Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Johnsons Holiday Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelina83

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product?
Here is Australia there has been masses of advertising for this moisturiser with self tan in it.
I doubt that the actual body lotion is the best available and is probably full of mineral oil and chemicals but just curious as if the tan part of the lotion is any good.
Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
It's been around for quite a while here in the UK. Some people absolutely love it and others, like myself, are not so keen.

Personally, I found that it was great for building up colour on most of my body, apart from streakiness that appeared on my legs (mind you, that often seems to happen to me with fake tans anyway, no matter how carefully I exfoliate, moisturise and apply). It's not meant for application to the face, though, and I've heard it can cause breakouts there.

In its favour, I did find it to be nicely moisturising.

What I really, really couldn't abide, though, was the strong fake tan smell. And, because you're supposed to apply it regularly in order to build up the colour, the dreadful biscuity smell just never seemed to go away. It was extremely overpowering. That's why I stopped using it.

If you can put up with the smell, you might like it.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I too have been looking at this, my sister who has very pale milky white skin had good results with this, she used it every other day as advised and was rewarded with a lovely natural tan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
if you want hint of a tint or to stop you looking like a milk bottle, it's not good if you want to look like an orange.

I found it plenty moisturising. If you have REALLY dry skin you may want more. They've brought a face lotion out as well.

I found it very easy to use and got nice results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say, there are also two varieties - a lighter one (gives perfect colour for very pale people like myself) and a darker one (which I didn't dare use).

Eve - Did the smell not bother you? Mind you, I remember reading that the ingredient that causes the biscuity smell reacts more with some people than with others. Unfortunately, I seem to be one of the unlucky ones. Crying or Very sad
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I tried this and hated it as the colour was awful and it streaked and blotched. If you want a wonderful tan and moisturiser then try Kosmea. It dries instantly, the colour is lovely and only fades gradually just like a real tan and the smell is wonderful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:55 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Forgot to say, there are also two varieties - a lighter one (gives perfect colour for very pale people like myself) and a darker one (which I didn't dare use).

Eve - Did the smell not bother you? Mind you, I remember reading that the ingredient that causes the biscuity smell reacts more with some people than with others. Unfortunately, I seem to be one of the unlucky ones. Crying or Very sad

hmmm I'll let you know tonight, I can't say I've noticed a biscuity smell Confused I consider it my duty to find out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
hmmm I'll let you know tonight, I can't say I've noticed a biscuity smell Confused I consider it my duty to find out!

It's probably only my weird skin then! *sob* Laughing

bushy - That Kosmea tan sounds very interesting. Does it have a pronounced biscuity smell and is it easy to apply? I'm tempted to give it a go.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
The Kosmea Sunless Tan does not smell like any tanning lotion. If you are familiar with the smell of the Kosmea sunscreen lotion then it smells just like that, a very mild extremely pleasant smell. I am so glad I happened to try it and won't use anything else now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hurray! Sounds good to me! Very Happy

How long does the tan last, bushy?

I'm also looking at their Rosehip Oil, or maybe Trilogy's - as I can get that shipped from NZ at a much cheaper price than we can buy it here in the UK (despite the shipping fee).

It does sound like a really lovely range.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
trilogy is supposed to be amazing. although it's a NZ product (and in fact from wellington where i live) i haven't tried it yet! how bad is that!
but, my next purchase will be their eye cream, apparently (according to the SA at the natural cosmetic shop where i buy my dr h) is really good. then we'll see how i get on from there.

let us know how you get on with it.

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
The tan from Kosmea gradually faded out after about three weeks without a reapplication. If it is applied about once a week there is no fade.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Ooh I havent tried Kosmea's self tan but certainly will now! I like virtually all of their other products ( and live in Adelaide where it is made) and have given overseas friends the travel/starter set a few times for a gift because it is a great Australian brand! Very Happy
Now... are you sure it doesnt get that "smell" after a few hours even? It is the Dihydroxyacetone that all of the fake tans contain ( unless they are just wash off) that causes that smell after the required chemical reaction with your skin's amino acids takes place. They often smell lovely when you put them on but then you wake up in the middle of the night and it is so obvious! It fades after you shower but still...I feel like everyone else can smell it!! I dont know if they can or not because strangely enough... I dont think I have noticed it on anyone else! Rolling Eyes

Still think I might give it a go anyway! Thanks for the tip Bushy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
bushy - Wow, that sounds amazing! I have to get me some of that! Very Happy

Kiwigirl - The eye stuff does sound excellent, but my next venture will be Darren's PSF line. His Stimu-Coll has been so highly recommended that I'd be crazy not to try it. Very Happy

But I'll definitely be buying some Trilogy Rosehip Oil. Their facial moisturiser sounds very interesting, too.

muzzie - I think it's just you and me in the whole wide world who smell overpoweringly of rancid biscuits post-fake tan! Let's see if this Kosmea stuff can work its wonders on us and free us from our curse. Laughing
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
oh yes majorb, i splashed out and got the psf vitamin c serum (12%), and i love love love it! next time i'll order other psf products at the same time so that the shipping isn't so bad!

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi majorb, hehehe... yeah! We must have weird skin (not! ooh or good noses) .... you know I am going to adopt your "biscuity" description and use that often! Love it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl - I've just ordered some of the 12% Serum and the Hydrating Eye Cream, along with the Stimu-Coll. I'm nearly beside myself with excitement waiting for it to arrive! (How sad am I to get so worked up about skincare! Laughing )

muzzie - Please feel free! Laughing BTW do you have biscuits over there? Or are they cookies like in the US? Otherwise you're going to confuse everyone with the biscuity description. Laughing
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hehe... Yep! We have biscuits here... bickies! Cookies only if they are say great big huge choc chip things or something.. chunkier. Regular packets though like you dunk in your tea are biscuits! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I'm not too sure that one of those American gravy biscuits (which I do actually love) would taste quite the same if you dipped it into tea somehow. Laughing
micha_852
5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
i found it to be pretty crap.
the colour looked okay but the main problem with it was that it just doesn't soak in...especially in the heat in Australia. It just makes a film over the top of your skin and if your in any kind of heat it will just drip off you like u've had a shower.
i don't have freakishly oily skin or anything on my body and moiturisers usually do soak in, but this one just dripped off...yuck.
and as soon as i was around other people who actually had real tans, i looked once again like a pale ghost in comparison.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully, in our distinctly non-Australian-style British weather, it might be better. (After all, there have to be some benefits with having to live somewhere permanently damp and cold. Laughing )
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
bushy & muzzie - Well, I bought myself some Kosmea Self-tan and Rosehip Oil Serum.

Haven't tried the Roship Oil yet, but applied the self-tan last night - only to my upper body, though.

The scent was lovely when I was applying it. Only problem was that it's suprisingly runny, so I did waste quite a bit by mistake. I think it would be much better in a bottle with small opening, rather than a tube, for that reason.

This morning, my tan was a nice, natural, non-orangey colour. I can detect a slight biscuity fake tan whiff if I put my nose to my skin and sniff, but it's nothing like the all-pervading, choking, full-on biscuit factory stench I normally get with self-tan products.

I found that it dried fairly quickly. Just to be sure, I waited 20 minutes before getting into my pyjamas and going to bed. Definitely no film on the skin, thankfully, as micha had experienced.

Now I'm going to wait to see how well it lasts and whether it fades patchily or not.

I'm impressed so far.

bushy - Do you know if it can be applied to the face? And if so, did you find it to be good for that?

Don't worry if not, as I'm very happy with my usual Clarins facial tanner. Just wanted to see if I could try the Kosmea there to see how it works there.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb
I have never tried it on my face as I already have a slight tan but I can't see any reason why not as I believe all the ingredients are quite natural.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Then I'll give it a go! Very Happy

Used the Rosehip Serum for the first time last night and really liked it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |