Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Favourite blush brand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Im looking for a good blush with a nice variety of colors. My skin has an olive undertone and would like a color that would look great on my skin. Which make-up brands should i look at? Pout, NARS, MAC, Bobby Brown etc?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I cannot fault MAC when it comes to Blush, they have a fantastic colour and texture vararity. I have never bothered trying the other 2 brands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Im wondering about Bobbi Brown's Shimmer brick. Used as a blush or bronzer, anybody try it? It looks pretty

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
ooooo don't, I have been lemming this myself, I telling myself that I really don't need any more make-up Confused
Here are some Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Reviews:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=0&brandname=&brand=35&title=Shimmer+Brick&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
thanks rosebud Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale makes a nice blush that last
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wish i can try on those Jane Iredale blushes before i purchase

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I really love Stila's little Rouge Pots - easy to apply and give a lovely natural colour.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
anybody try NARS blushes?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any NARS products, but I hear that the NARS blush in "Orgasm" is wildly popular. It's a soft warm apricot shade that is apparently universally flattering on all skin tones.

People are always raving about it on make-up discussion boards & it gets lots of mentions in beauty magazines. Might be one to check out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz wrote:
I haven't tried any NARS products, but I hear that the NARS blush in "Orgasm" is wildly popular. It's a soft warm apricot shade that is apparently universally flattering on all skin tones.

People are always raving about it on make-up discussion boards & it gets lots of mentions in beauty magazines. Might be one to check out!
I didn't care for the Orgasm powder blush, but the cream formulation (“NARS The Multiple” in “Portofino”) is my holy grail, everyday blush!

The other two blush-type products that I’ve been itching to try, based on MUA reviews and/or winning awards in beauty magazines like InStyle, are:

• Prescriptives Pressed Powder in “Leaves” –
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=34493/Pressed_Powder_Leaves/Prescriptives/Blush/

and

• Laura Geller’s Bronze-N-Brighten – http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=34499/Bronze-N-Brighten/Laura_Geller/Bronzers/

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
i agree with carekate, as always she is giving good advice ...
'orgasm' did not work for me. even on my very light skin it did not show at all. btw, 'Luminous' milani blush is everything i hoped 'orgasm' to be and it only costs $3.

my favorite nars blush is 'cactus flower'. on my skin it looks as if it was touched by coold, fresh air. the blush looks scary in a package, so i bought it only after reading mua reviews. it is my favorite now.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Yes, i always hear ppl rave about the orgasm blush! But im also wondering if the NARS multiple would be good? My skin color is olive a bit tanned

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Yes, i always hear ppl rave about the orgasm blush! But im also wondering if the NARS multiple would be good? My skin color is olive a bit tanned
Yes, NARS the Multiple in the shade called “Portofino” (cream version of the infamous “Orgasm”) should work. Do you have a department store or something up there where you can go test it out? Most people have found that where the actual Orgasm powder blush is too light or bright, that Portofino works just perfectly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
^ thanks carekate, yes i do have a store where i can test NARS products out. However if i guy the product, i cannot return it. So i have to choose wisely on the shade i want

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like Cargo. Their blushes don't seem to have talc in them which can look dull on the skin. Great color selection and the pans a big.

NARS are great too. I especially love 'Exhibit A' and 'Desire'. I find NARS to be highly pigmented and hard milled (which last longer).

Then there's MAC. Great blushes and great selection.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love MAC blush. Pink Swoon and Pinch O Peach seem really flattering on most people. I do have the Milani in Luminous and did the lemming thing with NARS Orgasm. Both colors I found not that great on - the shimmers seem to show every pore!
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do like the texture of the Stila rouge pots, but all the colors are too light for me. Powder blushes look fake on my face and its hard to find a nice cream shade! Currently I'm using the Sonia Kashuk? (not sure about that spelling)cream blush from target and it's not too bad, actually the color is pretty natural looking. I would like to try the Nars next!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm in love with the NARS blushes. I like Orgasm (who doesn't!!!) Bad Grin but in the summer when I'm out in the sun alot, it doesn't really show up on my skin.
Gilda is a nice color...its somewhat scary looking at it, but it goes on nicely and depending on how much you apply I think anyone could use this shade.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use NARS blushes (The Multiple) in Antibes which is a mauve color and NARS (Cream Blush compact) in Penny Lane which is a peach color. I prefer cream blushes over powder blushes which seem to make my pores and fine lines more noticeable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I remember looking at the Nars Blush but when I saw the price.....they cast more than MAC!!!
Also there are so many brands nows that have brought out the same shades as Nars Orgasm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
That is true but I still go for Nars Orgasm Very Happy
The Original!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Ive got Nars Orgasm and really like it but my current fave is definitely Cargo's Beach blush in Miami. Its shimmery but has plenty of pigment density and blends really well. Its perfect for my pale skin! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
BB Shimmerbricks are more for highlighting imo, I've used the beige one for a year now, it adds a nice shimmery glow but very little colour.
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/images/products/BLSH-HINT-lg.jpg
I really like a neutral pinky shade of blush for my light olive skin in the winter, right now I'm using Paula's Choice Hint of Tan, it looks dark in the pot but I use very little on my high apples and it's like my natural winter flush. I'm using it along with BB's beige shimmerbrick and/or MAC bronzer in Golden and/or Trucco bronzer in After Glow (fabulous light olive toned bronzer but just wish it had less chunky glitter, great for evening out though) In the summer I'm a NARS Orgasm girl, love it!!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
My fave brand for blush is MAC cos of their wide range..currently using pink swoon n love it i'm also quite tan and blushes tend to turn orange on my face but this color is natural n i think MAC has a wide variety..just ask any of the staff for help Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |