Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Couple of Reviews...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica:
Skin Smoothing Cream: Love it! I just bought my second tube. It moisturizes my dried out winter skin (probably will be too heavy for winter so I'll go back to active moist). Cleared up skin (from a recent milia breakout) and my skin feels and looks awesome.

Super cleansing gel: I just started using this again but now I notice that compared to the OCM it does not take off makeup very well. Still works ok for morning and for cleansing a clean face.

Skin conditioner:spray on toner. It is ok. Not something I would repurchase.

Cream Exfoliant: Not impressed. I noticed very little difference and it actually made me break out a little after using this product.

Neutrogena Eye Cream: For deep wrinkles. I would say it is just ok. Does not moisturize very well and I found my eyelids to be a bit itchy. I put my moisturizer (dermalogica on my eyes before this and it has worked ok. I noticed my eyelids and under are smoother but not sure if it is the eyecream or the moisturizer.

Aveno Dry Skin body moisturizer: LOVE THIS!!! I can actually skip a day in between applications and its the middle of winter!!! It is the one for itch relief...smells kinda like menthol. LOVE!!!

Apricot Scrub: I used this stuff in high school and for some weird reason I stopped. I have used very expensive exfoliants and nothing compares to this stuff. It is cheap and you get a bunch! I use the gental one for everyday exfoliating and the normal one for once a week before my mask (Queen Helene)! It has (I feel) completly cured my milia outbreak and I am sold on this stuff. I have heard bad things about it but when you get right down to it...it works and that is all I'm asking for.

My skin is finally on its way to healing and I couldnt be happier. I finally looked in the mirror and didnt get discouraged!

I bought some drugstore make up.....
Covergirl Outlast!!! I'm really impressed. I bought it to cover some of my really bad breakout scars and I think the primer helps the moisture stay in my skin though out the day. The coverage is medium...not too heavy and I matched my color on the first try. I was impressed. Normally I use mineral makeup but with my dry skin it has been looking kinda chalky. For liquid I normally use MAC...just to compare.

Covergirl blush: The one with one big one in the center and two smaller colors on each side. I bought coral and I'm also really impressed. The color is subtle and great. Stays on all day and it was free with my foundation.

Sally Hansen lip gloss: nude and peach...love the gloss but the colors are too light. They are really moisturizing....supposed to plump but NOT! I also bought the clear one that is supposed to plump...dont buy!! It stings and tastes terrible and it dries your lips.

Revlon Lengths Mascara: Its new...its in a beige and gold tube....it is awesome! I LOVE IT!!! Lengthens and does not get all clumpy!

I think that is all for now...I went a little crazy the last couple of days.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Great reviews Olivia! I HAVE to try the Aveno body lotion now. I don't know why, but I absolutely HATE to put lotion all over and if this will allow me to do it only every other day, then it's a winner in my book! Laughing
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree...I hate putting on lotion everyday. And I think I forgot to add it but the scrub was st. ives...I also checked the blush...it is called instant cheekbones.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Great reviews Olivia Very Happy
I have tried the Aveeno Dry Skin Moisturiser and I can ssecond your rave it is fantastic. I only needed to use it every couple of days.
I am still yet to try the Apricot scrub, I think I sniffed it once when I was shopping in Boots and didn't mind the scent Laughing
The Revlon Mascara sounds good too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Why is it that we'll take the time and effort, and really enjoy it, putting stuff on our face, but dislike taking the time and effort to moisturize our body? I'm the same way. During the week, I feel so rushed in the morning to get ready and get to the office. I'm gonna try the Aveeno.

Apricot Scrub: I rotate between using this and a finer srub. I do like to use this during the summer months when I use self-tanning creams.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the regular apricot scrub and the "gentle" one...I rotate so I dont over exfoliate. I have found that it is keeping the milia in check...and my skin feels so soft and my makeup goes on better. I have tried lots of products but St Ives is inexpensive and does the job...you cant ask for much more.

I've used the aveeno shower gel for dry skin and it also works nice...I may try using that as well as the moisturizer...I may only need to moisturze every 3 days. I agree Debra...it does not seem fair that I spend an hour every night on my face and no time at all on my body. I need to change that!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |