Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Pevonia Review from Yonka-Girl
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! Wave wave!

Sorry, it has been like a decade since I last posted but I was busy getting married, graduating from law school, taking the Bar Exam, starting the new job, etc. So, you know, I only had like 1 minute of each day to spare (and that was usually spent sleeping)!

On another note, I have started to use the Pevonia line over the past 5-6 months and really wanted to give you my impressions. I know Pevonia isn't all that popular on this forum but here's my take on it.

FYI, I'm not giving up on Yonka. I've been using Yonka for nearly 3-4 years now and you know skincare -- you've got to "switch" skin care lines every 3 years or so because the products stop working. Your skin essentially builds an immunity to them (so says my aesthetician).

So I tried switching to BioMedic and La-Roche-Posay but my skin reacted so negatively. Those are both GREAT lines but my aesthetician says that my skin is used to the "herbally" and "plant" products (like Yonka). Biomedic and La-Roche both have more chemical products (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide-type chemicals) so my skin just goes NUTS when I put those chemicals on.

So Pevonia . . . below are the products I've tried. I know I should post these in like 6 reviews but I honestly think this is more useful and easier to read Smile The reviews start out boring but get more intense so bear with me!

Phyto Gel Cleanser:
My aesthetician uses this on me but I don't use it at home. I still opt for the Yonka Gel Cleanser as the best make up remover in town. The Pevonia gel cleanser is light and foamy but nothing extra special in my eyes.

Combination Cleanser:
Very light and creamy -- doesn't really take off make up that well but smells good Smile

Lotion for Combination Skin (toner):
Pretty average -- smells VERY good but nothing too special. Kind of drying for my skin type (oily / acneic), believe it or not.

Clarigel Exfoliating Cleanser:
WONDERFUL PRODUCT. It's a bluish green cleanser with beads in it and smells very citrus-y. A little goes a long way so don't oversqueeze the bottle. Squeeze a little bit into your palm and then mix in a bit of water and lather on skin. It does get a bit foamy but it's soooooooooooooooooooooo nice. The after effect on your skin is great (and this is coming from someone who uses Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant religiously).

Clarifyl (Acne) Care Cream:
Toooooo strong for my skin. Dried me out in 2 days and my aesthetician thought I burned myself.

To remedy the dryness and the acne (ironically, the dryness of the Acne Care Cream didn't solve my acne problem):
THREE FABULOUS PRODUCTS:

1. Rosacea Lotion (toner) -- this toner smells soooooooooooo good (almost like roses). I don't have Rosacea, mind you, but it does help any acneic redness and "swelling" after extractions. I just LOVED the smell and bought a bottle after my facial and it works wonders. It is definitely not drying (like the Combination Skin lotion).

2. Propolis Concentrate -- this is made from bee propolis and is almost as good as Yonka Juvenil (and you gals KNOW how much I love the Juvenil). Let's put it this way. Juvenil, if used too much, will end up drying your skin. The Pevonia Propolis is antibacterial AND it helps nourish your skin -- so it's like the POWER of Juvenil PLUS the nourishment of vitamins and moisturizer! It's FANTASTIC -- it comes in a little pump bottle and a little goes a long way. My skin just SOAKS this stuff up. I think the instructions say to use it once or twice a week but I used it for 2 weeks straight when my skin was traumatized from the winter dryness and the dryness caused by the Clarifyl Acne Cream. You can pump the product into your palm and work the product (massaging) into your skin. Your skin will SOAK IT UP SO FAST -- but don't think you need more because you probably don't. It is definitely one of my favorite new products (albeit a bit pricey) but it is FABULOUS for those traumatic times when you have popped too many pimples and have dried them out with too many acne products and all your moisturizers only add to the problem. The Propolis did NOT cause more acne and, instead, helped heal the "wounds" and redness.

3. Rosacea Care Cream -- Again, I do not have rosacea (not that I know of) -- but the rosacea products in Pevonia's line are SO suitable for sensitive/acne skin. My skin is sensitive in that it reddens very easily (esp with extractions) . . . I pick at my skin a lot so I know this (yes yes, I know I shouldn't). The thing is -- this is the ONE cream that I can use on my skin that doesn't break me out but also MOISTURIZERS my skin. Yonka Creme 15 and PG were both not moisturizing enough since they had anti-acne properties. But after using the Rosacea Care Cream for just ONE WEEK, my skin was so supple and SOFT. It was so fabulous -- it was like BABY soft and I haven't felt my skin feel that way in a LONG time. It's just amazing that the rosacea care cream can MOISTURIZE so well, yet it does not cause any breakouts on my skin (which usually is prone to breakouts if there is anything "moisturizing" on my skin).

All in all, Pevonia is a great line as a substitute for Yonka. Perhaps in 3 years I will switch back to Yonka but right now I'm exclusively Pevonia except for 1) Yonka Mask, 2) Yonka Juvenil (haven't used in a while due to my new-found love for the Propolis), and 3) Yonka Gel (DUH!!!!!!! WHO WOULD GIVE THIS UP?).

Of course, botanical products aren't for everyone but I think I have "trained" my skin to react to botanicals so these types of products work for me (as opposed to salicylic acid-based products which are too harsh on my skin now).

Let me know if any of you have questions on the products above. I don't have much time to check the boards lately but I will come back often enough to lurk and read Smile

Hope everyone is doing very well!
Lisa
Mabsy

Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa - it's good to see you back here again!

One question or suggestion from me - have you tried the exfoliating cream mask? It's the enzymospherides one. I was actually on the fance about this for a while but I really like it now. It's an enzyme based exfoliator.

ps. You make me want to try the clarigel exfoliating cleanser.... which I so don't need right now! Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy I too started drooling over the exfoliating cleanser review Laughing
Congratulations on getting married, graduating and taking your bar exam.......I'm exhausted just writing that!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy!

YES! I forgot about the Enzymo-Spherides! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that product -- and it smells so good I could EAT it! It smells of papaya and pineapple, I believe, and it is a FANTASTIC exfoliator! I almost want to use it EVERY DAY due to its smell but it dries me out if I use it daily so I have to stop myself! Embarassed

But yes -- I totally forgot to write about that for some reason (too many products probably)!

Wow, now I really want to go hope in the shower to use it. My aesthetician says the best time to use it is in the shower -- make sure your skin has soaked up some of the heat. Then massage the product in for a minute and leave on for 2-3 minutes in the shower (letting it absorb more heat), and then wash off and your skin is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft.

I'm SO shocked at how well Pevonia is working. I thought I was Yonka-girl forever, but I guess I can convert! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa - Laughing Glad you *really* seem to like it Smile I love the smell of it too even though I am not a big fan of pineapples. I found the same thing with dryness when I use it too often (it just feels so relaxing though) but I can use it twice weekly with no problems.

Have you tried the Pevonia eye cream or eye gel at all? I liked both of those as well.... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Lisa on your wedding, your studies and your new job. Very Happy

Thanks for posting the review. You make me want to try Pevonia now...(like I haven't enough to try already! uwaaah!)

Bad Grin

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Since I was looking for a good mild exfoliating cleanser I decided to order Pevonia Clarigel cleanser today.

I just re-ordered my third 16 oz bottle of Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing gel which I loved. Imagine my dismay when the latest bottle wasn't the consistency that I fell in love with. The formula I had in the past was a light green gel with tiny granules of whatever in it. The latest bottle was thicker gel with no granules. I wrote MB and they said the granules were a result of the product breaking down because they didn't use many preservatives. Yikes! Now they tell me!

Anyway, I'm hoping to fall in love with Pevonia!

-Cheri
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth - I was recommended the Pevonia Enzyme Mask for my flaky skin, and I just love it! It's so gentle, even on my sensitive skin. Just this morning I noticed my skin was looking a bit flaky, so I used the mask before going out, and my skin was soft and smooth. I love the fact that it's so quick to use.

I'm currently waiting for an order which includes the Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser (not the Clarigel), which I'm hoping to like, although having another look at the product description I think I might have misunderstood - I didn't really want a cleanser with exfoliating particles, I hope it's not one of those!

Having read this topic, I'm now VERY tempted to try more Pevonia - the Rosacea Toner and the Propolis concentrate sound very nice...

Auuuughhhh!! I really HAVE to start finishing what I've already got before trying anything new! Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Yulia
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased Pevonia Clarigel Exfoliating Cleanser hoping it would be my new favorite. I love too exfoliate and prefer to as I cleanse. The Clarigel was way to drying for my skin, even after just one use. My face felt very tight and dry immediately after which is something I don't normally experience with cleansing exfoliants or any cleanser. I always use a cleansing oil first (in this case MAC Cleanse Off) to remove makeup. I loved the scent, loved the texture, it's just not for me. Also I prefer a flip top cap on any of my cleansers, which this one didn't have.

Maybe Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser would be best for me.

-Cheri
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Pevonia is on my list to possibly buy. Currently I'm sampling the O2 Dry Skin Cream. I'm so hoping I don't breakout, which I usually do if the cream has stearic acid in it (yes this cream contains it) Sad I've only used it for 2 days and sadly enough I have a small pimple already. Mad I really need a new night cream as my favorite MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream is almost gone. I've used this for the past 2 winters and am getting alittle bored Embarassed

A few other products I'd like to try by Pevonia are the Lightening Gel and the C Complex along with some that were mentioned in the above posts.

Maybe Pevonia will work out--keeping my fingers crossed. Smile I do love Yonka's cleansers and toners though Exclamation Exclamation My faves Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent reviews - thanks chunlisa! I am already using Pevonia but had wanted to try a couple of the items you mentioned, and now I will Smile
the propolis especially sounds great

After reading about the switching of products every 3 years - I think I will be switching to Yonga (I have 2.5 years to go! lol)
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |