Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermatologist’s Microdermabrasion Vacuum System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:47 am      Reply with quote
has anyone used "Dermatologist’s Microdermabrasion Vacuum System" I recently saw it on http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72762.asp?promo=gi_forher I wanted to buy it but i don't seem to find review about it anywhere....I have done spa microdermaabrasion and I love them...but I don't have money to continue with spa treatment...I was wondering if this could replace spa treatments....

by the way...I also use Epidermx..and like it a lot

thanks everyone
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I never used it but always wondered if there is one out there that is affordable. Where would you get the crystals to refill?
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
It is fairly affordable ($150) if it works....spa treatments usually 100 dollars for one session...I just don't want to buy it if it doesn't work. The refill are available on the same website as the machine.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I had a chance to read it better. I would like to know, how strong is the strength of blasting the crystals and how long would the machine keep its power/strength when blasting the crystals.

Is this machine comparable to commerical machines?

Do you think the crystal refill is reasonable price?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Evelin,

Did you buy it? Can you share what you think?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
This system looks interesting ... but I too have a question.

What is the composition of the crystals that it uses? The ones used by professionals are a type of garnet.

I don't think, however, that it is as powerful as a professional grade machine ... just based on price and common sense.

Still ... it might do a better job than most home dermabrasion kits.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Also, could it be better then DermaNew scrubs?
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to wait before I buy it....I am short on money but I am definetly considering giving it a try...maybe in a few months
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Please let me know when you get it.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
there is supposed to be a place online where you can by the pure fused corundum crystal (the stuff they use in epidermx), so if the stuff they sell with the machine is no good you can source from somwhere else.
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone ...ok, I haven't bought this microdermaabrasion system yet and trying to convince myself that I deserve it for my birthday (Aug).
I am a little reluctant because I can't find any reviews on it. However, if I buy from hammacher it should be easy to return it. I also found that it is made by company called crystalift http://www.crystalift.com/.
so, what do you guys think...
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
evelin wrote:
hi everyone ...ok, I haven't bought this microdermaabrasion system yet and trying to convince myself that I deserve it for my birthday (Aug).
I am a little reluctant because I can't find any reviews on it. However, if I buy from hammacher it should be easy to return it. I also found that it is made by company called crystalift http://www.crystalift.com/.
so, what do you guys think...

I didn't buy that particular machine, but I bought a similar one and ended up returning it.

See my review below.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23988

The one I bought you weren't able to adjust though. I just found it didn't seem more effective than a manual scrub and I was worried about getting refills of the crystals. AND ... I had used the machine I bought on a Saturday night and by Monday my face seemed to be reacting a bit to some irritation. I had also just started using the Kate Sommerville line, so I wasn't sure what was the culprit. Since then, I gradually reintroduced the KS products and my face is getting better, so I'm wondering if it was the Vegeclat (micro-crystals) that came with my machine? Hard to say though, since I didn't try it a second time. I ended up returning it.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking to see if anyone has tried the crystalift microdermabrasion machine yet. I'm looking to invest in a home system since the professional series are astronomical. I'm currently using EII, which I am happy with, but wondering if a home micro machine is more effective.www.crystalift.com

Found Limited reviews: http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~10/id_~4941/forum_id_~158

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
Just checking to see if anyone has tried the crystalift microdermabrasion machine yet. I'm looking to invest in a home system since the professional series are astronomical. I'm currently using EII, which I am happy with, but wondering if a home micro machine is more effective.www.crystalift.com

Found Limited reviews: http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~10/id_~4941/forum_id_~158

what is EII??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:05 am      Reply with quote
EII is Epidermx II, a home microdermabrasion scrub. I use and love it myself.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
EII is Epidermx II, a home microdermabrasion scrub. I use and love it myself.

thanks, I should have known that. I still have a jar of the regular stuff...and since they aren't making it anymore, I'm using it VERY sparingly. Wink

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello, i have had the crystalift system for about a month and it works good! i used to get in-office treatments but it was too expensive and i just didnt have the time to go there all the time. So i bought this for X-mas and works just as well. you can adjust the strenght and each capsules should last for about 2 treatments. and u get four so that about 8 weeks of treatment per pack. And honestly if something really works, u wont mind shelling out 40 bucks every month 1/2 for a new pack. Anyways just thought i would let you know. i got mine at Hammacher
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
That looks like a pretty good system. For the price of one trip to the esthetician I would rather microdermabrasion my skin at home.
johnmactavish

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I bought the crystalift. I initially bought one for my parents. they are in their seventies.

I also bought them red LED light bulbs, the ones with 660nm wavelength, which i heard NASA used in their research in cell rejuvenation, to help with their fine lines and akin rejuvenation.

What I would do was use the crystalift weekly on them and then the red LED light for 15 minutes after to decrease inflammation and senhance the skin rejuvenation. I would also do the red light for 15 min everyday..

After a month, their skin improved. But now they don't want the red LED light therapy because they have to do it everyday. I guess when they noticed the difference they just wanted to stop doing it but it should be done everyday.

So i started using the crystalift and the red and blue LED lights for my acne and acne scars.

recently i ran out of the crystals, but kept using the crystalift.

without the crystals its like a suction pore cleanser. its not as strong but strong enough to lean the pores of any dirt or oil.

now i use the crystalift this way everyday before i apply benzoyl peroxide. then ill do 15 minutes of blue (415nm) LED light then 15 minutes of red LED light.

you don't have to buy the crystal refills. the machine works great as a suction pore cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |