Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stri Vectin SD
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if any of you are fans of this product (I'm not) But...was at Costco today they have a 2pack (each bottle/tube containing 2 ounces) for $67.99. I do remember when I 1st tried it the stuff was pretty pricey. Figured I'd let you gals know.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Weird! Be careful, because this kind of stuff ought not be sold by such retailers. It's likely diverted stuff. Meaning that a middle-man sold this to them, and Costco isn't an authorized retailer.

Example: when I worked for Estee Lauder, I happened to see "Pleasures" at Costco. Estee Lauder products are not to be sold beyond E.L. counters or their sites. Shipments get stolen, and resold on the black market. Hence, their fragrance at Costco. `Probably the same scenario with StriVectin.

It's called diversion, and when consumers buy goods from such unauthorized retailers, they cannot be guaranteed of freshness nor authenticity. The manufacturer will not stand behind the product(s) which the consumer has bought in good faith. They cannot, because the retailer hasn't the authority to sell the goods! Both the consumer skin care company are effected negatively.

My advice is to always buy such items at kosher, authorized retailers.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you say that, because along the same aisle were a whole slew of EL products (lips sticks, fragrneces, mascaras etc.) I meant no harm, not knowing retail or franchising at all I thought it was just a good deal for anyone who may have been interested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Weird! Be careful, because this kind of stuff ought not be sold by such retailers. It's likely diverted stuff. Meaning that a middle-man sold this to them, and Costco isn't an authorized retailer.

Example: when I worked for Estee Lauder, I happened to see "Pleasures" at Costco. Estee Lauder products are not to be sold beyond E.L. counters or their sites. Shipments get stolen, and resold on the black market. Hence, their fragrance at Costco. `Probably the same scenario with StriVectin.

It's called diversion, and when consumers buy goods from such unauthorized retailers, they cannot be guaranteed of freshness nor authenticity. The manufacturer will not stand behind the product(s) which the consumer has bought in good faith. They cannot, because the retailer hasn't the authority to sell the goods! Both the consumer skin care company are effected negatively.

My advice is to always buy such items at kosher, authorized retailers.

Caspers mum, I have a question. I'm also about to buy the cream at Costco due to the attractive price. Since you mentioned EL, did you try the fragrance at Costco? Is it fake?

It will be very serious if Costco sells products illegally.
Ocean14
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Caspers mum, I have a question. I'm also about to buy the cream at Costco due to the attractive price

Hi Im not Caspers mum, but just wanted to share with you that Strivectin isnt anymore effective than Olay Regenerist according sources I read online (would share if I knew the places I saw them). I believe it was from a dermatologist who stated that. He/she said they use the same peptides/ingredients that make strivectin effective. Just something to keep in mind when browsing Costco (they have Regenerist in the same aisle last time I was there), plus its a lot cheaper!
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Ocean14 wrote:
Quote:

Just something to keep in mind when browsing Costco (they have Regenerist in the same aisle last time I was there), plus its a lot cheaper!

Oh! I have a Sam's card and wonder if they carry Regenerist. I've never looked for stuff like that but now I sure will. Thanks for the tip!
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ocean14 wrote:
Quote:
Caspers mum, I have a question. I'm also about to buy the cream at Costco due to the attractive price

Hi Im not Caspers mum, but just wanted to share with you that Strivectin isnt anymore effective than Olay Regenerist according sources I read online (would share if I knew the places I saw them). I believe it was from a dermatologist who stated that. He/she said they use the same peptides/ingredients that make strivectin effective. Just something to keep in mind when browsing Costco (they have Regenerist in the same aisle last time I was there), plus its a lot cheaper!

Really? To be honest, personally I don't like Olay, because I used to hear from a lot of reviews, even from professional researchers, saying that Olay is actually keeping removing the upper layer of our skin to make our skin look refreshed and radiant. If we stop using it, it will become worse.

Am I right or wrong?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin has Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 as active ingredient. You can get this peptide as active, and mix it into lotion of your choice
Cellbone: http://cellbone.com/Pentapeptide_Solution.htm
Ocean14
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Really? To be honest, personally I don't like Olay, because I used to hear from a lot of reviews, even from professional researchers, saying that Olay is actually keeping removing the upper layer of our skin to make our skin look refreshed and radiant. If we stop using it, it will become worse.

Am I right or wrong?

Hi jhelenhan,

I really dont think thats true. Olay is consistently rated as one of the best products on the market. There are no ingredients in the formulas that would cause the upper layer of skin to be removed (it does not contain harsh acids, retinol, etc). The only ingredient that possibly could is niacinamide, which would be very very mild and is actually one of the THE best ingredients in skin care. Thats why with the combo of peptides, niacinamide, antioxidants, Regenerist is almost always recommended by derms/doctors (ie. Dr. Baumann, Dr. Daniel Yarosh). In addition, its very beneficial to remove the upper layer of skin (ie exfoliate) and stopping use of the product will not make one look worse.

Quote:
Oh! I have a Sam's card and wonder if they carry Regenerist. I've never looked for stuff like that but now I sure will. Thanks for the tip!

bodiukein, I actually think Sam's does have it there. I know they have total effect, and definity and am almost positive they have the Regenersit there too. All three of those products are great choices. Total effects- niacinamide, loads of antiox/ Definity- niacinamide, glucosamine, DNA repair ingred/ Regenerist- peptides, niacinamide, antioxidants.
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Ocean14"][quote]
Olay is consistently rated as one of the best products on the market. There are no ingredients in the formulas that would cause the upper layer of skin to be removed (it does not contain harsh acids, retinol, etc). The only ingredient that possibly could is niacinamide, which would be very very mild and is actually one of the THE best ingredients in skin care. Thats why with the combo of peptides, niacinamide, antioxidants, Regenerist is almost always recommended by derms/doctors (ie. Dr. Baumann, Dr. Daniel Yarosh). In addition, its very beneficial to remove the upper layer of skin (ie exfoliate) and stopping use of the product will not make one look worse. [quote]

I have heard and read this too. Paula Begoun? has a web site and she wrote about what ingredients work and which don't and this was on the list of what works.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |