindy Crawford has nothing to do with the policies of the website ... but it's a shame.

That's another thing though. I've seen pictures of Cindy Crawford for years and years ... and frankly, I'm not sure that she has any real problems. Her skin has always looked flawless ... and I know that she can afford the professional treatments that, say, I could not. Laughing

I hope the products are as good as they claim ... or that you, at least find them so. I just really hate the 'snake oil salesman' techniques on their website.

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the moisturizer, nothing fantastic. Can get the single items on eBay. I still like Dr. Hauschka's Rejuvenating mask the best.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I did have to sign up for a three month supply but they did not say anything about shipping. just normal shipping of 8.95. I have never bought anything off of tv before and I hope I have not been scammed. I always like to think someone like Cindy Crawford would not want her name on something that is not what it says it is.

hpjrt,

they do give you the ingredients but i guess you must know more indepth then i do about what they are claiming. what should i be looking for in a product for results?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
My sister ordered it ONCE. She just thought the stuff was "just average". But remember, not every thing works for every one...if you hate it can you send it back??

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
My sister ordered it ONCE. She just thought the stuff was "just average". But remember, not every thing works for every one...if you hate it can you send it back??

well they did say there is a 60 day money back gaurantee if i do not like the product but I guess i am concerned that they dont actually have to do that.
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Girls,
i ordered it on line and am not really impressed so i will cancel my shipment in the future. The cleanser is ok but that's about it!
Dr Sebagh does have his line of products in Europe and they are a lot better than the one in cooperation with C. Crowford.
Trish
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
That's another thing though. I've seen pictures of Cindy Crawford for years and years ... and frankly, I'm not sure that she has any real problems. Her skin has always looked flawless ... and I know that she can afford the professional treatments that, say, I could not. Laughing
Wow, and here I was thinking that she’s starting to look like she’s been ridden hard and put away wet these days whenever I see one of her commercials for the “Cindy Crawford Home Furnishings Collection” from RoomsToGo!

Also, I thought that CC was actually to CEO for “Meaningful Beauty”...? At least that’s how it came across when I caught snippets of her infomercial! I could’ve sworn she said something like “I wouldn’t put my name on a product unless I was certain it was superior to anything else out there....”

Regardless, I have no desire to try any of her products so I’ll shut up now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
fierce wrote:
Chrissie wrote:
well they did say there is a 60 day money back gaurantee if i do not like the product but I guess i am concerned that they dont actually have to do that.

Just a word of warning to make you guys savvy consumers: you shouldn’t necessarily take a company’s “money back guarantee” offer at face value because just this past month we’ve learned that a certain skincare line that has been popular here on EDS is not honoring its own money back guarantee and – instead – sends rude and abusive emails to its customers wishing to exercise that guarantee! If you want to know more, click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9341

I don’t have anything to say about Meaning Beauty that is either positive or negative, but I have to say that since joining EDS I’ve become leery of purchasing products that offer “free trial offers” and/or “auto-ship programs” (can you say “Hydroderm”) and now I’m skeptical to believe that a company will honor its guarantees!

Just my 2¢...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi fierce

I went back to the site ... and then discovered that if you go to the products themselves ... and clicked on an individual product you would then get a link to the product ingredients ... I apologize for not finding this the first time I surfed the site! Laughing

Having looked at the ingredients of most of the individual products, I was faced with a long list of names. I recognized some of them ... but some of the ones I was expecting weren't there.

For instance, I saw no mention of Vitamin C ... or specifically L-ascorbic acid. I did see "citric acid" ... which was a little perplexing because citric acid can be an irritant. Given its location in the list of ingredients I think it may be there as a preservative ... but other than that ... there didn't seem to be any mention of vitamin C.

I suspect that some of the other ingredients might suggest a form of vitamin C ... but since l-ascorbic acid is the only form of vitamin C that the skin can use ... I was surprised by its lack.

Nor did I see any recognizable form of vitamin A ... although I did see reference to some Vitamin E.

I am no expert on product ingredients ... although I'm getting better at recognizing what some typical ingredients do. I'd have to study my Biochemistry of Beauty book further to recognize most of the others in these products.

My impression however, is that aside from this "very rare French melon" there are just a lot of emulsifiers and preservatives ... and things that give the product its slip and texture.

Since I have problems with most commercial products ... and their complex compositions ... I wouldn't personally try these products. My skin seems to prefer simpler products ... with fewer emulsifiers and/or chemical ingredients. Laughing I have yet to find a commercial skin care product that doesn't clog my pores! *sigh*

Whether or not Cindy Crawford has anything specific to do with the company ... and while the company may have developed this line for her ... and while she may have a stake in it ... I still don't think that she's all that involved. Usually, despite appearances, the celebrity is little more than a "figurehead".

The line may have worked well for her personally ... but then she may not have had any problems with other commercial lines ... but I don't know that she has any special knowledge or expertise that makes her testimony any more reliable than anyone else. Indeed ... I think I would trust the impressions and opinions of some of our EDS members [like Carekate for instance] over the assurances of a famous model.

As I said before ... I hope the line works for you ... and is everything you hope it is ... but since joining EDS I have become far more skeptical of cosmetic claims. Also ... since so many of the DIY recipes work so well for me personally ... and because my skin is so much better than it's ever been in my 54 years with OCM, ACV toner and the aspirin mask as well as mineral makeup ... well ... I wouldn't want to use anything else at this point. Laughing

If you want to check out the individual ingredients and what they might or might not do in terms of benefits for your skin, check out the biochemistry of beauty site. You can search on the ingredients. I'm not sure that the B of B site is the be all and end all of things either ... but at least it's a resource where you can discover what a given ingredient is for. Laughing

Good luck with this line.

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Carekate on the auot-ship thing. If the only way I can get it is to be put on an auto-ship program, I will pass it by....no matter how badly I want it.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just called meaningful beauty to cancel my order since it has not even gone through yet on my visa. They told me they cant allow that since i already made the request to have it sent to me. But if i call back in a few days they said maybe then they can TRY and help me.

is this something of the normal. I have never ordered anything over the phone from tv before so i have no idea what to do. i just know that i no longer want the products because I dont trust it.
tkoukla

Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the deal about meaningful beauty & or other products out there: There is a grading system used to determine the quality of a product line before it is sold. There is a difference between department store/pharmacy store/cindy crawford & salon care products. The quality of the salon products given the salon you visits uses only the best for exapmle: Yonka, Pyhtomer, ect. Than you are in the best of hands, but when you get to the other brands your getting something totally different. The same applies to hair care products. Each company Redken, Matrix, Paul Mitchell goes by their own system of quality on how they test their product. Some other not so known brands or mainstream pharmacy brands do not want to spend fortunes cn their
product line to keep up with the up & up inovations. I am in the beauty industry & have researched about the cost of products & what they have to offer. I know make up artists who have worked with Cindy Crawford & the things they told me about her & her skin. This is why I was thrilled to give her product a try. First thing I noticed was the smell, it did not smell very estetically pleasing, but all in all If you use the whole system together for one month you will see the difference in your skin. I even used some of my Yonka night cream instead of hers & noticed it still worked well, but found my skin to appear much nicer when I used all her products together as a whole how it is sold. As with any product line its always better to use it as a whole & not mix it with other products. But, I feel it is comparable to the department store brands like lancome, clarins, ect.
As for price its even, I got the full kit & paid $178 /w shipping. I think she needs a toner, though. Anyhow, stick with your salon care products as long as your salon uses the best not Sally brands, (Which is a beauty store that sells to the public). Have an educated, experienced estitchian & your skin will be in good hands for a very long, long time. take care!
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
tkoukla,

Thank you for your response. Over all you found the products to work? what did it do for you?

lol i am getting more and more confused. i think i might just stick with my clarins.
tkoukla

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Fierce,
Don't be confused, it is very simple. Try it and see if you like it. Just like your hair, it is always good to switch products every two weeks. If you notice the difference in your hair when you do this given your using good shampoo. Same applies to your skin. Her product does work. I notice my skin to glow and clear my blemishes. I would buy it again, but for now I m using my all time favorite product line Phytomer. I don't think you will be dissapointed in her product, besides you can always return it. Oh, with your skin you should change your facial products every 2 to 3 months not weeks. Anyhow, try it out, If you still don't know go see an estitician.
Get started on salon products they are better.
take care
tkoukla
cocoah

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:12 am      Reply with quote
YOU CANNOT CANCEL THE ORDER!! and they don't describe on their web site either. I placed an order online and tried to cancel by phone on the same day but I wasn't able to. They told me to call back after 6 days so my order can be on their system & I can cancel the order.

I was going to wait several days for their system to be updated..but the nextday, I recieved an email confirming the order. "Your order has been sent to our warehouse and is awaiting shipment" Didn't I have to wait several days?? You sent out the order without canceling?? I called again to cancel asap.

This is what they said today. There is NO WAY I CAN CANCEL THE ITEM ONCE THE ORDER IS PLACED. The Only way to get my money back was through 60 DAYS MONEY BACK GURANTEE POLICY. To avoid the returning shipping fee, I have to refuse the unopened box at the delivery. And than they will refund my money after 4-6 weeks WITHOUT SHIPPING CHARGES!

I AM CANCELING THE ORDER! NOT A RETURN

HELLO? the item has not even been shipped out yet, but they will ship out anyway and charge for it? I have to pay for the shipping just to cancel an order?? What a mess!

I am sure I wasn't the only one experiencing this mess but they are hiding this shady cancelation polity and does not list this information anywhere! I do not trust skin care products from company who hides informations purposley. Who knows what they have put into that product beside that French melon??
kayla
5% products discount

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
i ordered it online too, and i'm not impressed at all.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well after phoning to cancel and that not working i went to the website and made an complaint through their contacts on the site. I was emailed back;

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your Meaningful Beauty order has already processed. I am unable to stop this shipment from being sent to you. You have been billed for your first installment in the amount of $45.19. I have processed a refund for this installment in the amount of $45.19 today. Please allow 3-5 business days for this refund to process. You will not be billed for the second installment. Please refuse this shipment upon delivery.

I have stopped all future orders for you at this time. You will receive no future shipments unless you request them.

I apologize, I do not have information concerning another line of Dr Sebaghs products other than Meaningful Beauty.

Meaningful Beauty was developed with internationally acclaimed cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Jean Louis Sebagh. His work has been profiled in major fashion and beauty magazines for its celebrity cachet - his high profile clients maintain great looking skin with regular visits to his offices in London and Paris Meaningful Beauty formulas are based on the same specialized antioxidant treatments Dr. Sebagh gave exclusively to Cindy Crawford.

Dr. Sebagh was trained at the University of Paris 5eme and has served as President of the French Laser Medical Association and President of the French Society of Cosmetic Surgery. He currently resides in Paris, and has offices in both London and Paris.

If I can be of further service, please feel free to contact me. You may also contact customer service at 1-800-927-0047.

Sincerely,

and guess what, today i checked my credit card and the money was reversed. All i have to do now is refuse the shipment when it comes. i am glad it worked out.

If you ladies/gents are having problems, try emailing this lady and she may be able to help

*edited by Mabsy to remove details of email correspondent*
junkyone

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am 27 years old and I live in Florida - so good skin care is very important to me. I have tried everything in the drugstores and even some more expensive brands. But Meaningful Beauty HONESTLY works like nothing I've tried before. I ordered the start up kit advertised on the infomercial. It was 30 dollars plus shipping, I think. I love everything but the cleanser - (I just can't get used to a dry cleanser). My skin is glowing, smoother and tighter. The day cream (maint.1) has spf 8, which usually makes my skin oily - but it didn't! The night cream absorbs right in and leaves nothing. Even my husband, who has larger pores and tends to have oily skin everywhere, has benefited from these products! His pores are getting smaller and just overall his skin tone is clearer. The masque is the best, and the night cream. I would suggest these to anyone - man or woman or even kids! YOU CAN ORDER ITEMS SEPARATELY FROM 800 927 0047 - that's the number from the pamphlet that comes with the start up kit. More expensive that way, though - you may want to consider the start-up kit 1st so you can see which ones you like. Let me know what you think at junkyones@hotmail.com
junkyone

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Guys you are upset at the CALL CENTER PEOPLE, not at the product. I mean Hell yes, it sucks to wait weeks, it sucks not to have things clearly explained, and AUTOSHIP SUCKS!!
You save a little money when you choose autoship but it's never worth it. I agree with all that but remember - the product and the people that created have nothing to do with the not-so-pleasant people that work to take the calls and distribute the stuff....
AUTOSHIP IS NOT MANDATORY! Tell the freaken operator that you don't want auto ship, you just want one-time shipment, and tell him/her what you want. Don't let them push you around.
I like the products themselves very much, but yes, ordering them is a pain!

INGREDIENTS: I have them all from the paperwork that came with my order - Here are some. If anoyne wants a complete list I would be happy to send via email.
They've got: macadamia seed oil, sweet almont oil, witch hazel, Lecithin, Citric acid, Sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, some have palm and mineral oil. There are other much linger ingredients that for obvious reason's I don't want to type...but there you have a few
Visakha

Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Well Ladies, I am sure that everyone is trying to get rich one way or another. I don't know if any of these products really work, maybe over time they may have some effect. One thing I do know is that you need to drink lots and I mean LOTs of water, work out and eat the right foods. Stay away from smoking and drinking. Try to protect your face from the sun. Good old fashion skin care is all ways a +. We are to hard on ous face now days, the young take their youth for granted. Remember, water is a key factor in good looking skin. Visakha[/b]

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Cindy Crawford has had plastic surgery:

She tells Gala magazine, "I'm not going to lie to myself: past a certain age, creams work on the texture of you skin but, in order to restore elasticity, all I can really count on is vitamin injections, Botox and collagen. I owe the quality of my skin to a cosmetic surgeon."
quoted from http://fadedyouth.blogspot.com/2006/08/cindy-crawfords-plastic-surgery.html

I guess that shoves Meaningful Beauty and their "french melon" down the drain.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |