Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Logistics behind HA pills for lip enhancement
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
By another poster who is a chemist I belive. Many women rely on his input for skincare needs:
Perhaps someone could debate this....
"I'll give you my honest opinion on this one, and keep in mind, I am not a doctor so this is just an opinion. I'd like to say that I am a bit skeptical that this would work in pill form. Think about the process when you take a pill. It goes into your stomach where it goes through a rather rough, acidic digestion process. A LOT of things never make it past this digestionion process intact and available for use. After the digestion process, if the material makes it intact it goes into the bloodstream where it also gets processed, and sometimes removed, by the liver. IF, and that is a big "IF", the material survives these processes then perhaps some of it may make it to the lips. Then would it work on the lips, I just don't know?

But in my honest opinion, I don't think this is going to work as something you would intially take internally. The chondroitin and calcium may make it, but I doubt the hyaluronic acid and collagens would make it. And then why, would they work preferentially, on just the lip area??? "
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen a few of these disputes but as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding! Besides it makes sense that taking a supplement that the lips are composed of would help restore/enhance them.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Debate my butt. It works....
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow,

this is my thought process as well. Supplements to my knowledge do not work over night and sometimes you need to take them for months before they have an effect on your body. By the time your body digests certain things you rid of it before it has a chance to "soak in" to your body.

this being said the only thing i wonder is how people are seeing results over night. My first thought was water retention or sleeping on your face causing puffyness.

You ever look into a mirror and think gosh i look good today or I look terrible today, but someone else thinks you look the same as you always do. I think if you want to believe in something you will see it. that being said, people on here swear by the results and have done some sort of measuring that is not really scientific but worthy of looking into it further.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
fierce wrote:

You ever look into a mirror and think gosh i look good today or I look terrible today, but someone else thinks you look the same as you always do. I think if you want to believe in something you will see it. that being said, people on here swear by the results and have done some sort of measuring that is not really scientific but worthy of looking into it further.

Interesting....
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tam: The expression actually is: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." However, your point is well taken.

I tend to disagree with the chemist's reasoning ... because that would mean that nothing we ingest would do us any good at all.

It's known, or at least it was in the 70's, that consuming large amounts of beta carotene would turn your skin a delightful shade of orange. The beta carotene made it to the skin.

Don't tell the late actor James Coburn that the supplements he took for his crippling arthritis didn't get to his joints. Taking MSM enabled him to return to work ... got him out of a wheelchair. The MSM managed to get to his joints ...

How does aspirin reach and calm pain if it doesn't get to the source of that pain?

The truth is that as the body ages, it becomes deficient in some nutrients. Once those nutrient levels are restored, then the supplements affect the parts of the body that utilized the nutrient naturally.

Now taking hyaluronic acid supplements isn't going to give you lips like Angelina Joli ... not unless you had lips like that to begin with. However, what it does do is restore some of the natural fullness that one enjoyed in one's younger years.

Supplementation should address deficiencies, and not all areas of the body utilize every nutrient equally. Building up stores of those nutrients in your body will help various areas of the body that draw upon those specific nutrients.

When we take beta carotene, the body converts this to Vitamin A ... and the eyes benefit from this. Take too much beta carotene and your skin turns orange.

Eat something to which you are allergic and you may break out in hives ... or your throat may close up and preclude breathing. Each body reacts to substances in its own way.

I take Hyaluronic Acid, mostly to help with my joints, but I daresay that my lips and my skin have benefitted from taking it. I am older than some of the others on this board ... so my natural stores of this are lower than someone younger. Those who noticed immediate results probably have relatively good stores of this within their body and the reaction of the lips may be associated with overflow, so to speak.

I think it's overly simplistic to say that because we ingest something, it never makes its way to the skin ... indeed, it's just wrong ... otherwise, how do you explain hives after eating something to which you are allergic.

We may not understand how the body does all these things ... but frankly, if it works, does it matter?

The bottom line is that those of us with skin challenges know that regardless of scientific data, our skin is affected by a whole host of things including what we ingest.

Just my two cents.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well i am not a chemist or a doctor but it certainly doesnt take a brain surgeon to understand that vit and suppliments do help millions of people. I think that someone has started a rucus for fun here. If they don't work for ya wendy ....don't take them. NO ONE SAID THE HA GOES TO UR LIPS ONLY ...IT GOES WHERE YOUR BODY NEEDS IT, the plus side is seems our deflated lips need it.. Laughing
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Indeed, if this chemist's theory is correct, then NO PILLs would work for the purpose which they were intended. I and dozens of people who take HA can attest to the FACT that it does work. In my case, not only on the lips, but on my "former" arthritic thumbs Very Happy

Anya
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what a lot of you have said, but I tried the HA pills for a month and didn't notice a thing. Likewise with Lucia eyelash conditioner and Prevage, to name a few other products that were ineffective for me. But I'm glad they work for others -- I only wish they would've worked for me!

I have to admit I'm wary about certain supplements. Some haven't been studied to the extent that prescription drugs have, and they're not regulated in the US. Yet their effects are hardly benign, in many instances. Beta carotene supplements have been proven to cause certain health problems, whereas eating foods rich in beta carotene is beneficial. Dosage can be key, but too often, people pop supplements with abandon, thinking more is better.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
By another poster who is a chemist I belive. Many women rely on his input for skincare needs:
Perhaps someone could debate this....
"I'll give you my honest opinion on this one, and keep in mind, I am not a doctor so this is just an opinion. I'd like to say that I am a bit skeptical that this would work in pill form. Think about the process when you take a pill. It goes into your stomach where it goes through a rather rough, acidic digestion process. A LOT of things never make it past this digestionion process intact and available for use. After the digestion process, if the material makes it intact it goes into the bloodstream where it also gets processed, and sometimes removed, by the liver. IF, and that is a big "IF", the material survives these processes then perhaps some of it may make it to the lips. Then would it work on the lips, I just don't know?

But in my honest opinion, I don't think this is going to work as something you would intially take internally. The chondroitin and calcium may make it, but I doubt the hyaluronic acid and collagens would make it. And then why, would they work preferentially, on just the lip area??? "

Yeah, our boy Darren (pbsadhaka) from PSF Skin Care basically said the same thing a few months ago in the Eureka thread:

carekate wrote:
pbsadhaka wrote:
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but taking HA orally is a waste. HA is polysaccharide. But when you ingest it, your body breaks it down through the process of digestion just as it would any other starch. The only way HA can have a benefical effect & not be broken down into sugars is to apply it topically, or to have it injected.
Sorry I didn't respond to this post sooner, but I just saw it (even though it's from last year!) Shock
I hate to burst *your* bubble, but too many of us have seen results taking HA/collagen supplements orally for it to be all in our imaginations. Have a read through this entire 16-page thread and you will see member after member after member who saw immediate results taking these supplements and who maintained the results by keeping on taking the supplements. I can't explain your science away, I just know it works.

Why do you think this thread is 16 pages long? It’s because member after member after member posted a message stating their skepticism and/or disbelief, then they went and tried it and saw the miracle for themselves, and they posted followup messages saying, “Well, I never would have believed it, but it really works!” Seriously. I challenge you to try it yourself. If you’re not personally interested in having fuller lips, then get one of your girl friends or relatives to try it. Take before and after measurements of her lips so you can see for yourself that this isn’t just some form of mass hysteria over the internet.

Although it must be noted that Darren appears to have backed off on his stance that “taking HA orally is a waste” as evidenced by his more diplomatic response recently to a question posed by Fierce in another thread:
pbsadhaka wrote:
Plumping lips - Topical Niacin, hyaluronic acid/collagen capsules (taken orally seem to give many people results)

I don’t give a flying rat’s ass what the chemists/doctors OR the science says: taking HA/Biocell Type II Collagen supplements orally works to plump your lips. Not only that, unlike what Fierce said, it works virtually overnight! If you don’t believe it, I’ll be happy to send all of the skeptics a week’s worth of HA/collagen pills for the cost of $3.50USD so you can try it for yourself. Fierce, Wenrwdy – send me your address in a PM and I’ll send you a sample of the supplements for FREE so you can see for yourself how it works!

It should be noted, however, that the moment you stop taking the supplements, your lips will deflate back to the size they were before you started taking the pills. I am not a doctor/scientist/chemist, but I’ve tried nearly every single topical lip plumping product out there and I feel very confident in saying that no matter what kind of claims a topical lip-plumping product makes, there is no such thing as one that will permanently plump your lips (even restylene injections aren’t permanent and you have to go back and get it re-done every few months) and claims such as the one from LipFusion that the product will have a CUMULATIVE plumping effect are also bullshit.

One the other handm, I’m really getting tired of having to defend the idea of taking HA/collagen supplements orally will plump your lips better than any type of topical plumping product – including the “improved” LipFusion XL which claims to that their topical HA/collagen blend will penetrate the lip tissue and provide plumping in that manner. If they can make a claim like that, why is it so hard to believe that swallowing the damn pills will work?

As you can see, this whole debate is making me feel a bit testy – please don’t pooh-pooh the concept *or* us unless you’ve tried it for yourself. As MM said:
MelissaMarie wrote:
I think that someone has started a rucus for fun here.
And I’ve been stupid enough to take the bait.

BTW, I want to react to another skincare ingredient that is supposed to help restore plumpness and natural color to the lips, DMAE. While I do not discount the possibility that this works, and I WILL be experimenting with it myself once next payday rolls around and I can pick a DMAE serum or something to use, but I do want to say that apparently I *have* used a lip product containing DMAE in the past: Dr. Perricone’s “Moist Lips” lip treatment which was the single most awful product I ever applied to my lips! I’m NOT saying that the DMAE in this product was the culprit, but all I know is that after only one day of use the stuff dried out and made my lips so horribly chapped that it take me nearly three weeks to get them healed and back to normal again! I will use that as a painful previous episode as a lesson to make sure I’m using a super-hydrating lip balm or treatment (such as my beloved Gatineau Electelle LipCare) when I’m fooling around with the DMAE....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Carrie,
No, I was not recanting my belief that taking oral HA will not result in a targeted plumping of the lips. I was merely stating that taking oral HA/collagen capsules seems to give many people results. These "results", however are completely subjective and anecdotal.

On the other hand, if people are seeing results, then what I am saying is that contrary to any scientific evidence or biochemical precedence, there may be something to it. In any case, it can't hurt to take them, so if someone feels that it is helping, then do it!
-Darren
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate,

How do I PM you? I accept your challenge.

My guess on the product you used with DMAE was not strong enough. We don't know how much they have in these products. I have been using the DMAE in liquid form for my lips. And it was said that you still must add a moisturizer as it is drying. When you apply the DMAE to your face, you must add a Moisturizer 10min later.

I CAN attest to the benefits of DMAE for FACE. I have used it, (Intensive Nutrition, DMAE Pure Strength) on my face for about a month. My skin is better and glows a bit more. My n/l fold wrinkles are almost gone on one side and COMPLETELY gone on the other side. Those wrinkles are there because of sagging. If you lift that area above the folds you'll see that you can make it go away with your hand. So obviously the DMAE is tightening the skin a bit.

At neutriceuticals.com it is only $23 I believe. Worth every penny to me. This lip thing has just came up. I thought since I had it, I might as well add it to me lips. I personally have not seen any difference.But I added it only a week ago. Perhaps it takes longer. But as with the HA pills, some swear by it.

Now I know some things work better on others. I post topics to get as much info on products as I can. and try to share as much as I can. Not to "start a rucus" I apologize if that is the impression I had given.

There is nothing wrong with debating topics. I feel I learn from them. Wouldn't life be boring if EVERYONE agreed on everything.

Reagards,

W
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I did email you Carie. Thanks again for the offer. I love experiments.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Carrie,
No, I was not recanting my belief that taking oral HA will not result in a targeted plumping of the lips. I was merely stating that taking oral HA/collagen capsules seems to give many people results. These "results", however are completely subjective and anecdotal.

On the other hand, if people are seeing results, then what I am saying is that contrary to any scientific evidence or biochemical precedence, there may be something to it. In any case, it can't hurt to take them, so if someone feels that it is helping, then do it!
-Darren
Smile
Wanna accept my challenge to try it for yourself? If I send you a week’s worth of HA/collagen pills in care of PSF, will it get to you? Would you be willing to try it? Come on – I double-dog dare you! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
When i stated that "Supplements to my knowledge do not work over night and sometimes you need to take them for months before they have an effect on your body". I was not speaking about food, I was speaking about SUPPLEMENTS.

I think this is a very intersting topic and I must say I have taken lots of supplements with no effect on my body what so ever. I have had more than one doctor tell me that supplements dont work over night, though your body might absorb amounts of whatever you are taking, alot of the time supplements are not pure.

My father is a herbologist. So i am not trying to cause problems but i do take what he has to say to heart. There is alot of hype on HA pills as there is with anything i am sure.

I think what would be a great experiment if anyone would try it;
A two week experiment of without ha/collegen pills and with. You have to be consistent with what you are eating and the times you measure your lips and not be putting on lip plumpers and other things. to me this would be a more valid or scientific experiment to prove wether it really works. After one week of measuring morning, mid-day and evening then start taking the supplements and do the very same thing for another week.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea Fierce.

I think I'll buy my own though. I really don't take anything without it being "factory sealed"

But thanks for the offer Carrie.

W
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]Wanna accept my challenge to try it for yourself? If I send you a week’s worth of HA/collagen pills in care of PSF, will it get to you? Would you be willing to try it? Come on – I double-dog dare you! Very Happy[/quote]

Laughing Carrie, you crack me up! I actually did buy HA capsules about a month ago & tried them - I didn't notice anything. I was hoping I would, as this whole thing really is beginning to fascinate me. But I did not get the HA+collagen. I only got the HA. Maybe that was the difference. I don't know. If you want me to try the ones you use with the collagen, I will. But I want to pay you for them. You shouldn't be having to give them away for free. PM me & we can discuss the details.
I'll give it an honest try, I promise! Angel

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I was really determined to stay out of this, but I anybody who knows me knows THAT never lasts....

I happen to be one of the world's biggest skeptics. Sometimes, I read posts here and just shake my head - either because I can't believe that intelligent people will swallow some of the crap they do OR because someone will read some psycho post by someone who has no damn clue what they're talking about and is obviously one slice short of a sandwich (i.e. I underwent the Thermage procedure and IT RUINED MY LIFE - I haven't had an orgasm in 3 years, the whites of my eyes have turned magenta, and I've developed an irrational fear of squirrels.... Shock ) OR they'll read something by some person who throws some letters after their name, and therefore claims professional expertise and take if for the gospel truth.

I also generally disapprove of someone who has casual knowledge of a product and then blithely goes around making recommendations to others. I know that because of the fact that I've raved about the IS Clinical line, someone will pm me and ask me for advise. By and large, I tell them to go to one of the sites that do skin analyses or to go to the IS Clinical site (because it happens to be very imformative...)

I can't help it - I hate it HATE it HATE it when somebody who has no bloody clue what they're talking about says well I FEEL blah blah blah or well MY opinion is...
Don't get me wrong, we're all entitled to our opinion, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for any other. I think that often the results we see are related to the appropriateness of a product or procedure in addressing the issue in question and sometimes I think it has to do with metabolism and, to be honest, sometimes I don't really know why something works for one person and not another.

Now that I'm done ranting, I'll get to what I wanted to say. With all my skepticism, etc. I've learned that Carrie doesn't say stuff without foundation. Admittedly, when I first read her posts about the results of the HA supplements, I was a tad skeptical. I'm not big on supplements to begin with. However, I tried it and I was delighted and amazed. I also know that taking the Murad Youth Builder supplements has a very beneficial effect on my skin.

I've seen regular members post that they've tried this or that and not gotten any result at all, or that they tried something and had AWFUL results. I don't have a problem with that. I'll read it and think to myself - ahhh that's a shame. If it happens to be something that didn't work for them but works for me, I think...damn lucky me!

I find wenrwdy@aol.com's posts to border on obnoxious. "Perhaps someone could debate this... is what I recollect from her first post. Her other posts are of a similar tone. If she's collecting data for a poll, she should say so. If she has some peculiar interest in sophistry, she should join a debating society.

If I sound pissed off it's because I am. I don't think Carrie needs to defend herself. I also think if something doesn't work for somebody, they shouldn't do it. If they're leary of trying it, then they shouldn't. We can discuss results, toss stuff back and forth, etc. I think the discussion between Carrie and Darren is a good example - they disagree and they've bounced the issue back and forth a couple of times. But this other stuff..... UGH

Ummmm.... I think I'm done.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am probably going to open a can of worms here but i was reading through what katee posted above. I find it interesting that someone can say

"I can't help it - I hate it HATE it HATE it when somebody who has no bloody clue what they're talking about says well I FEEL blah blah blah or well MY opinion is..."

then further down say

"I THINK that often the results we see are related to the appropriateness of a product or procedure in addressing the issue in question and sometimes I THINK it has to do with metabolism and, etc etc "

I guess my problem is there always seems to be one person whom THINKS every one elses opinon does not matter but theirs.

so in the end wenrwdy, take what everyone has to say and try to figure out what YOU will do from the information. I dont believe anyone is right or wrong on here and that is the beauty of these forums, you can learn, debate, all you want.

Katee,

I am not trying to start anything with you. I think you do have good points. I dont think it is fair or right of you to say some people have no clue what they are talking about on here. (i am sure some of the people that come on to spam dont) wether it is through experience or schooling, everyone is intitled to say how they feel. Or how a product worked for them.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Bravo! Well said Fierce.

I don't ever remember trying to shove my opinion down anyone's throat. Perhaps I was just trying provoke some thought. There are discussions and even "debates" on other boards I frequent but I have never seen such hostility as I do here. That is a shame. I was only trying to share information and gain some knowledge on skincare and the science of it. I find it fascinating.
That's all.

A reminder of the EDS Guidelines:
INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
Use of offensive language is not permitted on the EDS forums. Any post which is seen as containing abusive, harassing, hateful or otherwise inappropriate content will be deleted by the moderators. If a user insists on posting such content, the moderators reserve the right to ban the user from further posting.

In a nutshell, please be considerate of others when posting here and please keep in mind that cultural differences may exist. Please also consider your style of writing when posting on these forums, e.g. posts written in upper case or using sms-style abbreviations can be difficult and annoying to read.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
pbsadhaka wrote:
Wanna accept my challenge to try it for yourself? If I send you a week’s worth of HA/collagen pills in care of PSF, will it get to you? Would you be willing to try it? Come on – I double-dog dare you! Very Happy

Quote:
Laughing Carrie, you crack me up! I actually did buy HA capsules about a month ago & tried them - I didn't notice anything. I was hoping I would, as this whole thing really is beginning to fascinate me. But I did not get the HA+collagen. I only got the HA. Maybe that was the difference. I don't know. If you want me to try the ones you use with the collagen, I will. But I want to pay you for them. You shouldn't be having to give them away for free. PM me & we can discuss the details.
I'll give it an honest try, I promise! Angel

Hi Darren Smile

A long time ago I posted a picture of my before and after lips after taking HA/Biocell Type II Collagen supplements. OMG it was so amazing!!! Do you remember Judy Marshall? Well, both Judy and I are the same age. Judy thought I lost my marbles until she tried it for herself. She also could not believe the difference in her lips almost overnight. Judy also is in the skin care industry. Do try the HA/Biocell Type II Collagen. Perhaps it doesn't work for everyone but sure as heck worked for me. My lips were always very full but with age shrunk. Sad These supplements I found to work extremely well and fast for me.

I am no chemist and don't get into all the science behind why a product works. I read, try and draw my conclusions. I respect your opinion. Carrie as far as I am concerned is in the wrong business. The many finds she has found on the forum are wonderful.

Have you tried the Lucia? Nothing more appealing then a guy with long, sexy lashes. Embarassed

Winnie
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Hi Winnie! I'll have to give it a try again. The lure of having long, sexy lashes is very tempting too! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
This whole discussion is really interesting!
Darren, would you please be so kind and post your honest opinion of how they work for you with the supplements that Carekate sends you??? I would be fascinated to hear about your results. If they DO work, then I'm running out and buying the mother load!!!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not one to "get involved"--I'm kinda an outsider looking in, but..I do wanna say that after a long wait on the HA supplements that I did cave in and buy some(which I had posted on a prevous thread). I did buy the BioCell II kind that many have reported has helped their lips plump up. Ya know I was more curious than ever to see how "my body" would respond. Well my lips are the same in size (which hey I can live with) but my knees are a heck of alot better. Very Happy No waking up in the morning feeling achy. So..bottom line, I'm glad I followed the original thread, took a chance and bought the supplements Exclamation Had no one ever started the thread I probably would still have achy knees. Confused My lips aren't FULL but this is ok. Ladies and gents, isn't it sometimes fun to simply "try" new things?? Call me ole' school but my thinking is..nothing ventured, nothing gained. Of course we're talking within reason here. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
I don't ever remember trying to shove my opinion down anyone's throat. Perhaps I was just trying to provoke some thought. There are discussions and even "debates" on other boards I frequent but I have never seen such hostility as I do here. That is a shame. I was only trying to share information and gain some knowledge on skincare and the science of it. I find it fascinating.
That's all.

What I've seen in the majority of your posts is you DO try to 'shove your opinion down peoples throats'. Provoking thought? No - you're looking to provoke arguements, and for what gain I haven't figured out yet.

If other boards you frequent tolerate your baiting tactics and generally nasty attitude then maybe you'd be happier to surf there. I haven't been a member here very long, BUT - I have read a good majority of the threads here. I have only seen 1 "arguement" here, and it's nothing compared to the bees nests you stir up at every turn.

Sharing knowledge and experience <laymen or expert> is welcomed here. I have seen it time and time again. If that's what you did that would be perfectly fine with everyone. But instead you have to attack or 'talk down to' someone who's opinion differs from yours. You have beat this HA topic to a bloody pulp. You have posted over and over again, started new threads about it. It didn't work for you. We all get it. Fine. Move on. It didn't work for my lips either, but has tremendously improved my shoulder that I've had 2 surgeries on and needs a 3rd. Hmmm, full lips?, pain free shoulder?...I'll take the shoulder.

There's an old saying - if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. There have been plenty of differences of opinions here, and the way it's settled is the parties agree to disagree, in a civil manner. I agree with all the above posts in regards to your behavior. You have infuriated everyone here <which in my honest opinion is exactly what you want to do, there's an ulterior motive behind what you've been doing and soon enough it will come to light I'm sure> to the point flames are flying from the keyboards.

Oh, I also found it quite ironic you posted the "forum rules" here. Apparently you think they apply to others due to some "blue language" but not to how you choose to conduct yourself here. As I read the 'guidelines' I see you have clearly violated the terms. Offensive language? A few mild cuss words? Surely you aren't that thin skinned. Be wary of the rocks you're throwing in that glass house of yours Wendy.

Shame, all over a supplement.

Wendy posted as a not so gentle reminder to us all
wenrow wrote:
A reminder of the EDS Guidelines:
INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
Use of offensive language is not permitted on the EDS forums. Any post which is seen as containing abusive, harassing, hateful or otherwise inappropriate content will be deleted by the moderators. If a user insists on posting such content, the moderators reserve the right to ban the user from further posting.

In a nutshell, please be considerate of others when posting here and please keep in mind that cultural differences may exist. Please also consider your style of writing when posting on these forums, e.g. posts written in upper case or using sms-style abbreviations can be difficult and annoying to read.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |