Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Reverse lip liners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I´m quite intrigued by the concept of reverse lip liners, as I hate the look of ordinary liners and the thought of the lighter shade optically making my upper lip looking plumper is alluring.

The problem is that I easily get blackheads in the pores just outside my upper lip (quite a few lipbalms has this effect on me), and I´m afraid the reverse lip liner would worsen the problem.

I´ve seen that the Cargo one gets better reviews than the DuWop,- could anyone who´s tried either please comment on how they work?

Thanks
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I’ve used both reverse lip liners and I have to say that I prefer the one from Duwop. The reason? The Cargo reverse lipliner is a very light flesh-color (thick old fashioned concealor “stick”) that is is peachy-pink and seems more on the “warm” side. Unless the Cargo liner exactly matches your skin tone and coloring, it looks really obvious that you’ve got a “ring” around your lips because the consistency of the pencil is really hard to blend smoothly and if you’re not careful it can look really cake-y around your mouth – especially if you don’t exfoliate your lips and lip perimeter regularly. The consistency of the Cargo reverse liner actually feels a lot like one of those old concealor sticks, too!

I was lucky enough to be one of the ones for whom the Cargo reverse liner matched my skin perfectly but another friend who tried it, and who has coloring similar to mine except she’s a “cool,” found it looked really freakish on her mouth.

I used my Cargo liner for over a year without any complaints and no thoughts of trying out the one from Duwop until I got one as part of a swap on MUA. Once I tried it, I realized it was ten times better than my Cargo liner so I ended up tossing it into my “reject” makeup bag.

The single biggest difference between the Cargo and Duwop liner is the fact that the Duwop reverse liner goes on completely transparent so you don’t actually even need to blend the line at all after you apply it so I believe it would work for any skin tone or color from the palest “Albino” fair skin to the darkest mocha African-American princess! It’s hard for me to describe the feel/consistency of the Duwop reverse liner, but I want to say it’s sort of a slippery-waxy feel (maybe “crayon-like”?) and it doesn’t really physically feel like you’ve applied anything to the perimeter of your mouth, unlike the Cargo which feels like you’ve lined your lips with that old concealor stick!

I *do* need to state that neither one of these reverse lip liners completely stops your lip gloss or lipstick from migrating outside the border of your lips, but the difference it makes is like night and day so I’d say it was like a 90% improvement over not wearing any type of lipliner at all. The best part about the reverse liners is that you don’t have to worry about matching the color of your liner to the shade of lipstick or gloss you’re wearing to ensure that you don’t get that whorish and garish pale lips with dark lipliner look (a la Pamela Anderson and other devotees of the “Alexis Vogel” school of makeup application techniques)!!

Sharky - I still have what’s left of my Cargo reverse liner lounging in one of my makeup bags that I’m never going to use again. It needs to be sharpened (uses standard-sized sharpener for “thin” makeup pencils) – sharpening would also serve to “sterlize” it – but you’re welcome to it. PM me with your address and I’ll pop it in the mail to you when I get home.

HTH,
Carrie

ETA: IMHO, I think the Duwop reverse liner would be less comodogenic (sp! – “doesn’t cause breakouts”) and/or less likely to aggrevate the blackheads on the vermillion of your lips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
i just chance upon this product the other day. *hide* i m really a late starter on cargo. i m a NC25, do you think this lipliner will be suitable for me?

actually i wanted to get a lipliner that is close to my skin color.
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I've read up quite abit on these as I normally have a habit of using lip liner. but normally those nude colors as I find it a hassle to try match a color for my lipstick (I have tons so to match I would need alot of liners!).

So these works just like lip liner just outside our lip line? I wouldn't mind if it doesn't totally stop bleeding but I want it to define my lips more.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
mystixx wrote:
So these works just like lip liner just outside our lip line?
Yes. And if you get the Duwop Reverse Lip Liner (approx $18USD) or the Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner (approx $8USD), then it is completely transparent so you don't have to worry about matching your skintone (necessary for the Cargo Reverse LipLiner).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
oh thanks! I'll look out for these the next time! they sound really good to me..
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just took the plunge and ordered the Cargo Reverse Lip Liner, foolishly having done no research! I agree with Carrie that the color is kind of off for many skintones - for example, I'm cool and very pale - but it still worked okay if I blended it. I wasn't using it for gloss, but more to keep a liquid stain like Benetint from feathering into the tiny hairline wrinkly cracks around my lips that I would never even notice if bright pink ink didn't seep into them!

I could see how the Cargo one might clog pores slightly, but I get blackheads around my lips and it didn't seem too heavy to me. The color wasn't a perfect match but just a little finger-blending meant it looked highlighting, but still natural - like my lips were fuller and better-defined. Next time around I'll probably try Duwop, now that I know it exists, but like Carrie I'm perfectly happy with the Cargo one for now. Maybe I'll get both and alternate!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing - the Cargo liner did seem to emphasize my, ah, lady-moustache! I have blonde facial hair that never used to be a problem, so I'm not sure if it was going off the pill or what, but suddenly I'm noticing it much more around my mouth. It's not super-bad, but it's enough that I've been toying with the idea of some sort of hair-removal process - and this reverse liner sort of made it even more obvious, I thought. But then I'm super-self-conscious about it lately, so maybe it's all in my head! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |